It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Light over Vatican Right Now???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I had the day off today and so decided to look around the tv dial for updates on the Pope. Well, to make this short, the spanish-language stations are running continous shots of the vatican and...

...Above the Papal Residency, to the Right of St. Peter's basilica, you can see a round light that hasn't moved at all for at least a half hour. It isn't the moon and, because it's large enough to have what appears to be a circular shape, it doesn't look (at least on TV) like a star.

Go to Telemundo (Ch 44 in Chicago). They are basically using two wide outdoors shots. The one they are using the most is the one that looks directly into the Papal residence from behind the obelisk. The other shot, which is being shown less, includes the dome of the basilica and the edge of the residence. This, the second shot, is the one that shows the light in the sky (you can find it my scanning to the right of the dome).

I am NOT claiming that this is a real UFO (or, to other extremes, that aliens 'run the vatican' or something like that). I just want to see what you guys think of this. It's probably just a star or planet... but it's still interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think im seeing the same shot as you, you sure its not a light ontop of a roof from one of the buildings to the right of the dome?

I do see the light though.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If we're talking about the same light...

It doesn't look like there is any structure between this light and the papal residence (actually... and I could be wrong here... I think this light is over the Sistine Chapel).

When they go to the shot where the tv anchor is in the miniscreen next to the wideshot you can't really see it... but when the exterior shot goes fullscreen the light looks like its several pixels across. Wouldn't a star just be one or two pixels across?

I thought about helicopters... but it hasn't moved at all for a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
onscreen right now (go to telemundo)

EDIT: I set my VCR to record (over a crumby, old tape, though). It seems like the light is about five pixels wide and three pixels high.

WOW... now the cameraman has turned over to it. I wish I knew spanish. Now he's gone back to the wide shot.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh my God. What if some ETs revealed themselves at the Popes death? That would be freaky.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Guys,
Here's the Telemundo website. I don't know spanish and have had a hard time trying to find the shot that angles out over the sistine chapel (for a second, about five minutes ago, the cameraman showed a close-up of the light):
www.telemundo.com...

Keep in mind that they might not have the shot on their website.

PS: This is NOT an april fool's day joke, I swear.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Unfortunately i havent got that channel. The light i saw was right to the main dome building (cant remember its name), but i assume its the same light as what your seeing. The picture wasnt clear but you could definately see a light, you could tell it wasnt a star. Its a bit above a building to the right of the dome building, and i assumed it was on the roof. But looking at it again its too far above the roof. Could be something.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Unfortunately i havent got that channel. The light i saw was right to the main dome building (cant remember its name), but i assume its the same light as what your seeing. The picture wasnt clear but you could definately see a light, you could tell it wasnt a star. Its a bit above a building to the right of the dome building, and i assumed it was on the roof. But looking at it again its too far above the roof. Could be something.

We're looking at the same thing. Good... this means that this isn't just some weird smudge on the telemundo camera.

None of the english-language stations are carrying footage of St. Peter's yet. I hope they mention the light when -- sadly -- they decide to break in.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is there a live feed that doesn't have real player that someone can link me to

i won't download real player

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
oh my god it must'a be jeeezus, its da jeeezus light!!!11!!11

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't find telemundo, all my spanish channels have spanish cartoons on. I know FOX isn't showing it, any other media showing this light yet?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The more i look at it, the more i think your right (im watching coverage on bbc). Id quite like to get a close up shot of it, at the moment all you can tell is theres a really bright light in the sky.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
onscreen right now (go to telemundo)

Forget the round lights if you're watching telemundo, check out the round... er nevermind.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OK, hopefully this map will work. From the camera's perspective, the light is appearing over the Sistine chapel (imagine that you are looking across the square between the dome and the residency). The light is either over the Sistine Chapel OR it is further back and over the vatican gardens.

NOTE: The Conclave of Cardinals selects the Pope in the Sistine Chapel:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
MSNBC ahs a shot right now. It there's is a light on the right side of the screen. Is it odd? I don't know. Could be some sort of aircraft warning light or simply a bright star.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can see it now.

I think it's a light on a hill.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
found telemundo, see the light

could it be a light on an antenna on the building?????

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I just had someone else look at the same screen I'm watching. They -- and keep in mind that this person does not believe in UFOs, ghosts, 'orbs' or anything like that -- also confirm that it's there and that it's "Too wide" to be a star on a tv this size.

I've now been watching this for about an hour... and if it was a star or planet I believe that it would have shifted position relative to the Basilica Dome and Sistine Chapel. I've been taping this, now, off and on for about half an hour. Later on I'll go back to see if it moved.

I still haven't found it online yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think I saw it. I saw a string of 3 lights that were vertical next to St. Peter's.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ok telemundu just show a daytime image of the vatican and it seems that on the square building to the right of the dome, there is a large antenna which would put that light right at the top of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join