It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Light over Vatican Right Now???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I can see it now.

I think it's a light on a hill.

Behind this spot in the Vatican are the Gardens and, far beyond that, are lower buildings on the outskirts of Rome. This is, if my memory is correct, a low part of the region (it's across the river from the hillier main area of the city) and there are no hills -- that can be seen from that angle -- beyond. In ancient times the Romans used this area as a training camp for the army because it was flat and wide.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
did the light just dissappear

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If your seeing the same thing I'm seeing, then I think it could be this......

See the map above to see it's location.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh I wish I was at home so I could see this! darn it!

Keep us up to date.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah..... It seemed to totally fade out. It's only a faded thing on my screen right now. Now it's gone, I think. Same angle, same camera.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
it's gone, I'm still watching telemundo and the light aint there at all, well from what I see, it's dissappeared.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think it went out at midnight (rome time). I can't tell if it's still there or not.

BTW, I will look like a first class moron if this turns out to be the vatican radio mast.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
no wait, it's back now

probably a signal on that antenna??????

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's the radio station I think. Is this it?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think that could be it Irma, seems about the right height and it would explain the lack of movement.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i haven't been able to find a shot mabe some comp savy person could post a pic of it? would be great to get a daylight shot from same angle as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Right now the antenna thing is the best rational explanation, however there are a few things I'm still weirded (impressed) by:

1) When I first started watching this thing over an hour ago telemundo cut to one shot from the square that looked upwards from the ground level. It made the light look like it was over the Sistine Chapel as opposed to way behind it.

2)Can the tower show up at that distance and at that elevation from where (i think) it is?

3)at some point the telemundo cameraman was weirded out by it, too, because he zoomed on it for like ten seconds.

4)It went off and then back on again (like worldwatcher poiinted out)

and 5)if this IS just an antenna I will not be able to post here ever again.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh come on, imagine if this does turn out to be a UFO or something else spectacular. You'll be a legend.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Irma,

I think you have the best explanation so far. My only problem with it has to do with elevation. Judging by those photos, it seems like the tower isn't tall enough to look like it would stand high above the Sistine Chapel from the angle of the cameraman. It seems like the top of the tower would just barely peek out from the roof.

I'm probably delusional, though. Again, you've got the best explanation so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I guess they'll still be broadcasting the images in the morning using the same camera angle. Maybe we check back in the morning? If there's no antenna, it must be somethin else.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
*Dang* I have to go offline for about an hour (due to prior commitments... I didn't expect to see this today).

By the time I come back I imagine that someone will have proven that this is the radio stack. Daytime photos of the tower from the same angle would be proof enough.

I still wonder, however, about the elevation issue and why the cameraman zoomed in on it for a few seconds. We'll see, though, what the daylight photos show.

Also... if a REAL UFO event happens tonight I hope that this incident won't make people ignore it because of the 'crying wolf' syndrome.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
telemundo, BTW, has gone to a regular news show. If anyone is trying to find this particular shot you might be too late.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
my telemundo is still covering it and the light has dissappeared again

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is amazing! I don't get telemundo, but we could be onto something here.

I tried, but I couldn't find anything on google about any radio towers near the vatican. That picture someone posted of a radio tower, is that close enough to it to possibly be the light? Can anyone draw aprox. where the light is for us who can't see it?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Are there any swamps nearby?

Happy April Fools Day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join