It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Veterans Group Calls on Congress to Impeach George W. Bush and Richard Cheney

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A veterans group is joining other groups' calls for the impeachment of BushCo. If using BOGUS info. to convince U.S. citizens to support the Iraqi invasion doesn't reach the level of impeachment, nothing does.



Veterans Group Calls on Congress to Impeach George W. Bush and Richard Cheney

ST. LOUIS--On March 30, a national veterans’ organization called for the removal of President George W. Bush and Vice-President Richard Cheney for crimes the group charges were committed during the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
In a letter sent to each member of the US House and Senate, Veterans For Peace (VFP) stated that “...This administration’s war on Iraq, in addition to being increasingly unpopular among Americans, is an unmistakable violation of our Constitution and federal law which you have sworn to uphold. In our system, the remedy for such high crimes is clear: this administration must be impeached.”
www.baltimorechronicle.com...


If you're a veteran and you agree with this group, contact the organization and help out any way you can. The movement will only get stronger.




posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well this is something...Good news!


My husband is a veteran and he'd like nothing better than to impeach the impeachable!

I wonder how far this will go...



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
While I would LOVE to see this a success, somehow I doubt nothing will come of it and nothing will appear in the media.

We already lost.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Impeach Duyba and Dick?


Where do I sign?

NEXT!!



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I hope it works!!

I have a question... Who would be the President and Vice President should they get impeached?



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It would make my year to see Bush and his Junta behind bars or better yet swinging from the gallows.




posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is no reason to impeach the President and Vice President. Just because some group calls for an impeachment does not mean anything. The President & Vice President were voted into office, no group can just call for them to be kicked out. I also doubt that any large numbers of Vets would call for such a thing.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If the President & Vice President are impeached (which they won't be in this case) then the Speaker of the House will become President.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
To anyone who thinks impeachment is not a possibility; I suggest you look into the recent history of my home state of California, and how we got our Governator.

Bush needs to be impeached for manipulating an ignorant populace into support for war, and for the numerous flagrant violations of international law.

We don't need to worry about any regimem change, other than our own.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah, right.

Maybe veterans of the Kerry campaign bus tour, but that would be about it



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yeah, right.

Maybe veterans of the Kerry campaign bus tour, but that would be about it


Not all soldiers are dumb as dirt and programmed. And some of them actually know and respect the law.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A CIA analyst who was fired in August is suing. He was fired due to unspecified reasons. He claims he was fired for refusing to sign off on cooked intel. I hope others who were treated the same way come forward. That would be a major blow to the administration.

Then there's the lawsuit against Rumsfeld, accusing him of being responsible for fostering the policies that led to abuse of prisoners. Rear Admiral John Hutson and Brig. Gen. James Cullen are speaking out and working with Human Rights First in this case. These men are heroes. The kind I served under back in the day.


[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
To anyone who thinks impeachment is not a possibility; I suggest you look into the recent history of my home state of California, and how we got our Governator.

Bush needs to be impeached for manipulating an ignorant populace into support for war, and for the numerous flagrant violations of international law.

We don't need to worry about any regimem change, other than our own.


I hope you are aware that the rules are different for CA. The President & Vice President cannot be impeached just because a group of people call for it. Even if 60% of the country wanted it (which they don't) it could not be done. He can only be impeached for "high crimes".



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
A CIA analyst who was fired in August is suing. He was fired due to unspecified reasons. He claims he was fired for refusing to sign off on cooked intel. I hope others who were treated the same way come forward. That would be a major blow to the administration.

Then there's the lawsuit against Rumsfeld, accusing him of being responsible for fostering the policies that led to abuse of prisoners. Rear Admiral John Hutson and Brig. Gen. James Cullen are speaking out and working with Human Rights First in this case. These men are heroes. The kind I served under back in the day.


[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]


Is that really True about the Admiral and General coming forth?? If so that is a huge BLOW in my mind as to what is really going on down south of our border...

Military Men of THAT rank do NOT just jump onto the latest band waggon no matter what Country they serve... They are LIFERS and for them to come forward, if true, is a HUGE blow against Rummi and GW IMHO if it ever hits the main stream media....



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I hope you are aware that the rules are different for CA. The President & Vice President cannot be impeached just because a group of people call for it. Even if 60% of the country wanted it (which they don't) it could not be done. He can only be impeached for "high crimes".



I hate to break it to you, but if that many people pressured their congresscritters about it, action would be taken. No one thought Bubba Clinton could be impeached, either. And he was. (By the House, anyway.)



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by like2learn
Is that really True about the Admiral and General coming forth?? If so that is a huge BLOW in my mind as to what is really going on down south of our border...

Military Men of THAT rank do NOT just jump onto the latest band waggon no matter what Country they serve... They are LIFERS and for them to come forward, if true, is a HUGE blow against Rummi and GW IMHO if it ever hits the main stream media....


It's VERY true. Look for a column by Bob Herbert, New York Times in the very near future. It hasn't run yet.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Boatphone
I hope you are aware that the rules are different for CA. The President & Vice President cannot be impeached just because a group of people call for it. Even if 60% of the country wanted it (which they don't) it could not be done. He can only be impeached for "high crimes".



I hate to break it to you, but if that many people pressured their congresscritters about it, action would be taken. No one thought Bubba Clinton could be impeached, either. And he was. (By the House, anyway.)


Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath. And no if that many people wanted him impeached (the example of 60%) he still could not be [impeached] if he had not commited any high crimes. He could be pressured to step down but not impeached according to the law.

It is only wishful thinking but the minority (Bush haters).



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Clinton was impeached, whether he deserved it or not, because the Republicans had a majority in Congress.

Bush will not be impeached, whether he deserves it or not, because the Republicans have a majority in Congress.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath. And no if that many people wanted him impeached (the example of 60%) he still could not be [impeached] if he had not commited any high crimes. He could be pressured to step down but not impeached according to the law.


Let's see..

Lying to the nation in the state of the Union address (those 16 words)

Ok-ing systematic abuse and torture, breaking the Geneva Conventions

Invading and occupying a sovereign nation

In the very least, allowing 9-11 to happen for the benefit of his PNAC handlers

I could go on.. but why bother? I don't know what you consider high crimes to be.. if you are too blind or ignorant to see the above as being so, I truly pity you.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I hope it works!!

I have a question... Who would be the President and Vice President should they get impeached?


Bush and Cheney.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join