It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 200th Birthday H. C. Andersen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Today is the 200th birthday of the world famous danish author Hans Christian Andersen. He was born April 2nd 1805. Today´s event will be celibrated with a big show in Copenhagen, Denmark tonight. This show will be transmitted live on TV around the world. Lots of celebrities and Royals will be there. The show will start in about 14 hours from now, 21:00 local time.

Andersen was born in the Danish city of Odense, he is buried in the city of Copenhagen. There are rumours that Andersen might actually be related to the Danish Royal family (and I mean very close related), but so far that´s not official but just rumours (not April fools). H. C. Andersen is probably most famous for writing fairy tales such as "The Ugly Duckling". If you want more facts about this great man, I´m sure you´ll find a lot by doing a search on the internet or click some of the links provided here. I remember reading his fairy tales when I was a kid...
Happy birthday, Hans Christian!

Related links:
HCA2005 - H.C. Andersen (available in different languages)
HCA2005 - Short Biography
Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales and Stories
Hans Christian Andersen - Teacher Resource File

Related ATS-threads:
Al-Zarqawi Reqruiting Muslims in Denmark (hopefully not related to this event...)

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well its about 5 minutes to April second here in NY:shk: What will I do till then?:w:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Well its about 5 minutes to April second here in NY:shk: What will I do till then?:w:

Good idea. H.C. Andersen loved to drink too. Port wine and beer was his favorite beverage. He used it as "medicine" all the time...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hurray its his birthrday now Bring on the cake and strippers

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good guy with lots of stories!
The thing has started on TV, and it's... oh, this Metallica-guy is coming in here now... Lars Ulrich...

Of course Metallica reads tales...

Uhm, Hellmutt?
Regarding your Al-Zarqawi-link...
Some ugly ducklings NEVER grow up to become nice persons...

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Ulvetann]

top topics

join