It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: GIs May Have Beaten, Killed Iraqi General

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Recently revealed court testimony that had previously been secret has indicated that an Iraqi general in U.S. custody was severely beaten two days before he died. Maj. Gen. Abed Mowhoush died of suffocation during an interrogation. According to the transcript, Mowhoush was placed head first in a sleeping bag, wrapped in electrical cord, and then soldiers sat and stood on him and he ultimately suffocated. The soldiers implicated in this have all plead not guilty indicating that thier commanders had sanctioned the action.

www.foxnews.com
FORT CARSON, Colo. — Previously secret court testimony indicates an Iraqi general imprisoned by U.S. forces was badly bruised and may have been severely beaten two days before he died of suffocation during interrogation.

References to the alleged beating appear in a transcript, released under court order, from a military preliminary hearing for three soldiers charged with murder and dereliction of duty in the death of Maj. Gen. Abed Mowhoush on Nov. 26, 2003. A fourth soldier faces the same charges but waived a hearing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The soldiers in the case are still awaiting a decision if they are going to be court martialed. This is one of the low points in American military actions. While the soldiers that performed the abuse should and are being tired for thier crimes, it needs to go much higher. On a transport I am in charge and I am responsible for the actions of my team members even if I had no clue what they were doing. The same needs to hold here.

new topics

join