It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New pope time table

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What is the new time table for selecting the new pope?Pardon me for saying this,but is the selection,a heated debate .

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
sorry about that

[edit on 2-4-2005 by silver wolverine]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think they have to install a new Pope in 21 days, but don't quote me. Heated? How heated can a room full of 75 year old Cardinals get?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sorry? It was the funniest thing I've read all day! Put it back!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We are all human,thus with the highest order of the church,it would seem a lot of lobbying would start.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There was a thread yesterday with a bio on all the hot favorites. They lock themselves in a room and don't come out until they agree on who gets the job. Then they burn the secret ballots...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
On the news last night they said there will be 9 days of mourning before selecting a new pope begins. I also heard something about 21 days after the burial I didn't catch what they were talking about there.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The cardinals will be sequestered to elect a new pope no sooner than 15 and no later than 20 days after the his death. The exact day is of their choosing. Once the day is chosen, they are locked within the Sistine Chapel and not allowed to leave until a decision has been made.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here comes the Black Pope...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

What does that mean?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
What does that mean?

One or two of the front-runners for the new papacy are black. Another is from South America.

How this is a bad thing is beyond me. There have been black popes before, just not in modern times.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

What does that mean?

I think he meant as is Evil pope or Anti-pope i don't think he meant A non-white pope.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

What does that mean?

One or two of the front-runners for the new papacy are black. Another is from South America.

How this is a bad thing is beyond me. There have been black popes before, just not in modern times.

Really? I find that surprising, wasn't the church opressive, too?

top topics

join