It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Already!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You have voted Relentless for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Great thread relentless. You are totally right, there is so much hate filled garbage on ATS right now. From all the threads about god not existign that turn into flame fests to the threads about homosexuality that change into people callign eachother homos and other nasty names. ATS is going through some dark days. Maybe ats just needs more mods. Maybe the oens right now are being overworked. I think it'd be great if we got more mods.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Many people feel that the popes death is a good thing as he has been protecting pedophiles for decades. Many people would have strong feelings about this.

If you had been molested as a child by a catholic priest, and later found out that he had been shielded by the church, you to would wish pretty bad things upon the leader of that church.

Just because lots of people love a man doesn't give him immunity from hate.

Less hate on ATS would be nice, but I don't think the pope is a good example of hate being unwarranted.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hate is something that will eat away at you.
More often than not Hate is fueled by Fear. There is the saying live by the sword die by the sword, well... live by hate and die by hate.
Hate is an emotion that takes away logic and reason.

When people are posting hate threads we have to show them this. Bans and warns do not stop hate.

DENYHATE

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gekko
Many people feel that the popes death is a good thing as he has been protecting pedophiles for decades. Many people would have strong feelings about this.

If you had been molested as a child by a catholic priest, and later found out that he had been shielded by the church, you to would wish pretty bad things upon the leader of that church.

Just because lots of people love a man doesn't give him immunity from hate.

Less hate on ATS would be nice, but I don't think the pope is a good example of hate being unwarranted.

Peace.

I have to ask, how do you know all the people that posted Pope Hate in that thread have been molested by Priests?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't.

Do you know that they haven't?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I have to ask, how do you know all the people that posted Pope Hate in that thread have been molested by Priests?

Why is this relevant? Many people despise that kind of behaviour. I take pride in being one of them myself. I bet there are plenty of preists that feel the same was as I do and I bet a lot of preists have less respect for the pope than you would imagine. Religion is certainly a rigid affair but last time I checked complete mental domination hadn't been acheived yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
His point seems to be, you can hate the Pope if a priest has molested you. Yet I would doubt any of those people have been molested by a priest.

Honestly, I think you two are being insensitive. Leave this thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I know the mods are busy and they have lives, but in all honesty, if the flat out hate isn't addressed in some way at some point, this board is going down the toilet, and I really am sad to see it headed that way.

If you find problematical posts, please use the gripe button and bring them to our attention (or U2U me or any other moderator if you're not sure if it's gripeworthy or not. ) Remember that we have lives (which is why a gripe is more effective because it is posted for all moderators to read) and we may not get on top of it within a matter of hours. But it will be addressed.

Knowledgeable, caring members who can recognize when threads are getting out of line are a real asset to the board. I don't know if you've noticed, but we have around 41,000 registered members (that's bigger than a lot of towns I've lived in, folks) and the number of threads here is staggering. Letting us know where there's a problem helps us address things like stupid bashing threads quickly and keeps the tone of the board at a more reasonable level.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

His point seems to be, you can hate the Pope if a priest has molested you. Yet I would doubt any of those people have been molested by a priest.

Actually I think he is reverting to an age old technique of reversing the onus of proof. A little below the belt but we should argue to learn, not to win or lose.

Are you referring to me? How exactly are you going to justify that remark? Sometimes objectivity can be insensetive but I hardly see any reason why I should leave any thread just because some 80's trash copshow lover cant think of anything smarter to say.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde

Actually I think he is reverting to an age old technique of reversing the onus of proof. A little below the belt but we should argue to learn, not to win or lose.

Are you referring to me? How exactly are you going to justify that remark? Sometimes objectivity can be insensetive but I hardly see any reason why I should leave any thread just because some 80's trash copshow lover cant think of anything smarter to say.

Why should I justify it? If you don't like what the poster has to say, ignore it. You may not have noticed, but the thread was made because of people like you.

As for your last line, there have been warnings given for less. I would advise you remove it posthaste.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If you don't like what the poster has to say, ignore it.

As for your last line, there have been warnings given for less. I would advise you remove it posthaste.

Hypocrite

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There's a differance between hypocrisy and giving a heads up...you work it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm sure, you doubt it. That dosn't make the point invalid though.

Leave the thread? Because we dont agree with eachother? If you want to mourn the pope, I can think of better places than an ATS thread...

PS: In case you havent noticed, he is still alive, so no one is dissing the dead in here.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There's a differance between hypocrisy and giving a heads up...you work it out.

The only heads up here is yours, squarely up you a$$ by the looks. Go on, whine to the mods. I care.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gekko
Leave the thread? Because we dont agree with eachother? If you want to mourn the pope, I can think of better places than an ATS thread...

PS: In case you havent noticed, he is still alive, so no one is dissing the dead in here.

Once again, the point is missed. I think Delta was saying leave the thread because it is turning into exactly the thing that this thread was posted to bring awareness to.

And I'll state it again - this thread is not about the Pope, the Pope threads are an example of what the problem is, not the only example, just what I see as an example of the problem increasing rabidly.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't think it's insensitive to point out the possible reasons for something happening on the board. Thats what the board forum is about, and my post could answer something the thread questioned.

As I stated in my first post, I agree that less hate and flaming would be good in general.

[edit on 2/4/05 by gekko]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If you find problematical posts, please use the gripe button and bring them to our attention (or U2U me or any other moderator if you're not sure if it's gripeworthy or not. ) Remember that we have lives (which is why a gripe is more effective because it is posted for all moderators to read) and we may not get on top of it within a matter of hours. But it will be addressed.

Yes Byrd, I know how to use the "suggestions" button, that once you hit it turns into the "complaint" button or as you so affectionately refer to it as the "gripe" button. For really serious offenses I admit to using it in the past. But honestly, the problem is so widespread at this point I think you would be flooded with gripers and it needs to be addressed at a broader level. I really prefer not to be viewed as the biggest griper on ATS thank you, and that's what would happen, so I thought I'd bring it up in a thread, since it's not an isolated incident.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And I'll state it again - this thread is not about the Pope, the Pope threads are an example of what the problem is, not the only example, just what I see as an example of the problem increasing rabidly.

Relentless - I also voted you in for the WATS award.

I've been a member here a while. Used to post often. However, I see what happens when people post. It turns into a slugfest.

I'm a moderator on another board (much smaller than ATS). I know that the mods have a life and appreciate it when someone gives them a "heads up" on a problem post or thread.

Perhaps the answer to the problem is for members like me to be diligent in giving the mods a heads up. Maybe this will stop the slugfests.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think the administration side of ATS need to inforce that "slugfests" are not welcome at ATS, Slugfest should be about of TOS and shouldnt be allowed at ATS. Thats my opinion

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Once again, the point is missed. I think Delta was saying leave the thread because it is turning into exactly the thing that this thread was posted to bring awareness to.

Perhaps, I didn't interpret his remarks as being defensive of the nature of the post but more of a retort to gecko's comments. If I am wrong then certainly apologise for the misunderstanding. The root of the very conflict you are talking about seems to be within these misunderstandings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join