It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my computer wont read disks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ok i just reformated it when i put a cd in to install a game nothing comes up i go to add and remove programs= nothing i go to the d drive its self=nothing
HELP plz

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436
ok i just reformated it when i put a cd in to install a game nothing comes up i go to add and remove programs= nothing i go to the d drive its self=nothing
HELP plz

Did you use your CD player to install windows?

First off check to see if you have drivers installed for your CD drive.

Go to Control panel, then System properties.

From there click Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.

Now you should see your Device tree and your CD player should be fourth on the list click the + your driver should be here right or double click to open
you should be in its properties see what the Device status reports?

From here you can use the troubleshoot tab / or click the Driver tab and update the driver.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ok now it wont read game disks i can use disks to install my new video card(the thing that messed up my computer: see 4 bit display topic) but not game disks. i can use music disks but not games !!!!!!!!!!
tried that thing man didnt work

[edit on 11-4-2005 by hitman132436]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
try slowing down your drives read speed, theres some programs out there that can do it free. nero has that option too

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ok and where i find nero?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If you have Nero installed it just might be the problem. Specifically, In CD which is a part of Nero can cause your drives not to function. Uninstall In CD and see if this helps. If not, you may have to go to Neros web site and download a free removal tool that will completely remove any instances of InCd. I have had this problem on several PC's! I hope this helps with your problem as this is an easy fix. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Never had that problem and I have Nero.... Also, you sure this a PC? I never heard of this happening to a pc, just Macs. Hell, I finally threw(yes threw, literally) my Mac G3 cause all it did was mess up. My Dell PC for a third of the cost of a newer but slower Mac has never had problems.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ok i just reformated it

If you have a driver disk, see if you can install that.
If not, try to go online and find a driver program for your cd drive.

When you reformatted, the system probably just loaded a generic driver for your drive, but it may need all the bells and whistles from the ACTUAL driver program to perform for high end games, etc.

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join