It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people mourning the Pope?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman
Lady of the lake - don't drown in anger
this is still a conspiracy site and you will see different views of others.
Back to the topic - I only wonder why the flock is praying for him?
As the mediator between humans and "the lord" would he not have a soul-right to be with his father? Or are the catholics not sure if he makes it to "heaven" and he need to pray for his support? Any suggestions?

Interesting point. Seems logical. Honestly, I feel the pope has lost his chance to redeem himself. They're praying, for what reason I don't know, but I would assume it's because they feel this deep emotional connection with him. That's something I can never understand. Sorry guys, but I just get a very very bad vibe from the pope and his "teachings".

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel
He had the Holy Spirit; he had a Message from God.
I believe he was a real spiritual leader, who lead people to Christ.

You never find satanic intentions in his writings.

He is a man full of hypocrisy and contradictions. You want good writing? Try the bible! Much more uplifting and certainly a more credible source of inspiration and morality.

Yet another page. Funny how so many come to same conclusion. Says something doesn't it? Think about it.
www.africanaquatics.co.za...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Jesus says that 'none can come to the father execpt through him', the pope says 'none can come to the father except throught the catholic church'

This alone should wake up those who defend the pope so ferociously. This alone should burn a question in your hearts, "Maybe I should rethink this".

Clearly, he is a man who has twisted words for his own personal agenda.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Truly and honestly, could you tell me why, in a thread named "why are people mourning the pope" you feel the need share your personal studidity and lack of respect with us like that?
I really wonder what the hell is wrong with people like you...

Do you just enjoy distorting a thread, does it entertain you to piss as many poeple off as you can?
It's people like you that make ATS worse than it could be. It's people like you that should be banned no questions asked.

If I would be allowed to tell you the truth I would tell you you're an idiot, but unfortunately telling trolls the truth is not appreciated by some mods.

Read it and weep. Wait, don't weep, rejoice in this knowledge. Be free from this primitive state of mind that so many have fallen to. A sinister side is staring right at you and unfortunately many will turn their back on it.

www.acts2.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As for me, I need something that fits my definition of truth, freedom, and love. I need to progress and evolve my conscious to something less primitive.

I pray for your progress and evolution. I extend compassion for the state you are currently in.
May you release all that seems to be pent up inside (in a more positive fashion).

[edit on 2-4-2005 by T Mystic]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

I try to be as soft as possible, but when you have a religious leader proclaiming himself as the "The Holy Father", then I have to address the issue in a darker light.

Your failing miserably at it! Just why do you "have to address the issue in a darker light." WTH is your problem!? So your not Catholic...you can't prove your religion any more "right" than anyone else can prove theirs....your finger tips are not god.....prove their wrong and your right...I want to see proof...and that doesn't mean you start spitting out bible quotes...that is not proof.....and sice your new...I am not a christian...I'm Wiccan...but I am also fair!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Catholics are mourning the Pope, just like Protestanst would mourn Jerry Falweel or billy Graham... Just like Satanists mourned Crowly when he kicked his boots, just like your family will mourn you the day you die ...To many people the Pope is very important...............but behond that he is still a human beeing that passed, so a litle respect would be nice,... Just lke you would like to be respected fater you passed away......

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Your failing miserably at it! Just why do you "have to address the issue in a darker light." WTH is your problem!? So your not Catholic...you can't prove your religion any more "right" than anyone else can prove theirs....your finger tips are not god.....prove their wrong and your right...I want to see proof...and that doesn't mean you start spitting out bible quotes...that is not proof.....and sice your new...I am not a christian...I'm Wiccan...but I am also fair!

I've got no problem. It was taken out of context. What I meant by addressing the issue in a darker light, what I did not want to do is sugarcoat the reality and gravity of the issue at hand. Take note: I am fair as well.

I have not become affiliated with any religion for close to a year now. My childhood somewhat crippled caused by christian doctrines. I have become a keen observer of all of kinds of faiths and do not ever put down those who are a member of it. In fact, I enourage those who have become spiritually lost, confused, or have emotional difficulties to join a church or speak with a pastor who can provide comfort. A religion in itself is a good tool to hold together powerful minds and gain spiritual awareness. But once organized religion enters the picture, many will follow blindly into a distorted belief system. I guess I would call this a way to feel "your part of something", an illusion for self-discovery. I personally think that there is much more to life than being fixated on any kind of belief and certainly more to life in learning about the universe, consciousness, and our chances of achieving infinity with each other. Not being imprisoned by what society has layed out for us. I say, be open-minded, do not follow, gather all information, and reach your own decision. I have noticed in our society a primitive way of life, a static robotic sense of what life is all about. School, 9-5 job, have kids. End. Repeated by the vast majority without exploring further their consciousness, beauty of nature, and the knowledge of the universe. What do I believe in? Well, I'm leaning towards a very controversial theory. In terms of how humanity came to existance, who is god, and what are mind is capable of. But I will say this, no experience or force is more powerful than love.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Put aside the issue he was sent by 'God.'
This man grew up under Stalin, Hitler a dictatorship and communism. He lost his brother at 12, and his mother and father early in life and basically had no family. But, he never forgot what his mother told him, "Do unto others as you would want them to do to you." He studied acting in nazi time, and studied to become a priest also.
He is being mourned because he was a man who had morals, courage to stand up for what he believed in, had great compassion for everyone, no matter what race religion or creed they were he reached out to everyone with love and kindness . Many went to him to ask for prayers, and he did so and asked nothing in return, he did what he knew best, and that was to serve a higher power.
He had the courage to be humble and to forgive. He went to visit the man who tried to kill him, forgave him, and kissed this man who almost ended his life, that's the kind of man he was..compassionate and caring.
He loved every religion and welcomed them all, knowing they all served the same purpose, to serve a power higher than they were themselves.
He never complained about his suffering, when he had cancer, gun wound, parkinson's and showed he was human by allowing photos to be taken of him in his hospital bed after he had been shot, saying he suffers like anyone else.
He gave people hope, and strength, and showed he loved people of all ages, and bridged the gap of age, for even small children loved him and called him"papa".
So to answer your question, he was loved by the entire world, and stretched his hand out to all peoples, and never thought or acted as if he were above anyone for he knew he was human like all of us and you could sense his spirit, and love, and the world mourns all of this that is now gone.
They have lost a man they have looked up to and respected for years, and are grief stricken just like you would be if you lost a loved one.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Bravo eudaimonia...finally some un-biased wisdom on these pages.

The Pope was a man of Privalage and poor people die everday.

The Pope reinforced the idea that Contrception is wrong with the world in the grip of the AIDS crisis and teenage pregancy....A stupid thing to do.

He travelled the world so people could pay homage to him and rode around in a bullet proof buggy....Charity workers are killed every week on the front lines trying to put food in the mouth of abandoned children.

What did the Pope do.....?....He played the role of Pope and he lived to a ripe old age....death is only Tradgedy if you die before you time...otherwise it's nothing more then a fact of life.

Pray and shed Tears for people who need it...not a dead guy who could have done so much more for the world if he had chosen too.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Bravo eudaimonia...finally some un-biased wisdom on these pages.

=====================================================
The Pope was a man of Privalage and poor people die everday.

The Pope came from humble means, under Nazi and communism! He overcame his poverty by studying to become an actor and a priest.

The Pope reinforced the idea that Contrception is wrong with the world in the grip of the AIDS crisis and teenage pregancy....A stupid thing to do.

Okay, In thinking you are not a catholic, we believe contraception is a sin, not all catholics do, but some do and they believe when God wants them to conceive a child he will ordain the child to them. The pope is not a stupid thing..he had morals according to the church and its laws!!!!

He travelled the world so people could pay homage to him and rode around in a bullet proof buggy....Charity workers are killed every week on the front lines trying to put food in the mouth of abandoned children.

You forget he rode in a bullet proof car because someone tried to kill him, before he had one, and he always travelled openly before that incident. Please get your facts straight.
The pope was full of love for the poor and alwys put them first....do your homework.please before you judge a man who is no longer here to defend himself from your vile words.

What did the Pope do.....?....He played the role of Pope and he lived to a ripe old age....death is only Tradgedy if you die before you time...otherwise it's nothing more then a fact of life.

True, death comes to everyone, but not everyone is the pope and did th works he did for people.

Pray and shed Tears for people who need it...not a dead guy who could have done so much more for the world if he had chosen too.

++++++==============================================
You are a disgrace to the human world who have morals , he has done more than you have ever done ..tell u oh wise one what have you done to help people................let us know.since you judge so harshly.

May god have mercy on you for your words.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I do plenty to assist people angeleyes...but thats besides the point.

Anything that remotely puts the Pope in a bad light you're not going to agree so I'm not going to argue with you...and if you think that Contraception is a bad idea then you belong with your Pope....in the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thank you to those who can search for the truth no matter how unpleasant it might be.

Being catholic, or religious has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACTS SURROUNDING THIS ISSUE

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Offspring of project paperclip assasinated John Paul I in 1978 to ensure the papacy to Karol Wojtyla.FACT!

www.copi.com...

Karol Wojtyla Worked for IG farben. Even in all official biographys of the pope no explanation is given for his whereabouts during WWII. FACT

www.acts2.com...

The VATICAN HAS ADMITTED TO AIDING AND ABEDDING THE NAZIS: FACT

www.acts2.com...

People I know my comments seem harsh but PLEASE research the information that is available..........This man and the "orginization" he represents deserves, and gets no praise from me.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
From a pessimists point of view, peace does not exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
Thank you to those who can search for the truth no matter how unpleasant it might be.

Being catholic, or religious has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACTS SURROUNDING THIS ISSUE

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Offspring of project paperclip assasinated John Paul I in 1978 to ensure the papacy to Karol Wojtyla.FACT!

www.copi.com...

Karol Wojtyla Worked for IG farben. Even in all official biographys of the pope no explanation is given for his whereabouts during WWII. FACT

www.acts2.com...

The VATICAN HAS ADMITTED TO AIDING AND ABEDDING THE NAZIS: FACT

www.acts2.com...

People I know my comments seem harsh but PLEASE research the information that is available..........This man and the "orginization" he represents deserves, and gets no praise from me.

Wow, 1wintermute1. This is explosive proof indeed! Thank you very much for posting these. Every catholic and non-catholic should take notice! It's time to wake up!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeleyes101
Put aside the issue he was sent by 'God.'
This man grew up under Stalin, Hitler a dictatorship and communism. He lost his brother at 12, and his mother and father early in life and basically had no family. But, he never forgot what his mother told him, "Do unto others as you would want them to do to you." He studied acting in nazi time, and studied to become a priest also.
He is being mourned because he was a man who had morals, courage to stand up for what he believed in, had great compassion for everyone, no matter what race religion or creed they were he reached out to everyone with love and kindness . Many went to him to ask for prayers, and he did so and asked nothing in return, he did what he knew best, and that was to serve a higher power.
He had the courage to be humble and to forgive. He went to visit the man who tried to kill him, forgave him, and kissed this man who almost ended his life, that's the kind of man he was..compassionate and caring.
He loved every religion and welcomed them all, knowing they all served the same purpose, to serve a power higher than they were themselves.
He never complained about his suffering, when he had cancer, gun wound, parkinson's and showed he was human by allowing photos to be taken of him in his hospital bed after he had been shot, saying he suffers like anyone else.
He gave people hope, and strength, and showed he loved people of all ages, and bridged the gap of age, for even small children loved him and called him"papa".
So to answer your question, he was loved by the entire world, and stretched his hand out to all peoples, and never thought or acted as if he were above anyone for he knew he was human like all of us and you could sense his spirit, and love, and the world mourns all of this that is now gone.
They have lost a man they have looked up to and respected for years, and are grief stricken just like you would be if you lost a loved one.

Your comments are basically driven by emotion and lack of information. Read the facts 1wintermute1 has provided and come back to us.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wow, 1wintermute1. This is explosive proof indeed! Thank you very much for posting these. Every catholic and non-catholic should take notice! It's time to wake up!

Thank you Eudomania, it is you and a handful of others that have revived my faith in this site.

You are able to research, even if something might be unpleasant, that is an admirable quality, and one you should never loose.

Let's just see if we can get some more people to give it a try. We might just make a difference yet......

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Read it and weep. Wait, don't weep, rejoice in this knowledge. Be free from this primitive state of mind that so many have fallen to. A sinister side is staring right at you and unfortunately many will turn their back on it.

www.acts2.com...

Just so you know, I was not defending the pope with my flame, I was outing my anger after reading yet another "may blabla rot in hell" comment.
It's not about the opinion, it's about how the opinion is put to words, and in winters case it was done in a rude way.

That doesn't change anything about what may or may not have happened in the past that could make the pope look bad.
I will read it, interesting links!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
That doesn't change anything about what may or may not have happened in the past that could make the pope look bad.
I will read it, interesting links!

Exactly, and once you look them up and find what I said to be true, does that still oblige me to have respect for a man that has been responsible for the death of lilterally MILLIONS?

No it does not. Finding these things out about his past deeds, relinquishes me from any obligation of respect. Reguardless of others "beliefs".

Respect is not an obligation. It is a privelege that one earns through their works, or deeds.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I never said you should respect the pope, I said you should respect fellow ATSers that do respect the pope and that you piss off by using the extreme wording you used.

Just say what you really think, instead of trying to come up with the worst, just in case someone may not understand how much you despise this man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join