It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists Admit Fraud (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
In a letter written by a staff editor of Scientific American, its been admitted that evolution itself is a fraud, and that they, along with possibly other major science media outlets, have been horribly and wrongly biased in favour of things like evolution, global warming and such and even terribly biased against things like the missile defense program.

www.sciamdigital.com
In retrospect, this magazine's coverage of socalled evolution has been hideously one-sided. For decades, we published articles in every issue that endorsed the ideas of Charles Darwin and his cronies. True, the theory of common descent through natural selection has been called the unifying concept for all of biology and one of the greatest scientific ideas of all time, but that was no excuse to be fanatics about it. [...]
Moreover, we shamefully mistreated the Intelligent Design (ID)
theorists by lumping them in with creationists. Creationists believe
that God designed all life, and that's a somewhat religious idea. But
ID theorists think that at unspecified times some unnamed superpowerful
entity designed life, or maybe just some species, or maybe just some of
the stuff in cells. That's what makes ID a superior scientific theory:
it doesn't get bogged down in details. [..]
Good journalism values balance above all else. We owe it to our readers to present everybody's ideas equally and not to ignore or discredit theories simply because they lack scientifically credible arguments or facts. Nor should we succumb to the easy mistake of thinking that scientists understand their fields better than, say, U.S. senators or best-selling novelists do. Indeed, if politicians or special-interest groups say things that seem untrue or misleading, our duty as journalists is to quote them without comment or contradiction. To do otherwise would be elitist and therefore wrong. In that spirit, we will end the practice of expressing our own views in this space: an editorial page is no place for opinions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They will have to answer to the EAC for breaking ranks like this. We'll have to make people think its an april fools joke or some thing.
I mean there is no EAC.

Related News Links:
Full Text in a Talkorigins posting
An older, similar item that had to be similarly covered up

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They were being sarcastic...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its another aprils fools joke ...

read the title:

"Okay, We Give Up"

Duhh ... they are laughing in Creationists faces without you even knowing it XD

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Heh heh, had to vote "no" on this one. Even a "science" article posted on 4/1 doesn't qualify as news in my book.

Dang! Forgot to wear the tin-foil on my fingers when I voted. Now the mods can invade my comp!!

[edit on 4/1/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, exxxxcellent, everything is going perfectly according to plan.

mwa hahahahahaha!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From the "apology"

Why were we so unwilling to suggest that dinosaurs lived 6,000 years ago or that a cataclysmic flood carved the Grand Canyon? Blame the scientists. They dazzled us with their fancy fossils, their radiocarbon dating and their tens of thousands of peer-reviewed journal articles. As editors, we had no business being persuaded by mountains of evidence...

I want to see how many anti-evolution sites miss the sarcasm and pick this story up.

B.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
evolution is a fraud???

does this mean God made us???

God exists???

who knows...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's April 1st. That's their annual April Fool's joke.

(although I can see this being reported as true in all the Christian extremist sites. Oh, that will be funny.)

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Onyate Man is an example of what you suggest actually happening. Thats the second supporting link in the story above.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Yes, exxxxcellent, everything is going perfectly according to plan.

mwa hahahahahaha!

So.....are you saying you know that this was a joke, or not??

The way you started this thread makes be believe that you thought they were serious... hell, I thought it was serious until I actually read the article, then of course it was a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
So.....are you saying you know that this was a joke, or not??

Anyone who has read my posts on the topic knows that I am an ardent YECist....

top topics

join