It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush relied on bogus intelligence code-named CurveBall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In a rush to build its case for the Iraq war, the Bush administration heavily relied on bogus intelligence from a mysterious Iraqi chemical engineer code-named "Curveball." The presidential commission that investigated intelligence failures in Iraq cast Curveball as the "pivotal" source behind the intelligence community's escalating warnings about Iraq's biological weapons programs before the invasion. No surpise that the presidential appointed commission also found no evidence that Bush, Cheney and other hawks forced political pressure on US intelligence agencies.

Fooled by a "Curveball" huh?

But the conviently placed commission also blamed U.S. intelligence chiefs for failing to tell White House policymakers about Curveball's "flaws."

read story here

Why didn't they just code-name the entire war on terrorism "liar liar, pants on fire?"

[edit on 1-4-2005 by syntaxer]
ed. to correct link length

[edit on 8-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would rather have my government err on the side of making sure that a threat is taken care of, rather than there being any chance of Saddam still having WMD's. The President has a duty to protect us. He's doing a great job.

(I say still because we all know that Saddam used WMD's against his own people and Iran).

Peace.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
actually several independent investigations found that neither bush nor anyone of his people put pressure on agencies: the senate intelligence committee (they spoke of it in the official findings), London's Lord Butler investigation, and a third one that i can't remember the title too.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I Remember that two of the bush administration top informers were, Allawi and Chalabi, they both provided faulty intelligence to the US, both were also under payroll.

If you make an ATS search is plenty of information about all the papers that they submitted in regards of the to MWD.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is a complete whitehouse whitewash.

They knew the aluminum tubes were for rockets and barred anyone from the Department of Energy talking to the press to reveal the fact that these tubes were all wrong for a centrifuge and perfect for rockets.

If you want a political patsy, i guess you just get some committee together. They will softpedal everthing, never come right out and point out the naked truth.

So tired of Washington BS.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

(I say still because we all know that Saddam used WMD's against his own people and Iran).

And which world superpower made sure Saddam was well stocked with weapons of all sorts?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by negativenihil]

[edit on 2-4-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hardly an way to treat an old chum is it?

Oh well at least Saddam was spared a lynching at the hands of revolutionaries. Now he can spend his golden years in a jial cell witing bad poetry. More than he deserves probably.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I would rather have my government err on the side of making sure that a threat is taken care of [...]

Err at the cost of 100 000 inocent lives? Nice.

Sure, weapons supplied by the US.

Originally posted by astroblade
actually several independent investigations found that neither bush nor anyone of his people put pressure on agencies: the senate intelligence committee (they spoke of it in the official findings), London's Lord Butler investigation, and a third one that i can't remember the title too.

Sure mate, as long as you rely on Fox to tell you what's going on.

WAR: Attorney general thought Iraq invasion would be illegal.

...the UK attorney general, thought an invasion would be illegal two weeks before it started. The UK government faces increasing pressure to reveal material concerning the legal advice given. The foreign secretary however still refuses to release any papers that would clear the government of any wrongdoing.

Get real!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here is further information proving Bush/Neocon war hawks used 'Curveball' as blinded justification for war despite allegations that the Iraqi informant was drunk/hungover during interrogations, that curveball was fluent in English and hardly considered an "insider" to Saddams regime, that our administration was going to war whether goofball would prove instumental or not.

read story here
www.washingtonpost.com...
msnbc.msn.com...

The report includes a detailed new reconstruction of how Curveball's fanciful tales came to be accepted at the highest levels of government.

Flip on the TV and you'll find US media concentrating on more important issues such as the death of 84 year old man, the rescheduling of a royal pompous wedding to his life-long mistress. I have scanned all our major news outlets during prime-time hours of broadcast and have noticed CNN, FOX nor anyone mention Curveball.

ED. to correct link length

[edit on 8-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

from the Msnbc link:
"No analytical judgments were changed in response to political pressure," the report concludes.

That's quite a bit different from saying "no political pressure was applied" which is what I've seen implied in other analysis of the report.

And this doesn't give me much faith in the commission's report either...

In fact, commission leaders seemed to not even know of its existence. "What e-mail are you talking about?" Judge Lawrence Silberman, the chairman, testily responded when asked by a NEWSWEEK reporter why it wasn't included in the report. "I'm mystified." Two hours later, after NEWSWEEK supplied the panel with a copy of the e-mail from the Senate report, a commission spokesman explained that the panel was aware of it but chose not to include it because its contents were already known. But its absence from the report raises questions of whether the Silberman panel may have "cherry-picked" evidence to exclude anything politically embarrassing to the "Powers That Be."

More BS designed to cover the administrations asses.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You know, I doubt "Curveball" even exist. I bet it was some made up name to take blame away from the government. Anyone agree? I mean if this "Curveball" really exists then why won't they tell us his real name? Jeez. I'm sorry I'm not buying into this "Curveball" character.

top topics

join