It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a problem...........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't know what is wrong with me, I cannot sleep at night since well over a month now. It is frustrating as
ing ..ell!!
I toss and turn so I get back up and on the computer.

I seem to get tired during the day now since I don't sleep at night, and the Doctor said everything was normal, that it was just a phase, but how long will this last?

I miss going to bed at my usual time, 11 pm!
This is driving me
ing nuts!!

Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm having the same problem!!! The way I always fix it is by forcing myself go get up extra early the next day. And no naps. Then I try to tire myself out, go for a run or somthing, and usually I'm pretty tuckered out that night. Then everything falls into place for me.
Hope that helps!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thank You for your thoughts I really appreciate them vvery much.
The problem is, I take a nap during the day after work, and then the cycle iss repeated all over again.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
it has been sudgested to me to drink a warm bevrage. (non cafinated preferred, but some do get sleepy from caffine)
you could try to "reset" your sleep cycle by staying awake till next night. warning i was awake a week one time as i was only ready to fall asleep an hour befor i had to wake up. it rather sucked.
try to bore yourself. (only seems to work when you don't want it to lol)
keep your light on and read untill you fall asleep, has worked a few times for me.
same as above with watching tv or useing computer, with both methods don't turn off the light as you may loose your chance at sleep, just let the light stay on and drift to sleep.
i won't tell you to smoke weed to pass out.

tell me is your mind just running on and on? i don't know anyway to stop it but happens to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you have it quiet when you try to sleep, turn on some background music. If you have background noise or music on when you try to sleep, make it quiet. Drink some tea with honey before you go to bed. If it is dark, put on some light. If you have some lights on, make it dark. Do the opposite thing and it might give you the desired effect. Or you can try and stay awake until the next evening at 11 pm and you´ll fall asleep garanteed...

I consider myself as a sort of "expert" on this area since I work during the night and sleep at daytime. After 7 straight nights, 11 hours + 3 hours of travelling, I tell you I feel like a zombie afterwards...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well, to tell the truth ..yes my mind is constantly running.thinking..always about people who may be out in the cold with no home, kids who are starving, and I think 'What can I do or we do to stop all this sadness, hatred, and wars. I think a lot, and what you said about staying up all night...actually today I talked with my husband and I said I was going to try to stay up tomorrow without going to bed, and maybe I could get back on a schedule, but I said that before and ya...I took the nap.......sigh

[edit on 3-4-2005 by angeleyes101]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
If you have it quiet when you try to sleep, turn on some background music. If you have background noise or music on when you try to sleep, make it quiet. Drink some tea with honey before you go to bed. If it is dark, put on some light. If you have some lights on, make it dark. Do the opposite thing and it might give you the desired effect. Or you can try and stay awake until the next evening at 11 pm and you´ll fall asleep garanteed...

I consider myself as a sort of "expert" on this area since I work during the night and sleep at daytime. After 7 straight nights, 11 hours + 3 hours of travelling, I tell you I feel like a zombie afterwards...

Well..please if that does not work will you try and help me........I hate this!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeleyes101
I don't know what is wrong with me, I cannot sleep at night since well over a month now. It is frustrating as
ing ..ell!!
I toss and turn so I get back up and on the computer.

I seem to get tired during the day now since I don't sleep at night, and the Doctor said everything was normal, that it was just a phase, but how long will this last?

I miss going to bed at my usual time, 11 pm!
This is driving me
ing nuts!!

Any suggestions?

You know I go through my Insomia spats here and there, The thing i do is i cut back on all sugar and caffeine products , reading about twenty pages of a book will do it too.

If worse comes to worse go to GNC and get Melitonin it'll cost you like 5bucks for 30pills , you take one and it'll give you an almost natural drowsiness , the only thing i can say about taking it is when you wake up in the middle of the night ,it helps you go right back to sleep alot easier.

you need to see if you are stressing over anything, start clearing your mind before bed whether it be music ,a glass a wine or even a hot bath.

I hope these tips work for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well..please if that does not work will you try and help me........I hate this!

Well, drogo had an idea which he wouldn´t tell you. And I guess I can´t suggest for you to try that either...nuff said...

Sex is another idea...

[edit on 2005/4/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As a matter of fact I am stressed over something. My Aunt does not look well, and her well is full of toxins, she can't drink the water, bathe in it, and has to lug it from a neighbor. She lives about 35 miles from me, and was out to see me about a week ago I was in the tub, I had just gotten home from work, and she yelled my name, and I told her I would get out and dried, and found her in our bedroom crying on the bed, tears streaming down her face, about her well and roof, so I offered to help, but she is so stubborn she refused my offer to fix her well and roof and now I worry about her all the time. She is one in a million to me, and has lost so much weight , and it is scaring me. I can help her money wise but she won't let me, it's her pride I guess I don't know but it is very troubling to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i think that is your problem right now. i have found that when my minde won't shut off only passing out works. i have been totaly exausted but my mind keeps me awake. DON'T take the nap you may need every bit of tiredness (is that even a word?) to fall asleep. if you can figure a way to silence your thoughts it might help as well.if you figure out a way please tell me how.

some of my friends have tried to blame my coke drinking for my problem but coke don't seem to have any effect to keep me awake if i want it to lol. in fact if i don't drink enough i get headachs. lol can you say addicted.

another question. if you are off say 2-3 weeks does your sleep schedual change to opposit to normal? i have found myself that when off extended periods that i end up sleeping 8 am-8 pm. since i have been off since nov. due to a car accident that i originaly did that and now my sleep schedual is all over creation. for example i fell asleep arround 9 pm and woke up about half an hour ago. i have in the past thought about asking for sleeping pills but was always afraid i would become addicted.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That is not the problem not at all.....lol....we have a very healthy #$% life. very.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
that stress is probably it.she might not like it but mabe you can force your help on her by stateing that family helps family. pride is a hard thing to break even when you know you need help. trust me i know i can't get myself to ask for help from freinds and family even though i am down to my last 10 bucks now.

as for the reading a book. wow i have been known to read a couple hundred pages befor falling asleep. lucky you,(i read way too much lol). still it could help

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well, to tell the truth ..yes my mind is constantly running.thinking..always about people who may be out in the cold with no home, kids who are starving, and I think 'What can I do or we do to stop all this sadness, hatred, and wars.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by angeleyes101]

Remember, you can't help any of those people if you are too tired!

Make sure that if you can't sleep, that you leave the bed, and go to another room (this prevents associating your bed with insomnia)..
Not too much light in the room though..enough to read..
Read a book, but not anything TOO interesting..

If you turn on the TV..try tuning to an infomercial, but do not buy anything.
Also, forget the OXYCLEAN guy, he talks WAY TOO LOUD..
ok nevermind the infomercial..

Print out some of my old posts here, read those...ZZZZZZZZ...LOL..

the imporant thing is to not let your mind race of to those things that really bug you..So occupy your mind with other things..

Good luck and goodnight!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I work from 9am to 5pm every day, and on week-ends sometimes until 10pm. I am the manager.
Like you I love pop, only it is Pepsi, or Orange, but I know many people who drink cofee, (not me) and they buy cases of it and have no trouble falling asleep so it must be something we are either stressed over, or something else.
If I think of something for sure I will let you know. I know what you're going through.It is awful..

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have gotten many good ideas, so I think what I will do is write each one down, try each one , and see what one works. Maybe that may help...trying what others suggest.
Thank you...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
well did you have any luck getting to sleep?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
But I think i am going to be leaving here for a couple of weeks after tonight to see if that helps.....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I slept last night ..i am so happy!! Sounds silly to be happy over something so trivial, but it was annoying me..if anyone in this thread wants to know how I did it, here goes.

Someone suggested not to take a NAP during the day and I would be tired , well yesterday I wanted to so bad but no I used all my willpower.lol
Then I came on here for a bit, went to bed, put the tv on a channel that was boring, and drifted off to sleep and oh I started with th letter Aand started naming counties that began with each letter of the alphabet, as many as I could and that's all I remember..till I woke up .
Pats back..........lol

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I slept last night ..i am so happy!! Sounds silly to be happy over something so trivial, but it was annoying me..if anyone in this thread wants to know how I did it, here goes.

Someone suggested not to take a NAP during the day and I would be tired , well yesterday I wanted to so bad but no I used all my willpower.lol
Then I came on here for a bit, went to bed, put the tv on a channel that was boring, and drifted off to sleep and oh I started with th letter Aand started naming counties that began with each letter of the alphabet, as many as I could and that's all I remember..till I woke up .
Pats back..........lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join