It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be possible to support a representive democracy and be a "non-partisan" person?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey, I support the Constitution and The Bill of Rights, like any good American Citzen(omg! I typed the "C word"!), but just wanted to know would it be possible to just vote for ppl based off a stronger background check than the media and public give them(i.e. see "networks", crimes, etc.), and their own ideologies?

If not I'll vote for the "Backstreet's Back" party. Lol-joking, joking.:w:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Can it be possible to support a representive democracy and be a "non-partisan" person?

In a word, yes.
With the use of a few more words;
In my opinion, the two most dominant political parties (ie: Democrats & Republicans) acheive pretty much the same results...They just use different methods to achieve them.

Liberals suffocate our freedoms by removing our right to choose (for our own good, of course)...The Right Wing suffocate us by simply forcing control over us (under the guise of enforcing a "status quo"). No matter which way you look at it, it doesn't matter which party wins the elections, the People always lose.

I have to admit, they have the concept of "social engineering" down pat to be able to pull this off right under our noses...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Our Constitution was no twritten with political parties in mind. There were not supposed to be people making a career out of politics. So, yes, it is possible to do as you suggest, and I wish more citizens would do so...

join