It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are U Willing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Cloning.....

Scenario A....
A new radical government party was structured in the world where they are decreeing cloning as mandatory for all people to guarantee your safety. Would you actually let them clone you? If not what would you do?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes, I would strongly recommend that I an cloned, instanty and prolifically.

I will even email some of my toe-nail clippings right away.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaVirus
Cloning.....

Scenario A....
A new radical government party was structured in the world where they are decreeing cloning as mandatory for all people to guarantee your safety. Would you actually let them clone you? If not what would you do?

Sure. It's not like it would instantly appear as a 26 yr old.

It would start as an infant, go through life, growing up and experiencing different things than I did.

It would be a completely different person altogether by the time it was 26. It would just have the exact same genetic makeup as me.

And it would have to deal with me calling it "It", rather than "He."
But that's a hang up I have to deal with.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Scenario A....

I would run in the other direction, another me would get really annoying. Im annoyed just thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A clone is just a twin. While i always thought it would be cool to have a twin sister, I don't see how having a twin would guarantee my safety. Furthermore, clones don't look *exactly* like the original and don't behave like the original, either.

So I'd be in there asking a lot of questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wait a minute when you are trying to clone somebody like in the movie of
Arnold Swarchenegger where when they clone you, you would have the same everything (mindset, characteristics etc) basically your the same in every way. Don't it mean immortality? So what I mean by safety is immortality.
Very radical minset eh

**EDIT**
Grammar Mistakes

[edit on 1-4-2005 by DaVirus]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm a strong believer that Human cloning will destroy our species. It will break down the gene pool until we all get sick and die.

If this was the case I would be to worried about impersonation or replacement. If such a government came into place I would sooner die before letting them impose anything on me.
The only way I would let a clone be made of me is if it had no head. If my headless clone existed it would be used as spare parts for myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What about if you or your clone did a crime and DNA was the evidence. Wouldnt that confuse things? I think it be scary. Bad enough with the system having your details on ID cards but a clone of you? No thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i'm not sure i'd want a clone of me wandering around. could get dangerous. i understand it wouldnt nesisarily share my views and thats what scares me. my unckle cousin and myself all seemed to share the same idiosyncrisies and looks even when we were young after seeing how my cousin turned out i think a clone would be bad.:shk:

as for a clone for your safety. think on this if you were to have a clone on ice that would mean that there was always an organ, bone marrow ect. on hand ready to be transplanted with only an extreem low risk of rejecton. just imagine you are on the way home one night. a drunk driver hits your car. your spleen is ruptured and your eye has been destroyed. you go to the hospital and there is your clone an eye, and spleen ready to be replaced no waiting. you wouldn't even have to take the drugs as normal with a transplant as they are a perfect genetic match. and on top of that there is skin and bone that can be used to fix cosmetic damage, all made to order.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
No I would not. It would go against God:shk:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
my security ??? how exactly does cloning keep me safe ? at the most it would give that goverment the oppurtunity to put someone that looks like me, doing whatver they want ... sooo..NO... and i dont buy that balloney that its to have body organs in case of accident... sure !

NO NO NO ! Clone someone else, NOT me !

Besides...Thsi world can only take ONE of ME !

[edit on 1-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

new topics

top topics

join