It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My photo of a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well to the topic at,I don't know what your picture is.I also do not think its a glider.

If you feel the need to go to the administrater go ahead.I have read a lot of your posts,and on everyone of them if someone does not agree with you, you respond with insults.

posted on Sep, 2 2002 @ 05:40 PM
link   
From what I can tell, the object in the picture is what the picture was taken for. I do not believe that this was a random picture of nothing but the top of a hillside with the sky being the focal point, and this just happened to show up. Thats B.S. You were watching the thing the whole time and know exactly what it is. P.S. Im not against Tyler or any other board member but in this case nyeff makes a valid point.

[Edited on 2-9-2002 by Garatron]

posted on Sep, 2 2002 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How far would you estimate this object to be Tyler? It might give us a good idea of the size of it, did it look to be the size of a person at that distance or maybe a small car? Not just from the perspective of the picture, but you were there, how far did it look, would you think?

I think the gradient of dark color from the bottom of the object to the top displays some movement.

btw: how was your trip? get any, you know?

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I tend to agree with that statement, but I still dont think its a glider or a 'flying rock'

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 03:18 AM
link   
given the distance the object appears to be from the lense, if its a handglider, the guy flying it is aproximately 21 feet tall and 7 feet wide.

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is how it happened.
First I honestly do not know what the object is and neither I have seen it until I checked the photos when I got home.
I set the camera on a few coconuts and started walking straight towards that object except for i didn't see anything there! I'm being totally honest here. I was facing that way and there was absolutely nothing! About 2 seconds before the camera was due to shoot i turned around. My guess is the object was moving. But not too fast, if it was moving like a plane it would never turn out quite as sharp.

ps. Lupe that's totaly true

Originally posted by cursedag
How far would you estimate this object to be Tyler?

btw: how was your trip? get any, you know?

Well mate, to answer your first questing my estimation is at the same distance as the top of the hill. Also if you zoom all the way up you can see a small white sphere around it!

To answer your second question ...
i had a truly amazing vacation
. Got everything i wanted and more
That's the advantages of actually travelling instead of "holiday making" and staying in one place all the time. I been there for 3 weeks and stayed in a different place each week.

[Edited on 3-9-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I noticed the white sphere around it- what do you suppose that is?

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think we need to take Tyler into some Hypnotic regression. He's not remembering everything. If you didn't see it, but it was there for the instances the picture was taken, it must have moved fast or been visible for a short, very short period of time. Did you consider that perhaps the object had it turned itself 40 degrees, the sun or lack of reflection could obscured it from your position? There are numerous possibilities to consider, I have a feeling, we will never find out what it actually was.

On another note, I'll be going back to school tomorrow, I hope I can continue to read and respond to all this good stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think it's a UFO. It unidentified, it's airborne in the picture, and it is definitely an object.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cursedag
I have a feeling, we will never find out what it actually was.

Same here Cursedag. Oh and on the last note i don't think i was walking towards it, i was actually running. The camera has a 10 - 15 seconds timer and in that time i covered aprox. 20 - 30 meters. So i might have missed it. In any case, thanks for input everyone

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 04:00 PM
link   
After looking at your pic I�ve come to the conclusion that its most likely an average sized bird, no doubt you were walking along, saw a pretty bird flapping about and took a snap (its near-enough smack bang in the middle of the pic!) forgetting you had no zoom lens so when the pic is developed only a small speck is seen. The auto focus of your camera is set to a near focus, not far as you suggest (the nearby plants on the bottom right of the pic are almost in perfect focus and are very prominent, whilst the distant trees are very blurry in comparison) no doubt you�ve forgotten all about the taking the pic! So going by that the object is not actually that far away and you have to admit it does resemble a bird! (either that or some-ones chucked a dud grenade at you) No doubt you�ll be completely disagree with my opinion, but after all, its just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You say its in the middle of the pic energy, well, if you had been reading, you would have heard him say that he cropped the photo.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 04:39 PM
link   
oops, well i missed that bit, dont explain the rest though! well if thats the cropped version i'd hate to see the full picture! christ

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok, It is not a hang glider!!!!!

It is an Ultralight . A glider shaped wing with a small seat and engine attached.

Tyler, you honestly can't be that stupid as to think it was a ufo or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
mess with my wife , and ill poke you with my knife!

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 01:16 AM
link   
UFO=Unidentified Flying Object

Since we dont what it is- Unidentified
Flying - Well its definitely flying
Object- Self explanatory

Theres no need to be nasty

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can't say I've ever seen that kind of UFO where I live.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Why didn't you take a picture of the nudists?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
link doesnt work it says upgrade ur account

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
HI,

I would say that object looks like a predatory bird (like a kestrel or kite)
hovering facing you.

That's what they look like, with the wings at the top and the body in vertical position.

the straightness of the body is due to the low pixelation of the photo.

case closed

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join