It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people mourning the Pope?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You can't take what he says out of context, come on. I can quote some seriously destructive bible quotes about god doing/allowing some very foul things.

But until you read it in context, you are completely not understanding.

What he said was in context of the Pope having ties to something very evil and satanic. You should probably address that first.

If hitler was on his deathbed, and someone said for him to rot in hell, what would you say then.

Would you take that out of context, what hitler is known for, and say leave him alone. He did good things for the Germans at one point.

Some people know things or say things in a certain context, where as you understand them in another. Instead of immediately hardening your heart, you should evaluate their perspective, then say if that's is honestly what they believe, is that fair.

And in his situation I would say yes. Now is it true, I can't find any proof it is or isn't. Perhaps you can.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
the popes final hours were years ago. Hes been basically dying for years hasnt he? I thought he would have dropped dead 3 years ago. I quote my dad when I say that "the pope must have a stick up his ass to keep him standing"

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps it is a sign that I've become old, but the cynicism and hatred exhibited towards the Pope, on this thread, is appalling. You don't have to be Catholic or Christian to mourn a man who has tried to do good for the world. Maybe you disagree with him. Fine. But, to say "may he rot in hell" etc. etc. is cruel.
I've noticed that many of the comments regarding the pope have to do with the fact that he is old and sick. Well, let me tell you this, one of these days (God willing) you, who are very young, will be old and sick yourself or your parents will be. Then, you will see that the worth of a human being is not measured by their youth or good looks or any of the superficiality of American society.
I believe that the Pope has used his illness to teach those of us who are willing to learn, how to cope with age and how to face death with dignity and honor. This is a powerful lesson.
I, for one, will mourn his passing.
joey

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
even if he was/used to be a nazi/help the nazi's (which i dought is even true) he now probibly wishes he never did it and feels terrible for ever doing it (even though i dought he did) cant you even feel sorry for someone who is sick?

[edit on 1-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
Perhaps it is a sign that I've become old, but the cynicism and hatred exhibited towards the Pope, on this thread, is appalling. You don't have to be Catholic or Christian to mourn a man who has tried to do good for the world. Maybe you disagree with him. Fine. But, to say "may he rot in hell" etc. etc. is cruel.
I've noticed that many of the comments regarding the pope have to do with the fact that he is old and sick. Well, let me tell you this, one of these days (God willing) you, who are very young, will be old and sick yourself or your parents will be. Then, you will see that the worth of a human being is not measured by their youth or good looks or any of the superficiality of American society.
I believe that the Pope has used his illness to teach those of us who are willing to learn, how to cope with age and how to face death with dignity and honor. This is a powerful lesson.
I, for one, will mourn his passing.
joey

This has nothing to do with age. He could've been in his 50's and I still would've pursued my question. The people who are defending the pope in this thread should start to do some research on his character and history, especially since this is a very "popular" religious figure, before pouring your heart and tears over his passing. I for one, do not trust so easily the teachings of any religious leader in this day and age, ESPECIALLY if they're catholic. And first of all, I don't need a pope to teach me how to cope with age and "how to face death with dignity", my family taught me that. How dare he present himself throughout the masses posing as some messenger from god when every word that fills his mouth is unclean and deceitful. No, I am not Jewish. I am a truthseeker. There is absolutely no powerful lesson to be learned from Pope John Paul I, II, and beyond. Zero.

Here's some cold hard facts, a Record of your beloved pope:

He's not a conservative, he's an extremist change-agent
    He permitted women in the sanctuary for the first time in Church history (as altar girls)
    He legalized communion-in-the-hand; a revolutionary innovation
    He has done little or nothing to stop homosexual predators who are priests
    He presided over a Mass in Papau, New Guinea with topless female lectors
    He praised the demonic traditions of the Voodoo witchdoctors of Benin and said they contain "the Seeds of the Word"
    He allowed the statue of Buddha to be placed on the tabernacle of Assisi
    His Jewish policy is completely unscriptural (I Thessalonians 2:14-16 )
    The Jewish leadership do not constitute the "People of the Covenant" since they revere the man-made traditions of the Babylonian Talmud above God's Old Testament, thereby nullifying the law of God (Mark 7)
    The Pope gives repeated mediagenic speeches about the Nazi "holocaust" while saying almost nothing about the Jewish-Communist holocaust against Christians
    During his March, 2000 "pilgrimage to the Holy Land," the Pope failed to call for an end to the brutal Zionist occupation of Palestine. This is tantamount to touring the Warsaw ghetto and failing to call for an end to the Nazi occupation of Poland
    The so-called "Jews" of today are not "our elder brothers in the Faith," for they despise Jesus Christ who is the fulfillment of the Covenant
    Neither are they Jews. Most of them are Khazars from eastern Europe having no genetic descent from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
    It is the Christians who are the Chosen People (I Peter 2:9), not Talmudic Rabbis
    By siding with the heirs of the Pharisees, John Paul II proves himself an anti-Christ
    The modern Roman Catholic Church is a covert branch of Judaism
    John Paul II is an agent of the Pharisees and a betrayer of the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Taken from : www.revisionisthistory.org...

A lot more where that came from...

www.cephasministry.com...

[edit on 2-4-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
even if he was/used to be a nazi/help the nazi's (which i dought is even true) he now probibly wishes he never did it and feels terrible for ever doing it (even though i dought he did) cant you even feel sorry for someone who is sick?

I don't think the pope is as innocent as you describe him there, finding fault and asking for forgiveness. That is complete BS.

And no, I won't. Not for the pope.

I suggest you go through the links I've posted above.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Best pope ever.

If you meant that as a joke, it worked beautifully.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
hmmm

The Pope has done a LOT to bring down communism in eastern europe. In fact, his role was big enough to have KGB hire an assassin to kill him. You don't do that unless you are really angry at someone for messing with your plans.

The Pope has done a lot to further peace between religions too, specialy during Balkan conflict. Croat56 mentioned it already in this thread.
I think that Pope saw the danger of conflicts involving religions, he tried to make peace between them, so when the inevitable time of conflict comes (like right now) people won't give in to hate that easily.
Muslims respect him a lot.
Yesterday I read in a newspaper article that Muslims all over Europe were praying for the Pope, calling him "a man of God".
A quote from CNN article:

Muslims in France were praying for the pontiff, leading French Muslim Dalil Boubakeur said, describing him as a "man of peace."

"For us Muslims, he is a man of God, a man who wanted to serve God by serving humanity," said Boubakeur, who is president of the French Council of the Muslim Faith.

The source: edition.cnn.com...

I guess he acomplished more then wars, bombs, anti-terror laws, incompetent politicians and presidents did.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
God Bless the Pope, I mourn him because he is the leader of my faith and his wisdom will be missed. He steered the Archdiocese thru some rough waters and made us proud to be Roman Catholic.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Regardless of your beliefs there is such a thing a dignity and respect and some here fall very short of the mark when it comes to dignity and respect. We are talking about an old man who is in his final hours on this earth. Your vile comments say a lot more about you as people than do about the Pope.

May he rest in peace - when his time comes. He has suffered much over the past few years. I think he has served his penance. I for one will shed a tear. For those of you who have sprouted venom and hate - will anyone cry for you when your time comes? I doubt it...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Another thing, why should I feel compelled to call a man "FATHER". Excuse me, how dare you to put yourself that high a position of authority. I won't call you father unless you can show me some kind of divine proof you were sent by god himself.

...well, I'm sure the Pope *or the next* will do just fine without recieveing any acknowledgement from you...as incredibly meaningful as I'm sure it is...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclipThe Pope has done a LOT to bring down communism in eastern europe.

Big whoop. I would hold off praising that achievement until we know the absolute truth why he made that great effort. Again, I don't trust the pope, period. Communism could've been brought down by someone else at another time for all we know. The pope probably saw an opportunity to make him "look good" and went for it.

The Pope has done a lot to further peace between religions too, specialy during Balkan conflict. Croat56 mentioned it already in this thread.
I think that Pope saw the danger of conflicts involving religions, he tried to make peace between them, so when the inevitable time of conflict comes (like right now) people won't give in to hate that easily.
Muslims respect him a lot..

If he wanted to do something more positive with Religion, I say he missed a great opportunity to eradicate it completely from the face of the earth.

Yesterday I read in a newspaper article that Muslims all over Europe were praying for the Pope, calling him "a man of God".

Sure. Man of God. It's called hypocrisy.

1. Dirty Money. 2. Gloryfying Idols & Gold. 3. Child Molestations.

www.remnantofgod.org...

A quote from CNN article

CNN should not be a source of knowledge.

I guess he acomplished more then wars, bombs, anti-terror laws, incompetent politicians and presidents did.

He surely has finally accomplished something positive. Laying on his deathbed.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I’m really surprised to see this level of immaturity coming form this thread. It’s sad…

Immaturity? It's complete idiocy. You can like or dislike the Pope, that's fine. But the total control ignorance, insanity, and lying has on this thread is mind-boggling.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Now thats just not acceptable...no matter how you cut it.

Have a Warn...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
God Bless the Pope, I mourn him because he is the leader of my faith and his wisdom will be missed. He steered the Archdiocese thru some rough waters and made us proud to be Roman Catholic.

The only enlighting thing about this response is a picture of one of the greatest movies ever made.

Other than that, you should be ashamed for being a replublican. In fact, anyone affliated with a political group should realize it's doing you and the world no good.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Now thats just not acceptable...no matter how you cut it.

Have a Warn...

Sorry, maybe I should've rephrased it to something lighter.

By the way, the "rot in hell" comment was not warned which was a lot worse :..(

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It's complete idiocy. You can like or dislike the Pope, that's fine. But the total control ignorance, insanity, and lying has on this thread is mind-boggling.

I need proof of your accusations.

It's not a matter of disliking or liking, it's a matter of revealing the truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If he wanted to do something more positive with Religion, I say he missed a great opportunity to eradicate it completely from the face of the earth.

What a truly repulsive comment to make but then again just making the comment shows your ignorance.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

...well, I'm sure the Pope *or the next* will do just fine without recieveing any acknowledgement from you...as incredibly meaningful as I'm sure it is...

It sure is.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

What a truly repulsive comment to make but then again just making the comment shows your ignorance.

The true awakening of mankind will occur when we realize that religion is no longer needed to sustain our existance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join