It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black/Hispanic/Asian/White

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey, I was wondering, how come blacks call each other 'n-word's? I mean, you don't see two hispanics going "Hey Spic, whats up? Nothing Wetback."
You don't hear two asian guys saying "Chink, get over here. Be right there gook."
Or hear two arabs saying "Hey Sand 'n-word', whats on tv? Nothing good Diaper Head."
Or two white guys talking "Hey Great Satan, wanna go out and eat? Naw Cracker Whitey, I am busy tonight."

But blacks? "Yo 'n-word', got any white? No 'n-word', my ho ain't got any more coke on her."(intro to a song, friend of mine is white and wants to be black so he listens to rap)

How come blacks are the only ones to call each other degrading names? I have never seen/heard two hispanics call each wetbacks or spics, nothing like that from any race but blacks. Why????

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Actually WE hispanics call each other degrating names all the time, but it's in spanish so most people wouldn't catch it. The reason for that (at least i think) is black/hispanic aren't as formal and we use a whole hell of alot more slang than most other cultures. I'm assuming your white , call your buddy a cracker if you want , He should (if he's not offended) start laughing . That way you can get in on this action too

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Man you be trippin yo! lol
Anyways I live in a house with 5 dudes (we're all straight)
1 Mexican, 1 Flip, 1 Muslim (he's white but he goes by muslim) and 2 white boys (that'd be me)....we are always calling each other degrading names that deal with race, color and everything else that we can think of to try to get a laugh......It's fun. try it!

So I would not go as far as saying that only the brothas do the name calling....cause i do it!!

I dont care who you are...race is always a funny issue that garauntees a laugh no matter who it's from and who it's to

Later

Risky_B

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Shut up you dam cracka

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
not all blacks call each other degrading names, just the stupid ungrateful ones who seem to have forgotten how hard their ancestors worked to rid themselves of those names. They need to go to hell and die.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am of a race that gets stereotyped all the time! And it irritates me to no end!

It is a subset of "White"

But we are not whites, we are Bohemians.

Think of all the things you have read where people say: "they are living a very Bohemian lifestyle". They are different and artistic and do their own thing, they are very Bohemian. The 'Village' section of NY is very Bohemian.

Jesus F*cking Christ I am so sick of this!!!!!!!!! Bohemia was a country, now gone (parts are Czech republic, parts are Germany), STOP with the damned stereotypes! And this is acceptable? In print???? Do you hear anyone saying: "Well, I moved to the East Village and I'm living an Oriental lifestyle"?
A "Black" lifestyle? NO. You don't hear that.

But people keep using "Bohemian" as a descriptive term. If you're not a Bohemian by race, then don't f*cking use the term, K? This really, really pisses me off!

And no we don't rap each other face to face: we get enough crap from the outside!

Some Bohemian stereotypes:
Cheap
Weird
Drunks
Hard workers (men go after Bohemian women because they
think they will work)
Superstitious-
Gypsies

Artistic
Good looking
Stuck up

I hate stereotypes in all forms, and I think we people of all races and colors should get together!

Peace!
Niki

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
One of the reasons I think that Africans call them selves degrading names especially the younger youth its because it was bread into them to hate them selves sought of like mental slavery.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
One of the reasons I think that Africans call them selves degrading names especially the younger youth its because it was bread into them to hate them selves sought of like mental slavery.

Africans? Have you ever met an African?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
JTL - There's a very logical answer to your question in this book:
Nigger : The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word ~ by Randall Kennedy

To summarize my own thoughts, I would have to say that it's not only black people calling other black people "'n-word'" as an insult....

I have many white friends who will jokingly call each other "'n-word'" but it's not used as some racial slur....It's become the replacement for the word "dude" in some places....

Of course, The day I see a white guy jokingly call a black guy 'n-word' without there being a fight, of course unless there's a history of mutual understanding between them to support that, is the day pigs fly....

I think of all the words in our language, the one which transcends the barrier of merely being a word the most, is definitely this one....Few other words used unto itself can stir up such emotion, history and pain...but also companionship and strength.....Which is so odd....

It's about so much more than just two black people calling themselves that and pissing us "crackas" off.....It's a cultural identifier that, for lack of a better phrase, separates people's opinions on the matter into black & white.....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeipeg

Yes I have. Have you? I am actually married to a African woman.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Jesus F*cking Christ I am so sick of this!!!!!!!!! Bohemia was a country, now gone (parts are Czech republic, parts are Germany), STOP with the damned stereotypes! And this is acceptable? In print???? Do you hear anyone saying: "Well, I moved to the East Village and I'm living an Oriental lifestyle"?

Woah! Chillout.... Stereo types will go on forever, whether it is about the different races and stupid names to give each one or what you are called due to the job you work at. Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hmm, that's strange..all the Africans i've meet never call each other the same degrading names as black to in the U.S. ( My father's from Ghana).

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That's krunk and all, but Africans and black Americans are two different groups of people. So, as a spouse of an African, it's an even greater stretch for you to assume that we blacks who use the word are ignorant and stupid.

Fine, you have that right, but I also have the right to feel the same way about you. I am a somewhat intelligent black who uses the term nigga quite often. So what, who the fock cares? Did it occur to you that everyday use of the word by peeps like me takes the power out of the -er version?

Besides, a number of Africans don't even like us black Americans. And, Africans were treated fairly here, even in those times which you assume I take for granted. It's why Malcolm X used his Muslim name when he rented rooms; they didn't hassle him because they thought he was African.

Is Dave Chappelle ignorant? I dunno, but I know he's funny as hell!

Don't look into this too much, it's 2005, damn it! Have a laugh, have a good time. Even Seinfeld joked about Jews from time to time, but I guess that was bad too, looking at Jewish history. You gotta lighten up, man!

If you don't, you'll see me on your block sprayin, like this...

Damn, that's a krunk smiley!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
Some Bohemian stereotypes:
Cheap
Weird
Drunks
Hard workers (men go after Bohemian women because they
think they will work)
Superstitious-
Gypsies

Artistic
Good looking
Stuck up

I hate stereotypes in all forms, and I think we people of all races and colors should get together!

Peace!
Niki

Don't worry mate nobody's assuming you're good looking.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
...could also be in an effort to emasculate the word itself...in a similar way as the Gay Community have *to some extent* embraced and thus changed the word 'queer'.

If you take the word and make it part of your own culture, put your own 'spin/interpretation' on it, then it can serve to remove it from the realm of 'derogatory insult' instead turning it into a reasonable harmless every day term.

Takes the 'wind out of the sails' so to speak.

I know that in my country, my friends who are of the same culture *NZ Maori* have no problems calling eachother 'Hori', or our Pacific Islander friends 'Fobs' or 'Coconuts'...we also have no problems with our European friends calling us these names either...as we call them 'honkeys' or 'keha' or 'palagi'.

The *viciousness* or *insult* is not so much found in the word itself...but in the heart of the person who uses it. There is no insult or attack meant when we use these words with eachother...so none is taken.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's krunk and all, but Africans and black Americans are two different groups of people.

That is just dumb. Im sorry but if you think that African Americans are not
Africans then you are seriously F up in the head. Even if most African Americans are mixed with Native American or Europian most of them are African because there dominant gene is AFRICAN so there for they are African. Black is not a race and you need to get that out of your head.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"Hey Great Satan, wanna go out and eat? Naw Cracker Whitey, I am busy tonight."

that was great

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What you talking about nogger?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's krunk and all, but Africans and black Americans are two different groups of people.

That is just dumb. Im sorry but if you think that African Americans are not
Africans then you are seriously F up in the head. Even if most African Americans are mixed with Native American or Europian most of them are African because there dominant gene is AFRICAN so there for they are African. Black is not a race and you need to get that out of your head.

Sorry man, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If you're born in America, you're American. That goes for anyone here. A person's heritage may be a million different things, but it doesn't automatically make them part of the old culture. If I was I have German heritage and I was born in South Africa, that would make me South African - not German. Just because I don't have African heritage does not make me any less of a South African.

Genetics are thrown around too often as a crutch. "African Americans" are just Americans. The "African" part is a BS term because you don't see "White Americans" thrown around too often, it's always the case with other "cultures" though: "Hispanic American," "Asian American," etc. America is supposed to be a melting pot, everyone who is born here is of the American culture, there is no need for name separations thank you.

And thanks to the media and the government, a lot of people don't understand that African's are not a race either, nor the so-called whites, Asians, Europeans, etc. Africans are people who are from the continent of Africa. Asians are people who are from the continent of Asia. North Americans are people who are from the continent of North America. And all of these people from these continents come from cultures that make up the countries of the continents. And there are no pure "races" among them. Every one is mixed.

Categorically, there are only three races in the world and they make up every single culture that exists in the world, they are as follows: Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid. So why don't they lists these as the races to select from on a job application, or anything else that requires it? Because they don't want to know that they really are that similar - that they really do stem from just a few things. And the fact that everyone is such a mixture of everything that the powers-that-be basically had to make it so everyone thinks that their skin-tone and their's or their parent's country/area of origin determines their race. The fact is, none of that has anything to do with it. When they asks you for your "race" on those things, what they are really asking you is this: what cultural area do you come from?

What determines your race is basically one relatively simple thing: your physical structure - especially the facial structure. There are a few other minor things, but that's basically it. Negroids, Caucasoids, and Mongoloids come in every skin-tone you can think of: "white," black," "brown," "red," etc. Most people would generally categorize eastern Indians as being, well, of the Indian race. But the fact is, they are made up of all three of the races; however, a good portion of them can be placed more towards the Caucasoid race - what people would generally think of as the "white" race. Yeah, hard to believe, isn't it? Well, not really, not if you look at their physical structure. If you were to lighten up their skin-tone more towards a "white" tone, you would get, what's that? A "white" person - you would no longer think of them as being Indian. The same goes for the typical "white" person, darken them a bit, and hell, they could be Indian. Well geeze, Colin Powell is awfully white for someone of the "black" race, or "African" race. That's because those aren't races (nor is his skin-tone determine what race he is), his physical structure is leaning more towards the Negroid race - which would still make him part of what most people categorize as the "black" race.

You know what, I'm tired of this lame argument because people would not pick up an Anthropology book if someone held a gun to their head. If anyone is really interested in learning about what really categorizes people as a "race," go take an Anthropology class, or go to the library. And when it all comes down to it, we really are just one race, it's called the "Human Race" - we're just made up of many different cultures who have developed different ways of doing things (AKA: customs). Skin-tone is just representative of the areas we come from - more sun, less sun, dry air, humid air, etc.

Blah, go do research peeps, this stuff is actually quite interesting.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
LMFAO!!!.......you know what i love about this planet?...its getting smaller...people are actually starting (i believe) to make an effort to really understand other peoples cultures and ways of life.
All this racial name calling will never die out but i do believe its starting to become very un acceptable in most educated communitys...you dont have to have a lot of compassion or common sense to realise that only children with yet to advance knowledge and brains name call.

My favourite example is the british.....theres still a total lack of understanding amongst brits that although yes once we did have a great empire that spanned the globe, that we did actually spend hundreads of years treating the world like a personal toilet.....and still the brits are super quick to refer back to hitler,stalin and mussolini for example to express their disgust at the way these evil people tried to rule their empires??.....geez.....take a read of how we acted in India and Africa.

my point is that it can be totally harmless amongst close friends to use derogatory names for a laugh but it isnt really the smart approach....if we all showed a bit more brains we could start down the path to racial harmony tomorrow.

black people calling each other ive always thought was a good way to express agression to appeal mainly to young black people buying gangster rap records...more of a 'street slang' than an actual out and out urge to be reminded of the dark roots of slavery and oppresion?

for example i havent heard any older black people saying things like

"yo 'n-word'...im gonna get my nine and pop a cap in yo ass...fool"

well.....anyway....what i mean is the original opening post is basically isolated into small groups.

now lets all have a look at the pic below and feel some warm gooey love feelings.

peace out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join