It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTS to explore the the solar system!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
NASA is going to enlist the help of ANTS in their exploration of the solar system, however these aren't your typical garden variety insect! ANTS or Autonomous Nanotechnology Swarm, are a nanotechnological robot that will be used to investigate asteroids and other planetary bodies... over the course of a few years. The technology offers the possibility for rapid dissemination of information regarding our system!

ANTS

Watch the video on it! Very interesting!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah it's a cool concept, too bad the one that exists right now needs a lil shove now and again heh. Cannot wait to see some better models in the future

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sigma!

Were you watching Nasa TV last night?

I was going to post on this also...Very interesting how these swarms can take the shape of "whatever"..The first video, with the large ungainly model made me think...How STUPID is this?...
Then, with the robots linked together crawling around on rocks, and climbing....not so stupid...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah the prototype is pretty ugly, however it does show that the concept works and that is the most important thing! If they can work out the bugs this will be an excellent way of exploring the solar system and beyond, without spending many many years investigating them with large scale ships.

It was on Nasa TV last night? I missed it... I primarily found this off of physorg.com and some of the nanotechnology websites. I was surprised no one posted on it... so I made a topic.

The technology is fantastic and reminds me of the Borg... or some kind of advanced alien species.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yes, It was on "video file"
Which is played a few times per day..
Check it out, it may be on again this evening..

new topics

top topics

join