It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocky Horror and The Beatles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The Rocky Horror Picture Show was filmed to a number of Beatles albums, including the following albums, which are the only ones I have tried so far:

1. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

2. Magical Mystery Tour

3. Yellow Submarine

4. Abbey Road

5. Rubber Soul

6. Revolver

7. Beatles For Sale

The synchronization of theme shared between movie and album clinches it. The thematic sychronizations are often alchemical in nature. Other synchronizations hint that, for example, Janet jumps rope.

It also seems Jesse Franco filmed a few movies to music of The Beatles. This is what I have confirmed so far:

Eugenie . . . the story of her journey into perversion synchs with Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Venus In Furs and Vampyros Lesbos synchs with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've actually done the synchs and know what to look for, therefore I know what I am talking about. Anyone who does the synchs correctly themselves can see for themselves. They can see how the music is used and how this makes the synchs obviously purposeful.

Implying that people are smoking something simply because they are trying to communicate ideas indicates an underlying hostility towards the communication of this information, which only confirms the value of what is being communicated here.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To know a synch is real, you have to pay more attention to melody and theme than beat. Beat is important, but very often the same exact beat is used in recording studios anyway, and a film done to music will tend to synch with everything. The synch with melody and theme is the proof a specific synch was purposefully created. Also, synched analogy and pun is used quite often, between film and music.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah, there is also a synchronosation between Pink Floyd's album Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz. f you play the record from the moment the MGM Lion roars and watch it with the tv sound off it is amazing.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Try starting the synch from the third knock Dorothy makes on the Tin Man's chest, after they meet out by the orchard for the first time. It's an axample of the use of analogy in creating a synch.

top topics

join