It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: UFO Tracked Over Australia Skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
An undentified flying object tracked over Australian skies has been reported by the Perth Observatory to be either space junk or a large meteorite according to the Observatory in Western Australia. The object that was tracked moving from the south coast of Western Australia through to the northern Territory appeared to be burning, with a tail and flaring out, getting brighter and then dimmer and then brighter again. Witness reports have the object as showing spectacular colours and being different from a meteorite, being seen over a large area for a long time.

www.abc.net.au
Alice Springs resident Fiona Higgins witnessed the rare event.

"I saw what I thought was fireworks and I thought, that's strange because I didn't hear any bang like you would with fireworks and it was going horizontal not vertical and it was the most phenomenal thing with all the pretty colours," she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Police have said over 20 reports came in for the object which was seen over largly uninhabitated land in central Australia. Most of the calls came from the Alice Springs area, 300 kilometres from Ayers Rock in Australias centre.

It will be interesting to wait for some follow up reports on this object and to hear some witness accounts to see if it can be correlated with prevous unidentified object claims.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Dubbo Report

On researching there have been quite a few reports over Australian skies in the last month or so.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Maybe they are doing some long range aircraft tests from pinegap

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Dubbo Report
On researching there have been quite a few reports over Australian skies in the last month or so.

Intersting. The 'Dubbo report' is even more interesting. Size of a car-

Are there any more links to this such as photos?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well after further investigating I found this debunking it...

Skywatch
but its another one of these You decide................. A kite? at night? yeah right....................

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Peter Birch from the Perth Observatory says it was a piece of a Russian spacecraft launched in 1970.

Mr Birch says it would have vaporised in the atmosphere sparking a light show.

"We had reports from the south coast of Western Australia, up through Kalgoorlie, Ayers Rock [Uluru] and Alice Springs," he said.

ABC.Net.Au

Hmmm very fast to say that now wern't they. I may add, the military powers that be have plottings on all satellites and space junk surrounding our planet today. What wern't we warned like the last time a Russian satellite came into crash. last time, i think it was sputnik, warnings were issued all over Australia about the re-entry of the satellite and it crashed into the sea. This time silence until afterwards, with a neatly tied explanation all wrapped up in a purty red bow that the public can swallow...oh well it was April Fools day so I guess they figured we are all April Fools that will swallow all explanations. What about the spectacular lights and colours that were originally reported, what about the slow slow speed of the "craft" what about the truth dudes..........come on what about Pine Gap...don't tell me they never saw it coming...................

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I had a few links but the looked kind of 'speculative' (I'm being kind.)

The black triangle on one ties into many links and some ATS threads

Check this thread out if you have any UFO interests. The terraserver links are great and if you're interested in something along those lines might be useful to you.

Aussie UFOs- can you give a map link perhaps and is there some kind of military installation within a few hundred kilometers of the area?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Pine gap is near the one last night.
roswell.fortunecity.com...
www.rense.com...
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

The first thing that came to mind when all the Alice Springs residents came out about the UFO last night was it's proximity to Pine Gap

nwo-warning.tripod.com...
Aerial shots of pine gap on the above link....not a bad read either........

Will get back to you later about the other secret installations here....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah...and I've seen the arrows.... in 1995 at night but the night I saw them they were bright yellowy orange arrowheads that made my tv go off and my computer screen (a 286) go funny.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was gonna log off then saw your above post- now I'm up for another hour or two reading the links

thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Big Brother
The government agency most heavily involved in satellite surveillance technology is the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), an arm of the Pentagon. NASA is concerned with civilian satellites, but there is no hard and fast line between civilian and military satellites. NASA launches all satellites, from either Cape Kennedy in Florida or Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, whether they are military-operated, CIA-operated, corporate-operated or NASA’s own. Blasting satellites into orbit is a major expense. It is also difficult to make a quick distinction between government and private satellites; research by NASA is often applicable to all types of satellites. Neither the ARPA nor NASA makes satellites; instead, they underwrite the technology while various corporations produce the hardware. Corporations involved in the satellite business include Lockheed, General Dynamics, RCA, General Electric, Westinghouse, Comsat, Boeing, Hughes Aircraft, Rockwell International, Grumman Corp., CAE Electronics, Trimble Navigation and TRW.

1/3 of the way down the page- this is untrue (emphasis added). Pure myth.

The author ascribes to much power to satellites. While many and much can be done with them, reading the article is being asked to believe things that are incorrect.

Great read- long and full of information even if 4-5 years old.

After reading the Pine gap links I remember some things about the place. The links are O.K. but dated. Notice many references URLs don't work or are wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Update...the object gets bigger, the more reports that come in..

www.abc.net.au...

STEVE KELLY: I reckon, the amount of sky it took up, it must have been hundreds of kilometres wide. It was like, you know, four or five degrees of the sky, from horizon to horizon.

ANNE BARKER: And even the experts were at a loss to explain the unusual phenomenon. Astronomer Peter Birch at the Perth Observatory says it could be several days before anyone knows just what it was.

PETER BIRCH: I think it's most likely a piece of space junk – a disused spacecraft or an old rocket casing or something like that. It would be most unusual for a meteor to be seen over the time that people are reporting to us.

And everybody is telling us approximately the same duration of sighting. Meteors tend to fairly short-lived, for maybe up to five seconds, but most people have reported this between 40 seconds and a minute.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah I saw it on the news last night. It was bits of some Russian rocket. The presenter said 'Russian Space Shuttle'

Apparently it lit up a quarter of the night sky and could be seen in three, very big, states for 'less than a minute' (around 30 secs)

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A Russian space shuttle?

I know they have one on display, but I was under the impression it wasn't used frequently, if at all.

Space junk I might buy, but if it was as large as people say, that would rule out a used rocket or piece of scrap.

Could have been a medium sized dirty snowball composed of dust and methane/ice I suppose.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Science Daily story relating to assessing space debris- Mar. 28, '05

Google search showing other stories during Mar. '05 regarding space debris.

I noticed the paucity of Alice Springs/Pine Gap news since around Feb. of '04. Prior to that not a lot of news relating to Pine Gap from any source other than conspiracy sites.

Here, a few days after the 'anomaly' in the Aussie skies and nothing of worth is available. This in itself is odd.

Russian shuttle? Why not a DoD (Dept. of Def.) craft? What little has been published about this 'event' describes it as being large enough to light up a considerable piece of sky.

Skylab page describing how this space debris was intentionally shifted from the U.S./Canada to impact Australia as having the least amount of possible casualties.

Where are the updates from Australia?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It didnt look all that bright on telly, and broke up, it was either space junk or meteor.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
An undentified flying object tracked over Australian skies has been reported by the Perth Observatory to be either space junk or a large meteorite according to the Observatory in Western Australia. The object that was tracked moving from the south coast of Western Australia through to the northern Territory appeared to be burning, with a tail and flaring out, getting brighter and then dimmer and then brighter again. Witness reports have the object as showing spectacular colours and being different from a meteorite, being seen over a large area for a long time.

www.abc.net.au
Alice Springs resident Fiona Higgins witnessed the rare event.

"I saw what I thought was fireworks and I thought, that's strange because I didn't hear any bang like you would with fireworks and it was going horizontal not vertical and it was the most phenomenal thing with all the pretty colours," she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Police have said over 20 reports came in for the object which was seen over largly uninhabitated land in central Australia. Most of the calls came from the Alice Springs area, 300 kilometres from Ayers Rock in Australias centre.

It will be interesting to wait for some follow up reports on this object and to hear some witness accounts to see if it can be correlated with prevous unidentified object claims.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This is what really happened.

On the morning of April 1st, and I wasn't fooling, I drew attention on a satellite observers' mailing list to the fact that a public satellite prediction site was predicting the decay of a recently launched rocket (note NOT a 1970s model!) and that it could decay over Australia.

Further information was available on a more official site but their user agreement does not permit dissemination of their information without permission. However obsevatories and the like would have no difficulty accessing such information.

Once we (the satellite observers) became aware that there were reports that appeared to correspond with this decay, information was communicated to the observatory but so far I have not seen any correction giving the real identity of this object.

There is an interesting audio description of the event at abc.net.au... but I would love to know if anyone has captured it on video. If so it would be nice to get it on the web, and some of my contacts might be able to assist so let me know.

As far as notifying people of the event, whether it relates to any particular ground site etc, a number of factors come into play.

Firstly unless the object is controlled, and with this object that does not appear to be the case, even the experts cannot say with a high degree of certainty where an object is going to decay, though they can predict reasonably well towards the very end of its life. Therefore no significance can be attached to where this object happened to enter the atmosphere and burn up. If they wanted to control re-entry it would be much more likely that they would either drop it in the sea or somewhere where it could be easily recovered, rather than burning up somewhere over Australia.

With reference to warning people, this seems unnecessary and would cause unnecessary panic for an object which based on its size was expected to burn up and did so, especially when there are the uncertainties mentioned above.

So the only thing that is surprising is that despite this object being easily identifiable, especially to those with access to official information, that they were puzzled by this event when amateurs like myself were well aware of this possibility.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbonz
So the only thing that is surprising is that despite this object being easily identifiable, especially to those with access to official information, that they were puzzled by this event when amateurs like myself were well aware of this possibility.

Two things, not one. I agree with this wholeheartedly. BUT ALSO where are the news reports?

Nothing like this happens without some video buff or back yard photographer getting it. Where are these things? Why haven't the news channels picked it up?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbonz
This is what really happened.

On the morning of April 1st, and I wasn't fooling, I drew attention on a satellite observers' mailing list to the fact that a public satellite prediction site was predicting the decay of a recently launched rocket (note NOT a 1970s model!) and that it could decay over Australia.

Nice debunking but I still have huge doubts. Too neatly wrapped up afterwards.

join