It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

really quick question: there are only 2 popes after this one???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i heard that there are only 2 popes after this (john paul the 2nd) one???

and then its the end of the world...

can anyone shed some light on this???

thanks...

MOD EDIT: Further discussion on this topic can be found in THIS thread. Please feel free to add your thoughts etc to that one. Thank You.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by alien]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think that the st. malachy prophecy has been covered numerous times on board. The next two after this one are noted as 'gloria olivae' and 'peter the roman'. The prophecy was supposed to have been written a very long time ago, and was 'revealed' hundreds of years after it was supposedly written.

Apparently its 'accurate' and specific up to the point at which its revealed, and then unspecific and varyingly 'accurate' after that. The prophecy is also that there are two more popes, and then the apocalypse, with the next pope being in office for a very short time.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this is what i heard in the ATS chat...

damn...

could this be true???

[edit on 1-4-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.catholic-pages.com...

The last of these prophecies concerns the end of the world and is as follows: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivoe. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman". Cornelius a Lapide refers to this prophecy in his commentary "On the Gospel of St. John" (C. xvi) and "On the Apocalypse" (cc. xvii-xx), and he endeavours to calculate according to it the remaining years of time.

based on this...

pope 267 (Gloria olivae) will be the next pope and his reign will be short...

then the prophecy states that pope Petrus Romanus will be the last...

there COULD be popes in between pope 267 and pope Petrus Romanus...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No the prohecy of st. malchay is not true. It's a whole historical fabrication by some belgian monk, centuries ago.. and remeber no man can fortell the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The above sounds extremely similar to a nostradamus interpretation by Luciano Sampietro, the Pope dies and then there are two popes after him, but the second dies 2006 during a world war.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
the Pope dies and then there are two popes after him, but the second dies 2006 during a world war.

And thats the last pope in the nost proph? I've never heard that nost predicted the end of the papacy before. I thought his predictions go until 2300 or some such also?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
St Malachy, who lived in the 12th Century and who successfully (albeit debatably) predicted 112 Catholic Popes from the time of his life...

this is amazing...

please read this:

www.thedivinesibyl.com...

it is from valhall's website...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
what if all of this does come true? It'll be pretty scary. I wonder if anyone would try to kill the "last pope" and try to change the the prophecy.

the Pope dies and then there are two popes after him, but the second dies 2006 during a world war.
if I do see that happening, im getting my stuff ready to change time... and somehow fail miserably and bring the world to an end...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
St Malachy, who lived in the 12th Century and who successfully (albeit debatably) predicted 112 Catholic Popes from the time of his life...

this is amazing...

please read this:

www.thedivinesibyl.com...

it is from valhall's website...

Actually, St. Malachy originally said 111.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i think i heard something somewere though saying that naustradamous predictions are always off from like 2-6 years and also if it is 6 years that could make it 2012

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And thats the last pope in the nost proph? I've never heard that nost predicted the end of the papacy before. I thought his predictions go until 2300 or some such also?

Apparntly these are the last prophecies about the final world war of mankind, lots of death, suffering, hardship etc, after WW3 and WW3.5 (mini after war) there is hardship more many hundreds of years than thousands of years of global peace and progress.

Remember Nost predicted but its Luciano Sampietro thats interpreted it so it all depends, I personal don't believe it but its a good read anyway.

top topics

join