It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Sonic Boom in Florida! Right Now! 4/2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
By the clock, 11:56am EST

It was a long boom, lasting for about 30 seconds or so.
Was VERY loud. Enough to slightly rattle the house.
Could have been two different booms, or just the way it sounded. (as it was loud, a little less, then loud again, and faded).

From St. Pete, it was towards the direction of MacDill AFB in Tampa.

Now, I've grown up around planes, and let me just say, it wasn't familiar to me at all, and I seriously doubt it was two F-18s... Strange....

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
More happening now.
The second one was a more normal one...(not quite a sonic boom)
I did spot a fighter (one) this time, and it was heading towards Tampa, but then dove a bit also, looked to be an F-18, but couldn't be sure at the distance.

After that, heard another more normal jet noise (not a boom) but couldn't spot the jet.

Since then, more jet sounds still going....(and I don't know of any local air shows or anything...but will double check).

The first one was still bizarre though....scared the pee out of our neighbor, hehe....

EDIT: Just checked, air show isn't for another week or so....possibly training/practice???

public.macdill.amc.af.mil...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I heard many in Florida. Once heard a weird one about 50 miles W.... of Jacksonville. Too much "bass" and it was just odd. Turned out to be a Shuttle coming in lower than usual. Read about it a day or so later.

Any NASA stuff happening today?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Shuttles not due to fly for another month or so, so it cant be that. No sat launches that Im aware of either.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Did sound like the space shuttle almost, it was just that loud....
But not one coming in or even up...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Could the first one been a Jet flying really low? I cant image why they would test out space stuff close to civilian houses.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sigh... Nothing exciting ever happens in Ocala.

We get booms from jets going to the bombing range in the ONF and from the bombs themselves occasionaly, but nothing that big. Cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
stupid question but you don't have mining corps near you?

did you feel or just hear the boom?

what did your neighbours see?

also, just read this story, does this sound right?
Tampa Boom

"The anchor said, something to the effect, “no need to worry.. it was only two fighter jets flying over the area - coming into land at MacDill Air Force Base too fast”. The witness who sent in this report also stated that the statement sounded very scripted!"

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nope, no mining. (unless they want to use SCUBA gear, hehe...this is FL after all)

I'm familiar with the boom from a few weeks back, but didn't hear it personally. So I can't compare it. I talked to those who heard it though, and they described it as like nothing they've heard before. The planes from the 11th must have been flying REALLY low to cause that.

Mind you, with MacDill AFB right across the bridge, we're all pretty familiar with the sounds of the jets (me even moreso)...

This time though, I heard it myself, and rushed outside. I scanned the entire sky (and I have a pretty open yard, and lots of years around aircraft), and I didn't see a damned thing. Of course, such things aren't the easiest to spot. I could both hear, and feel the first major boom.

When the second, but normal boom sounded, I then was able to make out the plane I mentioned. Couldn't tell the exact type due to distance, but was a twin-tailed fighter. The diving behavior was likewise odd.

Various jets could then be overheard for about the next 15 minutes or so, then all quiet.

While I'm sure it was a plane of some sort, it simply was really loud for it, and unlike any other I've ever heard. I compared it to the shuttle sound only because that is similar to how loud it was. It's the only thing I can think of that's ever made that kind of boom.

If they try and pin this one on two F-18s, I just can't buy it.... I didn't hear the one on the 11th, so I couldn't disagree....but I heard this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe this thread will help Gaz..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I remember back in like January of 2000 we had sonic booms around 9:30 for two Tuesdays in a roe here in Daytona Beach. They would shake the house and everything. There were no shuttle flights either. The Military just gave us the same old "we will neither conferm nor deny any involment in the sonic booms."

Intresting thing was is that a few months later some weird stuff was washing up on the beaches and the feds closed the beach and cleaned it up.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hmm it almost sounds like the military was trying to check out the source of the noise. that would mean they were not aware of any activity before. therfore i would think that the military isn't involved. so no idea what it was.

it will beinteresting to see if any interesting storms come through the next few days. it is possible that it has something to do with harrp.

i must say i have never head of a sonic boom from a ufo. but who knows. keep an eye out gazrok. tell us what you see and suspect.

(damm good thing it didn't happen yesterday eh.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sonic Booms in Florida and UFO's seen at Pine Gap near Alice Springs in Australia...some weird stuff happening out there right now.....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You're not supposed to go over M1 unless you're above 50k or over the ocean, so this is sounding a bit dodgy.

Could be our friend Aurora?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Sonic Booms in Florida and UFO's seen at Pine Gap near Alice Springs in Australia...some weird stuff happening out there right now.....

Do you have a link to these UFO's?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
According stewart, sonic boom may be more than that. below, it's just comment of what it is most likely...

...Florida—although the US military says that was a sonic boom—NOT! Over 3800 quakes have recently occurred undersea off of the coasts of Washington State and Oregon. These are related to Mt. St. Helen’s eruptions and the eruptions soon to come in other states. Florida is starting to crumble as the limestone foundation is collapsing as the Caribbean Tectonic Plate rises and puts pressure on that peninsula. Sinkholes galore are opening up....

www.expansions.com...

Does anybody has any other sources on that?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by mwen]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So far, nothing in the local news.... This is different, as at least last time this happened, it did hit the news... Will keep an eye (and an ear) out for more....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
if i were a betting man i would chock this up to kids and gunpowder. your "sonic boom" will not perpetuate so far that you could not see the offending aircraft.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
You're not supposed to go over M1 unless you're above 50k or over the ocean, so this is sounding a bit dodgy.

Could be our friend Aurora?

There appears to be lower levels than this...
" A YO-3A aircraft measured the SR-71 sonic booms from 21,000 to 38,000 ft below, recording 17 passes. "

Link to www.nasa.gov

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As with any rule, exceptions can be granted. What I should have said was, "during the course of normal flight.'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join