It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Busted Smuggling Cocaine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
5 U.S. sodiers have been arrested for attempting to bring 30 pounds of coc aine into the U.S. from Colombia using military aircraft. An estimated value of $25,000 worth of coc aine ready to hit the streets in the U.S. I wonder how much has come in and has not been caught. The war on drugs at its finest.

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
at less than $ 1000 pound that's some pretty cheap coke

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering where they got that number from. That is certainly not the street value of 30 pounds, or the equivalent 13.64 kilos. The street value could be roughly around $20-25,000 per kilo. So it could bring up to $340,000 in for whomever was selling it. If this same amount of coc aine was broken down into Crystal Meth than you are now in a different ballpark all together.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think that calculation have to be wrong, I grew up around a "interesting" lot coming up and the best I've ever known somebody to get is 14,500 a K and that's buying a hell of a lot more than just 30 Lbs and being very tight with high level people south of the border, on average it's 19-22,000 wholesale in the east coast.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Oblivions void]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Apparently there was another incident a few years ago:

CBC
It was the second major scandal to hit the U.S. military in Colombia.

In 1999, the wife of the former commander of U.S. anti-drug operations in Colombia, Laurie Hiett, pleaded guilty to shipping $700,000 in coc aine and heroin to New York City in diplomatic parcels. She was sentenced to five years in prison.

Her husband, Col. James Hiett, pleaded guilty to helping his wife launder $25,000 in illicit profits and was given a five-month prison term.

Maybe that's where they got their figure of $25,000 from?
Just a mistake in the story?

top topics

join