It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Search Turns Up Explosives at Terry Nichols Former Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just caught wind of this. I don't have a link yet. My question is this, why would they be searching his former home? Isn't he about as dead walking as you can get?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
if its the house in Michigan. its a farm. Youll find explosives there. Why is government hashing this up again, I wonder...Anyrate, lots of stuff you find on a farm can used to make bombs or be labled as "explosive"

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
if its the house in Michigan. its a farm. Youll find explosives there.

Word I got was his former home. So, not his farm. It's still developing. Stay tuned.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
if its the house in Michigan. its a farm.

An FBI agent sez it was his home in Kansas.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting. The bombers were part of a larger militia no? And part of the dangerous and widespread militia movment. Perhaps some other militiamen are using his house to store stuff? Someone must actually own it no?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Interesting. The bombers were part of a larger militia no? And part of the dangerous and widespread militia movment. Perhaps some other militiamen are using his house to store stuff? Someone must actually own it no?

Doubtful. the Feds probly seized it way back when. They're saying the stuff was there before the OKC bombing.

McVeigh was a patsy on an inside job. The goal? The main goal was to demonize the militia movement. As your post reveals, it worked pretty well.

Nichols is such a knob, he probly didn't have any knowledge that he was being played. I guess that's what happens when one lets anger and disillusionment take control.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
FBI: Explosives Found in Nichols' Old Home

About a dozen FBI agents and a bomb squad searched the Kansas home Friday where the Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator lived in 1995.

The FBI first went to the home Thursday night as part of an ongoing investigation, agency spokesman Jeff Lanza said. But after finding something in the house near downtown Herington, agents backed out and decided to wait for a bomb squad, he said. He declined to say what was found.

Lanza said if agents find explosives at the home, they would investigate whether they were connected to Nichols, who has not lived in the house for years.

Nichols was living in the house at the time of the April 19, 1995 bombing, which killed 168 people

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
FBI: Explosives Found in Nichols' Old Home

About a dozen FBI agents and a bomb squad searched the Kansas home Friday where the Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator lived in 1995.

Thx for the link, WW.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Doubtful. the Feds probly seized it way back when

Why would the feds be able to seize his house?

The goal? The main goal was to demonize the militia movement. As your post reveals, it worked pretty well.

Waco and ruby ridge demonized it well enough, even tho waco wasn't 'strictly' part of it. They don't need someone to 'demonize' them anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Why would the feds be able to seize his house?

Uh.. because he LIVED there?

Waco and ruby ridge demonized it well enough, even tho waco wasn't 'strictly' part of it. They don't need someone to 'demonize' them anyway.

How old were you when that was happening? Three? Clinton's BATF and Justice Department did everything in their power to undermine and demonize the militia movement. If you don't understand that then I'll be clear. They give the media a name and a backstory, the media trumpets the government BS to the heavens, incessantly repeating the appropriate buzzwords (i.e. TERRORIST! WHITE SEPERATIST!) and the sheep fall for it everytime.

Believe it or not, if someone liked you for something, it'd be easier to smear you in the media than it is to take candy from a baby. That goes for each and every one of us, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

because he LIVED there?

So? That doesn't mean that they necessarily can. Him being a criminal and doesn't mean that they are just given his real estate. Anyway, this might be a moot point, you are saying that they have infact seized it?

Clinton's BATF and Justice Department did everything in their power to undermine and demonize the militia movement.

Demonize? No. Fight it? Yes. And it was a worthy fight.

and the sheep fall for it everytime.

Well, considering that you are saying that the government assasinated the people at waco and that the government did the Oklahoma city bombing, sure, then the people are 'falling for it'. Of course, considering that in reality this is not what happened, there was nothing to fall for, and having militias that espouse extreme paranoia about the federal government who plan and prepare for a war against it, and that they are associated with Christian Identity movements, yeah, the people do have reason to suspect and try to break up these particular militias.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

because he LIVED there?
So? That doesn't mean that they necessarily can. Him being a criminal and doesn't mean that they are just given his real estate. Anyway, this might be a moot point, you are saying that they have infact seized it?

First of all, he is viewed as a TERRORIST. Big difference.

Second, the property isn't even his. He was RENTING it.

Third, under the anti-terrorist legislation passed by Clinton and further under Bush, the government can do pretty much whatever it wants to with a suspected terrorist and his/her property .

Well, considering that you are saying that the government assasinated the people at waco and that the government did the Oklahoma city bombing, sure, then the people are 'falling for it'. Of course, considering that in reality this is not what happened, there was nothing to fall for, and having militias that espouse extreme paranoia about the federal government who plan and prepare for a war against it, and that they are associated with Christian Identity movements, yeah, the people do have reason to suspect and try to break up these particular militias.

You've swallowed it hook, line and sinker. And near verbatim!:shk:

So how old were you at the time of WACO and Ruby Ridge? I noticed you forgot to answer that one.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So that would make it even more difficult for them to seize it.

So how old were you at the time of WACO and Ruby Ridge? I noticed you forgot to answer that one.

What possible difference does that make? I'm not going to answer such an irrelevant and trivializing question. I was old enough to know what was going on with waco and I remember it occuring, I wasn't a child. My age at the time is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan:
So that would make it even more difficult for them to seize it.

Your thoughts on this matter are irrelevant. THEY can seize whatever they want under the Patriot Act if they deem it a matter of terrorism. If you don't believe me, go take a look at the provisions in the Patriot Act.

Posted by EastCoastKid:
So how old were you at the time of WACO and Ruby Ridge?
Posted by: Nygdan:
What possible difference does that make? I'm not going to answer such an irrelevant and trivializing question. I was old enough to know what was going on with waco and I remember it occuring, I wasn't a child. My age at the time is irrelevant.

Say no more. Your sensitivity to my question is all the answer I need.

new topics

top topics

join