It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 -- Picking Sides

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I did not say that China is our "enemy", in fact, I support China when it comes to the Taiwon issue, even though I don't agree with their system of government. All I am saying is that if the U.S. went up against China in WW3 then there would be no winners. We would have a hard time fighting a 2 million man army with their reserves. And they would have a hard time going against America, just for the simple fact that we are one of the few countries that has a right to bear arms. And yes I believe that China's economy would destabilize if they go to war with the U.S. We have much more investment in China than we did in Nazi Germany, but hey if you look behind the scenes it is really the few that run the show.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are more kids under the age of 15 in China than the entire population of the USA. The coming decades are going to see a new superpower, imho. The EU and the US are going to have to move over, and make room for the new kid on the block. He's huge, he's got a lot of experience, and he's been waiting for his break. Now he is getting it. Welcome to the game, China, go easy on us, k?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Everyone is yapping the same rhetoric:

US has f-22's oooo, we have better guns...oooo...we have better/more nukes..ooooo

What you people are oblivious to, is that nuclear weapons, and conventional weapons, are obsolete. There are these things, called Electromagnetic Weapons, Scalar Potential weapons, ETC.....if there was to be a world war, In which Russia or China was that pissed off at the US to acutally attack. Then whoever said run to a cave and hide was correct, run.

The US would never attempt to attack Russia or China with conventional weapons (nuclear included), there would be no point. Nor would they attack us with those type of weapons. In the case where China/Russia (and whoever else joins them) VS. the US (and allies), we (the US) are royally screwed.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterdark
What you people are oblivious to, is that nuclear weapons, and conventional weapons, are obsolete. There are these things, called Electromagnetic Weapons, Scalar Potential weapons, ETC.....if there was to be a world war, In which Russia or China was that pissed off at the US to acutally attack. Then whoever said run to a cave and hide was correct, run.

The US would never attempt to attack Russia or China with conventional weapons (nuclear included), there would be no point. Nor would they attack us with those type of weapons. In the case where China/Russia (and whoever else joins them) VS. the US (and allies), we (the US) are royally screwed.

We'd be no more screwed than the China/Russia (and whoever else joins them) alliance....

Btw, we have better/more electromagnetic weapons, scalar potential weapons, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
Interesting, so you don't think China will be on the side of the U.S. either.

I wonder if anyone does, probably not.

I do. The only thing that keeps a billion Chinese alive is the US. If it weren't for the US who would buy up all those happy meal toys and even berets for our troops? China is also one of the reasons the price of oil is going up. They desire more of it every year just like everyone else and will eventually grow tired of the cost. Thus, they would love to get into the middle east. We also have a great number of nukes and defences against nukes, the other side, not nearly enough. If you were a part of the ruling priviledged class in China, what side would you take?

Not to mention a number of other reasons like they have their own problems with militant muslims. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen (nice thing about communism is you control the media). China is communist, thus they are outwardly anti-god (last thing a communist govt. needs is its people believing in something other than the governing class) and what is Osama and his thugs all about? Here's a hint, it starts with a and ends with h.

To say China would side with the other guys in my opinion, is overly simplistic. If it weren't for Hitler invading the USSR, they probably would have semi-stayed out of it until it became obvious who was going to win.

Then again, what the heck do I know, I work on trucks for a living.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think if WWIII will happen, Humans will be vanished and it will be the day of judgment.

Why not and many countries have nuclear bombs especially Israel.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Before there is a WWIII there has to be a major conflict that would be able to esculate to where people were willing to declare War on each other especially for countries like the USA and CHINA. It would have to be something worth fighting for. What are the choices:
natural resources- the world is running short on natural resources and each countrie wants what the other has.
a assination of a political leader- an assination that would turn a country into such a rage that they declare war.
Picking on a little guy- Attacking a smaller country and have either country back that little country up and then from there it esculates.

Or my personal favorite just to see who's tougher, and to establish the single super power in the World.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really don't see the reason for any of the sides to start a WW3. And expecially it's very remote US or China would fight each other, instead of gain more control in their region of interest: Mid-east for US, Korea, Philippines, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Mongolia.

But if we want to play risiko here are the squads, involved are a higher number of countries, please remember that in Cassino (Italy) military cemetery of a famous WWII battle are buried soldiers from New Zeland to Pakistan from Brazil to India.

Please underline that until now a few extremely powerful country from a military point of view have been forgotten: Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Ukraine, Kazakistan,

Side A)
USA, Canada, Italy, France, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Czech, Poland, Denmark, Great Britain, Argentina, Nigeria, Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, Ukraine, Lybia, South Africa, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Australia, New Zeland, Austria, Japan, Taiwan, Iraq

Side B) China, Uzbekistan, Kirghizistan, Kazakistan, Indonesia, Burma, Angola, Zaire, Ciad, Camerun, Belarus, Algeria, Mauritania, Iran, Sirya, Yemen, Malaysia,

Neutral) India, Sweden, All south america apart argentina, all southern africans, Germany, Sweden, Norway. Thailand, Spain, Portugal,

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
the allies would include USA britain france germany italy n most of the eastern european countries like ukraine. the sino side of china vietnam and those countries would be hypothetical and wouldnt really materialise. Russia would stand alone but due to the size of the country it can hold out 4 a very long time. the other thing is every country with a grudge would take the oppourtunity to attack the country they dislike. e.g china attacks taiwan. north korea -south korea, india-pakistan the middle east would destabalise very quick. overally NATO would due to technological superiority and in my opinion overall china would stay neutral due to the fact it couldnt afford to convert its huge economy from civilian to military without destroying it. russia would loose but i dont think it would be occupied propbably left like germany was at the end of ww1.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join