It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says Israel must give up nukes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

SO let me get this strait. If some foreign entity all of a sudden moves into your town and tells you to get the f out. And says if you stay you wont get a job, your kids wont get an education, and you will be mercilessly persecuted the rest of your life., that your just supposed to accept it and walk away with a big smile on your face? Dude what kind of drugs are you on man, i want some.

Please don't make me type up the last 100 hundred years of Middle Eastern history again! I have done it so many times on this website.

Ok I will anyway: So here are the Jews all pissed off about being "Holocausted." It is 1948 and all of the Jews from around the world jump onto PT boats donated of course from the sympathetic Americans. 6 million Jews land on the shore of the prosperous Palestinian nation (already sovereign for decades) They disembark D-Day style with guns-a-blazing and evict all of the arabs and kill those who resists and they are continuing this conquest up to this day.

You obviously have no idea about the true history of the region. You just continue believing what you want and even use what I just wrote to justify your ahistorical views.

Really though please read my first posts on this topic. Just pick up an encyclopedia for God's sake. Do a search on Google. Ask your Mom! I'm sure even she knows more about the History of the Palestinian Israeli conflict then you.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
So wait, its okay for you not to listen to treaties BUT not for them?
Okay...

what treaties have we ignored exactly?

and it dont matter since we are one of the nations who are suppose to enforce the npt.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor Israel should not have nukes as they are very very threatening, irresponsible and overly aggressive.

lol please, they only have nukes so their neighbors dont keep invading them.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
Dumb as most Americans are, I expected many to beleive this foolishness that was said. I am surprised to see not many up here beleive this. In order for israel to give them up, UN weapons inspecters would have to monitor and over see this as Iraq was. Israel should not have nukes as they are very very threatening, irresponsible and overly aggressive. Everyone wants them because of Israel. All of these many decades no one had interest in getting them until rumors circulated that Israel had them. israel already has stirred up anger in the region over Palestine now they are threatening Iran. Not to mention they attacked Osirak in 81'. Such a nation needs no nuke weapons.

Here's an anti-thesis for you - If Israel is Soooo very very threatening, irresponsible and overly aggressive, as you put it how come Israel did not use those nukes against those amiable Arabs and Muslim countries in those countless wars and spare themselves from the daily poundings of the Palestinians(the PLO and all their subordinate organizations), Hezbullah (and other Iranian proxies), Amal, Syria, Jordan and Egypt throughout the 35+ years Israel has nukes?

Are you against Israel's attack if Osirak in '81? are you for a nuclear Sadaam regime? Are you for a nuclear Iran?

Iran does not want nukes because of Israel - Iran wants to be a major world power. Hey they already have something like 9% of the world oil reserves, a very strong Army why not become a Nuclear power and then destroy Israel. Do you think Irans ambitions are different than what I describe?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The same old tired lines from the Zionist shills, I see.

Israel is just defending itself, it needs nukes otherwise the angry Arab killbots wil go in and kill every Jew and rape their women.

Reality check:

ISRAEL is the aggressor in the Middle East. ISRAEL is the factor that unites all other Middle Eastern Arab nations together.

They see how the US throws its' weight around in the Arab countries, threatens "regime change", and slaps embargos and trade sanctions on countries that anger it.

But for Israel, they send BILLIONS of dollars in MILITARY aid, and another few billion in economic aid (more than they send to the ENTIRE Third World, interestingly, when Israel is not a Third World country).

And they see Israel flaunting the UN and the rest of the world when it comes to nukes. And it angers them. Because they realize the double standard and it is ludicrous, because when it comes to warmongering, Israel beats all the other Arab nations to the punch.

So once Israel gets rid of its' nukes, they are going to be invaded? Based on what flight of fancy?

I'm just waiting for one of you to blame Arafat for all this somehow. Because the arguments coming from the Zionists are racist and demeaning.

Are Jews more important than Arabs? Than Christians? Do they deserve special treatment because of the Holocaust?

Because I seem to remember Hitler killed TENS OF MILLIONS of Russians in the concentration camps, why has Georgia not been able to fully secede and why can't they have nukes and illegally occupy any of their neighbors with 100% American complicity?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The United States can't tell Israel what to do! Never has and never will!

I'm an American and anyone here who would think of such a thing is just fooling themselves if they believe that Israel would even listen to them.

Israel has more rights to have a nuclear arsenal than any other nation on the face of the Earth including the U.S. In fact, there is only a handful of nations that deserve these weapons of mass destruction. Let me name them for you: the United States, the United Kingdom, Israel, and South Carolina.

The ones that wants Israel to disarm it's nuclear inventory are the ones who relish the thought of the Jewish state eradicated from the Earth.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am not anti-semetic one bit, i study the kabbala and very instrested in anceint israel.
Now im jsut going to blabber on repeating previous posts...if isreal didnt have NW's then iran wouldnt be trying to get any. And people say that if israel is not agressive why didnt they nuke the arab states? Well simply because is they did nuke any arab state, no administration in the world could presuade its people what israel did was right. Then the world would turn on israel. The thing that scares me though is that jews still get sympathy for the holocaust, jews who werent even alive during the holocaust want sympathy for simply being related to someone who was in auschwitz. Now think if imagine if israel did their own 9-11, and planted a small nuclear device in some low level populated jew sector, of course close to the palestine border. It would get even greater sympathy than what america did, and they have invaded 2 countries (so far). Then the whole world will be looking at someone to poke the finger at....Iran. So then israel can justify sending a barrade of nukes over to Tehran.
Israel is a american coloney in the middle-east, so this whole disarment statement has been between to pals going "hey mate, can you get rid of those nukes please?" *wink* *wink* "Yes what ever you say pal" *nudge *nudge*
And while this is going on america is geiving israel access to the star wars program.
Armstrong said it best, "what a wonderful world"

By the way verfed, please stop posting proaganda pictures on threads, we know your a zionist can we just leave it at that? Or should i put up some nazi propaganda? Well for the hell of it since we need both extremes...HAIL HITLER, WHITE POWER.
just evening out the balance......

[edit on 6-4-2005 by wang]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'll have to echo Souljah's comments on Israel giving up nukes, hehe....

Well the problem with Israel that it hasn't yet signed the nuclear proliferation treaty... I have no objections to it's program whilst it is regulated...

That's because the US keeps trying to pretend Israel doesn't have them, hehe.... This seems to be a shift in the US position though, acknowledging the program exists, and calling for such agreements.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Only a Moron from the State Dept. would come up with a crazy plan like this.....forcing Israel to give up her Nuclear weapons. Verfed's comments were right on the money, I won't bother repeating them.

Not only should Israel have Nuc's, but we should give them F-22's to deliver them should the need arise.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's all a show...

We say "give up the nukes" so we look like the good guys to the middle east (knowing full well they won't).

Israel says "no way!, but we'll sign treaties, etc." so they look like they're bending a little.

Seems like a face-building exercise for both....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's because the US keeps trying to pretend Israel doesn't have them, hehe.... This seems to be a shift in the US position though, acknowledging the program exists, and calling for such agreements.

You may have a legit point, Gazrok, but lets reverse that a bit and say:
The US knows that Israel has nukes and the ability to deliver them, but it is Israel who has yet declared that they have them. Hence their not signing onto the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). To do so, would be to admitting that they have them.

As long as many question whether Israel has them or has not, plays into the larger scope of military strategy: when in doubt, think twice before acting.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Has anyone confirmed the original story is anything other than a late April Fools prank? I find it very hard to believe anyone who gets their paychecks signed by the current administration is going to say anything like this in public.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't think it too far fetched that someone from the State Department would say something like this.

Maybe ther logic is like this: "Every once in a while throw the Israelis a harsh statement just to keep the Arabs happy."

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Seekerof:

The US knows that Israel has nukes and the ability to deliver them, but it is Israel who has yet declared that they have them. Hence their not signing onto the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). To do so, would be to admitting that they have them.

So following that twisted logic, if Kim Jong-Il just didn't declare anything, then what's the problem? North Korea certainly signed no NPT, so legally they're supercool.

So what's the diff?

What it comes down to:

If your country pays enough money to our politicians, then you can do whatever you want, we will veto any and every single Resolution in the UN that even barely goes against you.

Does the country with the LARGEST amount of broken UN resolutions deserve to have nukes?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
C'mon Jakomo I'm sure even you if you tried can see the differences between Israel and the DPRK.

Heres a start: DPRK communist regime for over 50 years.
Israel Democratic regime for 57 years.

DRPK spends so much on military millions have starved.
Israel has highest standard of living in entire Middle East.

Theres many more differences. Give it a go Jakomo

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Typical rhetoric, Jakomo, and you know it.

If you can't determine the difference, then apparently there is no need to explain such, correct?

Your comparing apples and oranges by mentioning Israel and North Korea in the same breath.

seekerof

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
In terms of nuclear power there isnt that big a difference between N.Korea and Israel.

Both feel that they are surrounded by enemies.
Both feel the urge to protect themselves.

Therefore both feel the urge to tool up with a-bombs.

Does either country have the right or the need for them?
Does any country have the right to control a minature arrmagedon?

In my opinion both countries should give up their nukes as neither one has need for them. They only raise the stakes in a stupid and bloody dangerous game.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe Israel needs them. Israel is still at war with Syria. A nation that won't even recognize Israels right to exist. Of course there is also the question of Iran.

*note that Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon and the UAE are not labeled. Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are missing.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That Israel/Siria wars gonna go nuclear any day now, real intense fighting...

Gotta be a better arguement than that.
There isnt even 'but all the neighbours have one'
Israel doesnt need nukes. All they do is keep the middle east crisis simmering.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Israel doesnt need nukes. All they do is keep the middle east crisis simmering.

Your right Joe the very air the Jews breathe is stolen from the Arabs and the Arabs resent that. As long as the Israelis remain in the Middle east the Arabs will be boiling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join