It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 -- Picking Sides

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by demosthenes
Yeah I think that's were NATO would come in and then it would be Nato vs Chinese and who ever else was on their side. Plus if the Chinese were to use nukes then they would want to get the Anti-missile defense out of the way so that would probably be their first choice. Isn't there a road along the west coast of Canada. Or a highway that would paralles the pipelines from Alaska to the states??

Are Canadians allowed to have firearms? And what do you think would be the turn out for a call to arms/militia?

The Alaska highway is the road. If you want to stretch the definition of road a little..... Once you get down into BC it improves, but from what I have heard there are stretches of it farther north that are, shall we say, sketchy.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis

Or do you destroy the humans and take their planet before they ruin it completely.

I'm skeptical about that, but I think if you believe in aliens, that's the most logical approach. We didn't go into space to explore life, we went into space incase our planet is at risk of ending I think.

Which is interesting when you think about it. Was the space program created because our leaders know that the earth is soon to end?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

Now that you mention it, I am asking myself the same questions. Thats a different way to think about it. Something to chew on for awhile.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If so then they have failed, cuz the amount of water that they can transport up there on short notice won't last very long at all. Then what?
I doubt that an aluminum can orbitting earth is going to be any safer than anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by demosthenes
Hmm the French, Well I really can't say that they would come and fight along with us either. They have become to passive over time and are not really a nation of warriors any more. I think that the French people would say something around "The Americans brought it on themselves and they deserve what they get". So I wouldn't count on them coming to our aid either.

But you do realise that the French are in Afghanistan right, along with the US in the war on terrorism?

Blobber

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Well personally, I won't hold my breath on the French coming to our aid. However, I DO know that France would DEFINATLY not fight AGAINST us.

I see them trying to stay the hell out of it.

If the US asked them for help in a world war...they would help....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

In all honesty, this thread was a joke the moment the author pinned China as the trump card. China would be a vast second fiddle to Russia in such a scenerio, because China simply can't confront the US nuclear superiority. China also does not have near the technology that would be needed to confront the US that would be needed in a full scale war. Russia might.

Also, to say that India would fight alongside China is a complete joke. India would be fighting against China if they took part at all.

Over all, you are looking at:

Allies:
USA, UK, Australia, Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain, (basically all of NATO), Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Canada, France, plus others I am forgeting

VS

Axis of Evil:
Russia, China, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Cuba.

In the end, both sides nuke each other. The Allies 'win' (if there is a winner in global thermo nuclear war) because they hold a decisive nuclear advantage, and the Allied naval forces would clean up.

I'd have to concur with the above.

But, China isn't looking for war with the US for a very important reason. It'd be like the shops of Rodeo Drive going on a killing spree killing off rich trophy wives. It's bad business to kill your biggest customers....
They'd be commiting economic suicide before even the first bomb dropped.

The other issue is sheer geography. China doesn't have the ability (or the experience) in supporting war efforts far from home and across the seas....we have been doing it for decades.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It is true that China would be commiting economic suicide if they go against the U.S. because most of the investment in China comes from the U.S. and its allies such as Japan, Taiwon, South Korea, and the EU. However, the same goes for the U.S. because a lot of our goods comes from China. I may be wrong though because the U.S. economy is mostly based on service industries. And if the Chinese do invade the U.S., then not only would they have to go against the U.S. military, they would also have to go against 293 million of U.S. citizens with guns.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Also, to clear things up, China has more than 250 nuclear weapons. In actuallity, they have about 2000. At the U.S. highest during the Cold War we had about 27,000. Now we have about 10,000. That still is enough to blow up the Earth 5 times over, or so I have heard. But like I said, it would be hard to invade the U.S. when we are one of the countries that allows its citizens the right to bear arms.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If anything, if there were an invasion then there would be a hell storm either in California or in the northern states of America. But if the U.S. invaded China, then we would have a hard time doing it, especially if they used guerilla tactics. The U.S. has a hard time going against guerilla tactics, with evidence in the Vietnam War. I hope that WW3 does not happen and if there were to be a next superpower after China or the U.S., then it is likely to be the EU or Brazil.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellraiser
Allied powers: Russia, china, maybe india, brazil.

Axis Powers: NATO (usa)

China goes with the USA. Period, no matter what you think. Its all about the cash, the US has it, China wants it.

Good guys: USA, China, UK, and whoever else wants to tag along.

Bad guys: Russia, North Korea, Middle East, and you can have Brazil...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That would be nice if it was US and China. Possibly Japan also. If that was possibly the case, N. Korea wouldn't be a threat now I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
What if World War III is not between any countries? It could be a war FOR the world. All countries standing together. Wouldn't it be shocking if world war III was actually a war for the world? In other words, a threat from outside of earth.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

SU-35s flying alongside F/A-22 Raptors with Eurofighters bombing alien ground positions?Chinese nukes on Los Angeles class boomers?

Israeli-Arabic special forces brigades backed up by Russian GLONASS and Brazilian artillery.

Jeez..What a world..

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Why does everyone say Brazil will go against the US? That is utter BS, I live here and I know for a fact that they will be lucky to get "happy brasillians" off the beaches, let alone get them to fight the US...

Brasil will never go to War against the US (or anyone else for that matter...), and in reality, why they hell should they?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oh and many seem to think Brazil are the bad guys? What the hell have they done to piss all you yanks off?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ok, here's what i think:

US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Mexico, France, Germany, Poland, Canada, Argentina, India, Pakistan, Spain, Norway, Japan, South Korea and some others.

vs.

China, North Korea, Syria, Iran.

questionable: Egypt, Lybia, Brazil, Cuba, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Russia.

i think these questionable countries ar ethose that would remain mostly neutral, but will still help one or both sides of a conventional war with supplies and whatnot. if it's nuclear war, these countries will be the only ones still standing.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KiwiDave
Oh and many seem to think Brazil are the bad guys? What the hell have they done to piss all you yanks off?

To answer your question were jealous because their all so damn good looking

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
if it's nuclear war, these countries will be the only ones still standing.

If it's nuclear war, Russia would have to be involved, or the U.S. would win the war with the push of a button. At this point, only Russia has the nuclear numbers to stand against us. At any rate, in an all out, balls to the walls nuclear conflict, there would probably be too much fallout worldwide for anybody to be alive in those countries left standing.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
But, China isn't looking for war with the US for a very important reason. It'd be like the shops of Rodeo Drive going on a killing spree killing off rich trophy wives. It's bad business to kill your biggest customers....
They'd be commiting economic suicide before even the first bomb dropped.

Seem that you may have forgotten a little bit history: Nazi Germany did have some notable business investments in the United States and vice versa in the years leading up to World War II. American business interests did for the same for the Soviets as well.

Don't assume that just because our "enemy" do business and trade with us or vice versa. Politics and national security take precedence over all economic matters.

Originally posted by Gazrok
The other issue is sheer geography. China doesn't have the ability (or the experience) in supporting war efforts far from home and across the seas....we have been doing it for decades.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Gazrok]

That may be true but don't underestimate the military capabilities of China. You still have Russia that can help China with that (both countries have gotten involved in recent military exercises that raised some alarms among policy experts and analysts in Washington, DC and Wall Street, respectively).

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I say:

A: Iran- China- Russia- North Korea-Pakistan

B: All Europe except UK

C: US-South Korea-Japan-UK-India-Israel

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
History will repeat itself.

thats why theirs history class is so that that people wont make the same mistakes as in history. i can see it reapeating once but not again for WWIII.

also i see world war 3 much different from the other world wars like for example much more participation from asia and the middle east.

also, it got better near the end, but i cant belive how many people left out canada, the author left out canada in both world 1 and 2. Anyways

i see the next world war starting from a economical breakdown of a country or a disapearince of a reasorce (probibly oil). like in Germany a lot of the support toward the Nazi party came when stock market crashed and they lost a bunch of money.

i see the teams as

team A- Canada EU (or at least the majority of it) U.S. India (yes india) South Korea japan

team B- China Russia N. Korea middle east countries Cuba

i think countries in south amarica and africa will try and stay out of WWIII and im not sure about australlia but i think it will go with team A

and this is also coming from a risk expirt

p.s. i also think that the next superpowers will be Canada, Brizil, China, or india

[edit on 6-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join