It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! The Pope Has Died and its a Sad Day for Humanity!!!GOD Bless and Farewell John Paul II

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I work for the Air Force Space Command, and we got an e-mail a couple of hours ago that said that US flags are to be flown at half-mast. The Pope was a great guy and all, but isn't that a bit much? He's not a US citizen. Will we lower our flags for all religious leaders, or just the catholics?

Its out of Respect and you know that. They should be half mast. This was a special Pope.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Its out of Respect and you know that. They should be half mast. This was a special Pope.

People can have other Idea's other than yours.

Too be perfectly frank, I can careless.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How would you feel if other countries didn't have their flags at half mast when 9/11 happened? It's to do with respect, and that is something this pope had, because of his dedication to his beliefs whether you agreed with them or not.

[edit on 3/4/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Images were taken from Drudgereport.com

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by curme
I work for the Air Force Space Command, and we got an e-mail a couple of hours ago that said that US flags are to be flown at half-mast. The Pope was a great guy and all, but isn't that a bit much? He's not a US citizen. Will we lower our flags for all religious leaders, or just the catholics?

Pope ona rope!

Nostradamus said that ww3 would start a little while after the pope died.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's not often that I agree with edsinger, but since it's happened, I will point it out. You don't need to be a believing Catholic to feel that a great man has passed.

I'm a baptized but non-believing Catholic. I may have disagreed with a number of the Pope's stances on issues. However, I deeply respect a man who stood steadfast for peace, hope and love. We have too few people willing to defend those three ideas in our world.

Rest well, Holy Father.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Now we wait for the election of the next pope.

There is some talk that it is possible the next pope will come from Africa or from South America, two of the leading areas of growth for the religion.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There will be a new Pope, but there will never be another John Paul II. I hated to see him struggle so much toward the end, but his life was remarkable from start to finish. He lived through some of the toughest times in European history and under two of the most repressive regimes in world history and yet he found a way to excel. We should never forget Karol Wojtyla and his remarkable life and extraordinary contribution.

Oh. I am not Catholic and most Protestants won't claim me.

[edit on 05/4/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
It's not often that I agree with edsinger, but since it's happened, I will point it out. You don't need to be a believing Catholic to feel that a great man has passed.Rest well, Holy Father.

Very well put......sometimes even I get it right huh?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
On the Day the Pope Died, 9 Australian Service personnel lost their lives rebuilding Tsunami and earthquake torn Indonesia, but the pope was first on the news, in all forms.

The pope is but an old man, who has been on his death bed for a while now, yet these 9 young Australians, on a humanitarian aid mission, must follow the death of an old man?

simply outrageous. Where is the greater importance/tragedy?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I did not know that 9 australians died....it truely was a sad day....
BUT it has been over a week.....shouldnt we stop mourning and think only of the happy things they done (the pope and those workers) and what they tried to achieve?
I dont think any of them would want us to cry for them...I think they would want us to be happy and live good lives for them...

Peace out people and rock on!

Ps...thank you for informing us azza

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thats no problem my friend.

It just, In my oppinion, seemed way out of proportion for Australia's news services to headline with the pope, as opposed to 9 of my Countrymen.

Where is the Greater good for the Greatest number principle?

ps I think your the first person to thank me on this website..and with 2000+ ats points thats really saying somthing

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
Thats no problem my friend.

It just, In my oppinion, seemed way out of proportion for Australia's news services to headline with the pope, as opposed to 9 of my Countrymen.

Where is the Greater good for the Greatest number principle?

ps I think your the first person to thank me on this website..and with 2000+ ats points thats really saying somthing

The pope was....more news catching...that is the media for you..

You have a good heart and a good head...you'll do good here...

I'm glad I touched someone today...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There was other news being broadcasted yesturday. The pope dieing just affects more ppl. For instance I could be yelling how a few weeks ago the EU denied Croatia into the EU again because of an outragously stupid reason, but was it on the news? No

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Another Travesty my friend. was it the whole hairy women thing?

anyway, its just not right this recieves so much attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
Another Travesty my friend. was it the whole hairy women thing?

anyway, its just not right this recieves so much attention.

Hairy women?

This does deserve alof of attention. This affects 1.1 billion people. When Reagan died last year. CNN did a whole thing just like now with the Pope. I dont remember hearing any1 complaining about that.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So, to chance the topic line some, are there any Pope-death related "end of the world" scenario's I should be worried about?

I always here people saying we're in for it when the pope dies.. whats your basis and why this one?

Excellent oppurtunity to rehash an old subject..

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
So, to chance the topic line some, are there any Pope-death related "end of the world" scenario's I should be worried about?

I always here people saying we're in for it when the pope dies.. whats your basis and why this one?

Excellent oppurtunity to rehash an old subject..

Well I guess you could say that the antichrist could be one of the cardinals that is selected, but I dont think the cardinals would make such a poor choice.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People don't forget to watch the ancient passing rituals that is something that we may only witness onces in our lives.

Are they being televised or something? I thought that the process of choosing the next Pope was being held in secret, behind closed doors. As far as I know, all we can do is read about it.

Originally posted by xpert11

Originally posted by Raphael
Here comes the False Prophet..

What are you talking about?
Care to explain?

Some people think that, based on ancient prophecies of various people, that Pope John Paul II was the last "real" Pope. In their view, the death of John Paul II signals the beginning of the 7-year process of the end of the world -- and that the next Pope chosen will either be the Anti-Christ himself, or be fooled by him...

... At least, that's how the story was told to me!

Originally posted by Croat56
There was other news being broadcasted yesturday. The pope dieing just affects more ppl. For instance I could be yelling how a few weeks ago the EU denied Croatia into the EU again because of an outragously stupid reason, but was it on the news? No

I fully expect Croatia to one day be accepted as an EU member. In fact, I'd say that one day, all of Europe except for Russia may one day be part of the EU (even Turkey!)...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
edsinger,

I thought you were Christian? How can you say that this is a sad day for humanity because someone who chose to critisize our nation for our actions in Iraq, overlook pedophile bishops in the church's ranks, and seek praise from members of his church.

A real man of God wouldn't want the title "Pope".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join