It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best song ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Heaven Beside You - Alice in Chains

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ulvetann - War is good for some things, when necessary: You know, like overthrowing people like Hitler, Hussein, etc. And it is quite effective if you need to eliminate a huge amount of people quickly..just kidding. Though it is definitely necessary in some venues and circumstances.

Anyways, that's coming from a soldier.

Best song ever? Another Brick in the Wall Pts. 1 and 2 by Pink Floyd

-wD

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
From the Son of A Devil Dog

"The Marine Corps Hymn"

OOHRAH! Semper Fi, Do or Die, Hold 'Em High at 8th and I

Sorry. Got a little Carried away...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like

The Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Before I Forget by Slipknot

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Man music has come so far from the days of beating on a bunch of dead turtle shells. I think music is one of the greatest things about living in the times we live, its so awsome. There are so many great songs it would be hard to say which one is the best. I remember as a child though hearing Bob Segers Down on Main Street. It put me on such a high that I would turn the radio off for a while after it played and just keep going over it in my head.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Copperhead Road by Steve Earl

My life in a song, even got the county right

It wouldnt mean anything to most people but it is erie to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's ALWAYs impossible for me to pick a very best song, as it's a changing thing. Moods, intoxication and circumstances all have an affect on what I think sounds good.

But for a general 3, at the moment, I'd say:

Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (or A Day in the Life, or many other Beatles songs from that era)

Smashing Pumpkins - The Aeoplane Flies High. Absolute classic track that most people haven't heard, any pumpkings fans, download it.

Pink Floyd - Loads of classics, but my current favourite 3 are Marooned, Hey You and Money.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Best country/fishing song ou there is "I'm Gonna Miss Her" by West Virginia's own Brad Paisley. BTW, that song "Alcohol" he does isn't to be either!:w:
How could I forget that "Man Of Constant Sorrow" by The Soggy Bottom Boys is one of the best soundtrack songs ever? Can't forget "Dueling Bonjos" by Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell either!

[edit on 8/14/2005 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Personally for me,it has to be "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics.

[edit on 08/09/2005 by britcitusa]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A few choices for me, I would never pick just one.

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix

Why? - He made the electric guitar sing, and played things people deemed impossible. He made me get into guitar, and influenced my playing greatly.

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Why? - Its recognizable by nearly everyone, its played in a different style than most songs (I forget the term for the opening notes). It has one of the best guitar solos of all time.

A Day in the Life - The Beatles

Why? Why not?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I should also note that any song by Johnny Cash is the best song ever lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I fell in to a burnin' ring of fire. I went down, down, down, and flames went higher. An it burn, burns, burns, the ring of fire, the ring of fire.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"A Boy Named Sue" - Johnny Cash

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I'll have to go with Stairway To Heaven as well.

Not the sorta wimpy first version though, but the live version from the soundtrack of the movie, The Song Remains The Same.

How can you call any song by Zeppelin wimpy, that is by far the best song ever made, no matter how it's played, along as it's played by Led Zeppelin. Plus The Song Remains the Same is the best live album ever made.

My second choice would have to be Free Bird from One More from the Road.

Third: Layla by Clapton, sorry had to put my top three favorites of all time.
But, as quoted by another poster, the mood always sets the music, but, those three I can listen to any time, rock ballads rule any mood.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
OK, so this is Alcor, on Mizar's name... It's okay, I'm the girlfriend...

Best song, hands down: Yellow Submarine by the Beatles...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Looks That Kill- Motley Crue

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Today's best song ever is a tie between Higher Than The Sun and Deep Hit Of Morning Sun (Primal Scream), Here Comes The Sun and Good Day Sunshine (Beatles) and It's the Sun and Reach For The Sun (Polyphonic Spree).

Holidays In the Sun (Sex Pistols) would rate but I don't feel like spitting on anyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I Stay Away - Alice In Chains

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join