It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is it possible we are all one?

That every mind is just a piece in an existing spiritual body that actually has consciousness and thinks?

That this 'one' that is the totality of all of human existence controls us and makes decisions about the world.

That we influence these decisions individually but cannot understand or be concious of our influence or comprehend that which the 'one' sees?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Wow Thats heavy doo doo...
Kind of reminds me of the "Matrix" where Neo becomes aware of himself apart from the hive mentallity he has been programed to believe in and exist in. Your question is a very thought provoking idea and starts the mind down many different roads, and that is very, very refreshing on this board.

One person who always seems to have good answers and ideas on these questions is Paul Richard i have not seen him post here lately, but i would like to hear his take on this issue.
As for me i'm still not sure if we are part of the one, or the one is part of us?.

Parker

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is actualy the exact thing David Icke talks about in his most recent works. Is that maybe where you got the idea?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
our souls are intertwined yes, but we all have indidual consiousness that make us all different and special. as for telepathic capabilities, you can consider that as one as well, see as the electrogravitational flux transpeirces the mind afluently.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It's funny you say that, as last nigh I was dreaming that I was assimilated by the borg and put into their 'collective', and our minds were one. Really strange, but I guess what you describe is one of the ancient Egyptian beliefs.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

That every mind is just a piece in an existing spiritual body that actually has consciousness and thinks?

That this 'one' that is the totality of all of human existence controls us and makes decisions about the world.

That we influence these decisions individually but cannot understand or be concious of our influence or comprehend that which the 'one' sees?

This is similar to what I believe. I think that we are all part of a "collective consciousness". This consciousness, which is the collective consciousness of all life (from an ant to a human) is what (in my opinion) most people refer to as God. It has the power to influence all life, or just one individual. It is wise beyond the comprehention of any one man (or woman), and through meditation and concentration I believe we can all "tap into" or "seek guidance" from it.
But of course this is just MY belief, and I apologise if this offends anyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well in some scriptures it states that we are all copies of just two bodies, and through birth we continue to create the copies... So .. that's similar

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've never read anything from Icke, but I will. Do you have any links for me that will lead me to this 'idea' that is similar to mine?

I think 'the one' is given data from individuals and cannot act independently from this data. For example, it takes the world to hate eachother for 'the one' to direct war. 'The one' creates conditions for war to exist based on the data given from individuals. If the world was full of people full of peace in their hearts it would be impossible for their to be war, 'the one' would then direct it's thoughts in consciousness towards peacefull progressive action not negative degressive actions.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

To that line yes we are.!

lol- what next!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Zero OPS,
You are correct, We are all one. Our thoughts, emotions, feeling etc. are all of the same. Think of the family structure, its just a continual based on Parent to child and so on and so on. We all see ourselves in our children as our parents see us in them. In Religion "Catholic" for example, You have the Father, the Son and Holy Ghost. Well the holy ghost is the spirit that continually passes on. I truely believe what we hear, speak, think up etc. are all things we create in trying to find life and its meaning. I can prove fact, that my daughter was born on the same day my father died. This to me represents "life" my daughter and "death" my father.

Make sense?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
uh no sorry. the modifier WE eliminates the rest of the proposition.

our thoughts are not exactly similiar. Even two copies from a photocopier are two different copies that exist in matter.

so therefor correcting the sentence, you would say I am one. then since we dispure the meaning of I, there is in fact plural. Now your statement is correct.

if i have a 12 pack of mountain dew, i have 12 different cans, even if they are exact replicas. so no, we are many , you are one, and that meme is the basis of all totalitarianism.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Here's a way of looking at singularity... if you have a bunch of ants swarming all over an apple lying on the ground, up close you can see that they are single living organisms, but from a farther observation distance wise, it apears to be one mass oozing over something, and even farther away, it looks like one black spot... when you think about this on thinking level, up close you can see that each ant is acting individually on his own to collect parts of that apple, from a farther distance (thinking simpler) all the ants are acting in unison to collect parts of the apple, they are all doing similar actions... and farther away it acts as a single entity... this is referred to as the Hive mentality.

If you think about the possibilities of different realms of existence, where we each as a person only span consciuosly across a couple of those realms, it could be possible that each thought we have could be a completely separate and it's own entity in another realm... and our own existence, each of us, could possibly be but just separate thoughts of what we would consider a singularity. Our own singularity would then most likely be only one of an infinite amount of others like it that make up another entity, and so on.

This is the way I believe existence to work... so I say, upon my own beliefs, yes... we are all part of one.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was born straight after my great grandfather's death
So maybe we are all one.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Well, that could explain the machinations behind a belief in one God on Christianity.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
OOPS,
I believe that we are all like individual droplets of water, encased in shells of frozen water, which float around upon an infinite ocean of water. The water (soul or consciousness) inside each shell (body) is separated from the ocean (the "one" or universal mind) by an illusion. The droplet doesn't realize that its shell is simply the surrounding ocean in a different state. The truth, as they will see once their shell melts and they return from whence they came, is that the entire notion of separation or division was nothing more than a figment of their imagination.

This idea is expressed far more eloquently by others much wiser than I:

All is the work of Siva. All is the form of Siva. He is everything. You and I, he and it, fire and ether, ghosts and devils, other beings and Gods -- upon examination will all appear as He. --Siva Yogaswami

He (the supreme soul) desired, "Let me become many; let me be born." He performed austerity. Having performed austerity, He create all this, whatever is here. Having created it, into it, indeed, he entered. Having entered it, he became both the actual and the beyond, the defined and the undefined, both the founded and the nonfounded, the intelligent and the nonintelligent, the true and the untrue. Taittiriya Upanishad 2.6.1

Here is a great story about Buddha that illustrates this concept:

n a jungle in India lived a tribe of monkeys going about their monkey business, swinging from branch to branch. One of the monkeys was extremely agile and fast and often bragged that he was the fastest creature in the jungle.

One day the tribe of monkeys saw a monk walking through the forest and the speedy monkey, sensing a challenge, asked an elder monkey with long gray whiskers:
“What’s that?”
“Why, that’s Lord Buddha.”
“Lobida? What kind of creature is that?”
The elder monkey stroked his gray whiskers and looked his young companion up and down. “Lord Buddha is the greatest creature in the jungle. Your little monkey tricks are nothing compared to what he can do.” The monkey's pride piqued, he determined to find out for himself just how great this Lord Buddha was.

He scampered down the tree and jumped in front of the monk, hoping to frighten him. “I heard that you are the greatest being in the jungle. But I am faster than you. Shall I prove it to you?”
The Buddha looked at the proud monkey and said, “Surely, my son, if that pleases you.”
“All right. Here’s what we’ll do. You see that dead tree over there, by the river?”
“Yes, the one with no branches.”
“We’ll do a race. The first one to reach the top and return here wins.”
“… and to make sure there's no monkey business,” added the Buddha, “whoever reaches the top of the tree has to scrawl his name there.”
“Agreed.”

The other monkeys in the trees were hopping with excitement. The elder monkey was appointed as the race official. Lifting his huge hairy arm, he counted “Three, two, one, go!”

The monkey tore through the tree tops like a silver flash and reached the target within a couple of minutes. Slapping his paw mark on the top, he raced back triumphantly through the trees. And there, at the starting line, was the Buddha.
“You haven't even started yet!” puffed the monkey. “What an easy win that was.”
“Not so. Actually you lost.”
“What do you mean I lost? I went there, I came back. You never moved.”
“Precisely. That’s why you lost.”
“What do you mean? Don’t try to be funny with me.”
“Did you print your mark on the top of the tree?” calmly asked Lord Buddha.
“Yes, yes, YES!” The monkey was hopping wildly. “I did it, I have proof.”
“You see my index finger? What do you see on the top of it?” The monkey looked closely, and, to his amazement, he recognized his own mark on top of the Buddha's finger. He swung round towards the dead tree, but it was gone. He turned back in disbelief towards the Buddha. He had vanished.

Here is a more humanistic way of seeing it:

It is theorized that all information, both past, present, and future, exists in what is referred to as the "Universal Mind." The Universal Mind (or Collective Mind) transcends time and space and with diligent practice, is consciously accessible from the deep theta state of awareness. The Universal Mind is where information comes from for all accurate predictions and visions, whether auditory, visual, or emotional. It encompasses all that is and all that will be. In truth, it is where our thoughts come from. We only perceive them coming from the brain as we experience physical reality through most of our senses located in the head region (taste, sight, hearing, smell and even touch). The brain is a mere filter for our thoughts.

Even though all minds have access to this (for the Universal Mind is not separated from us and we are not separated from it), we have to let go, or shift our awareness from self (ego) before a true stream of real data can go back and forth between our conscious mind and the Universal Mind.
www.astralvoyage.com...

by AllseeingEYE
But of course this is just MY belief, and I apologise if this offends anyone

Never apologize for saying what you believe. People who get offended by others' beliefs, only do so, because they are not very secure in their own.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Its felt most with close family members and twins... they go through it in the extreme.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nice posts,

Heres to more

top topics

join