It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My photo of a UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In the middle of June i spend a whole day on the Playa El Rincon beach in Dominican Republic. (Not that its related to the topic but that beach is in top ten in the world
)

Anyway when i looked at the picks i made that day, on one of them i found this:

The site doesnt allow hotlinking so click here to see it
7s.2itb.com...
If that crapy site shows you error try right clicking and save as.

That is just a small cropped section of the photo, it had a resolution of 2048x1536. I took it with my soni digital camera.

My limited image editing skills allowed me to produce the following enhancement.

7s.2itb.com...

Now lets rule out various explanation.

1. This is not a bird because it has a certain geometric structure (its strictly vertical)
  2. It can not be a mosquito because the camera was focused on the distance
  3. And certainly it can not be a rock

So what do you all think about it?

[Edited on 30-8-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 04:32 PM
link   
maybe some drunkard throwed a bottle of vodka in the air,
or maybe its just some kind of weatherbaloon

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ohh yeah i forgot to clarify the most important detail

The beach runs 6 kilometres of white sand. Its entirely isolated, and i mean entirely. Dominican republic is a developing country. The one and only access to that beach is a 30 minute ride by a speed boat from a near by fishing village. (i payed the guy 20 bucks for it)

The view on the pic is the opposite of the beach, the beach runs to the left in like a lagoon and then stops and you can see tropical forest all the way from there.

That day it was only me, a group of nudists and not another single person in the radius of 30 miles.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Tyler, it looks like a hang glider to me

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Ohh come on now Ycon.

Even if the UFO looked like a glider, it does not, where would it come from? I said the territory around that beach is virtually uninhabited.

Therefore it can not be a hang glider:

1.A hang glider needs to be flown from a mountain, there are no roads, its not your average seatle region where you can glide around Mt.rainier. There were practicly no people around you understand, no people

2. If it was a glider, i'm sure i would have seen it. When i first looked at the photo my first impression was that something coming up from behind the hill (or comes down). because 10 seconds before and after that photo was taken i was looking in that direction and i would have noticed it. There was nothing.

3. No gliders fly above water.

[Edited on 30-8-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This flying object have a weird shape. If you can get any better enhanced image let us know.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It was a flying cigar!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I agree with Ycon, I think it is a glider. Zoom in and enhance the image, and you can basically see the shape of the guy. It looks identical to heaps of other gliders.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 09:08 PM
link   
yeh same i think its a glider too

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I suspect you know what it is.I've read your other post's, and I know you think the people that come are dope smoking kiddies.

I'm thinking your trying to set people up.

It's a little funny that you have been makin fun of people here,then outta the blue you post a picture of a UFO.

Sorry bud it seems a little odd.

[Edited on 01-08-2002 by nyeff]

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 05:33 AM
link   
All of you who said its a glider. Please care to rationally explain my all 3 points, those are:

1.A hang glider needs to be flown from a mountain, there are no roads around, the mountain is untapped forest. The question who would do such thing and how would they get it up? I spent just 5 hours on the bus traveling to that village where i stayed for a bout a week + boat. Its virtually tourist free.

2. Usually gliders fly over a treessless hills and open fields because it gives them the thermals to soar and stay aloft. Ask any pilot and they will say that gliders never fly over woodland and water because it absorbs light and results in downdrafts.
ps. the pic is somewhat uninformitive, i couldn't post the whole photo because its 1 mb. But the thing is that hill on the pic is just a small strip of land, its in a shape of a finger, and its very steep too.

3. 10 seconds before and after that photo was taken i was looking in that direction and i would have noticed it. There was nothing. (i was facing the camera and i still can not believe it sneaked behind my back)
I always notice if ther are any birds in the skys. Gliders, its like a huge bird. I spent 5 hours on that beach. I've seen gliders fly many times before but they don't just appear for few seconds and then dissapier.

[Edited on 31-8-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 05:36 AM
link   
nyeff you little #face, what do you mean i post a UFO pic out of the blue? I came back from a holiday and i got it on one of my shots, so whats wrong if i post it here?

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 05:42 AM
link   
what was the name of his place you went to?

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I mention the name in my first post.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Military drone may be ?

[Edited on 31-8-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry! Must have skipped over that part...

Having seen a UFO myself (years ago) Im inclined to believe you.

I have got one question though

3.And certainly can not be a rock

Why did u put this is?? Are flying/airborne rocks usually mistaken for UFOs?

(And I ask this with no sarcasm whatsoever)

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ohh you would have to speak with our naughty skeptic Byrd. It was him who came up with the "flying rocks" explanation in one of the UFO cases on the old board.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Tyler what do you think is in the picture?

Do you believe it is a UFO that happens to look identical to a glider with a man in?

[Edited on 31-8-2002 by Liquid]

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't care if you post it here.

Up until you posted that picture all did was come here and put people down.I just think you posted it here to prove a point.Nobody can tell for sure what is.
Rember it you who think most of the things here are
for dope smoking kiddies.

I love how you resort to name calling every time someone questons you,your a classy guy.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquid
Tyler what do you think is in the picture?

Do you believe it is a UFO that happens to look identical to a glider with a man in?

It doesn't look identicle to me + where is your explanation on my 3 points which clearly state it can't be a glider.

And if Ycon wouldn't suggest a Glider you or anyone else would say it looks like a flying santa clause. And the next thing you'd ask
Do you believe it is a UFO that happens to look identical to a flying santa clause?

Come on

If its a glider, prove it by explaning rationally my 3 statments and don't just take someone elses random guess.

In plain English, if you don't stop bitching i will report you to the administartor.

[Edited on 31-8-2002 by Tyler]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join