It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World/Dreams

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

i keep having a reoccurring that started about 7 years ago and it always starts with a tidal surge. Then massive flooding. The first one I was well in land and the next few as well. These dreams have been getting more frequent lately like once A week. Now I'm usually at the beach or in the water and I see 30 to 75 foot waves start to run to the coast and everybody panics. I usually make it from harm barely as I'm helping people on the way. Then there are usually animals that out of nowhere start to attack wild and domestic. I usually wake at this point or it just gets to fuzzy to remember or jumps around to much after that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've had "End of the World" dreams for many years now. Sometimes they are about war to precede, others demonstrate violent weather and dark angry clouds. I've even dreamed of the signs in the sky - lights and shapes of pinwheels, kryptic kind of symbols and signs...

Last night I had another "End of the World" dream, (around 3:00 am). They never "scare" me, but generally just leave me feeling disturbed. The dream last night was about the weather, earthquakes, floods, etc, increasing in volume and intensity. It was very dark times and angry skies. The final day for all of mankind was to come, however, with a disturbance in the planets (alignment?) and ultimate catastrophe on earth which no one would/could survive. This would include earthquakes, floods, volcanos and fire... everything all at once in one very dark day. It was to happen in my (this) lifetime - whether I would survive to see it or not.

In my dreams I am always there as an observer to the event, but to me that is just for the sake of the dream as a witness of the events to come. I dreamed the World Trade Center Towers two weeks before the event...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i have also had an end of the world storm dream. i was standing in this opened space like at the underpass beside a river. there were cars going down the road and i was walking as i often do, down the side of the road. i could see across the water to the people standing on what i suppose to be the eastern shore because as i glanced that direction i looked up and a massive lightening storm was happening, however, instead of lightning striking the ground the bolts turned into fire balls the size of houses and began to rain allover the place, more and more striking all around me. the fire eventually stopped falling and i looked around att the burning city around me...noone was left except me and the friend i was walking with. we servived as we jumped into the water as soon as the fires hit near where we were standing.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
About 2 weeks ago, I had an 'end' dream.

I started out with a small group of people, working our way past throngs of panicked people. We weaved through streets and side streets, until we arrived at this apartment building. It was 3-4 stories tall, but was one of the highest buildings in the area. We came to the apartment on the top floor, which took up nearly the whole floor. The living room was spacious with large windows opening out to the city (WEST). It had separate bedrooms, which I gladly commandeered as my own, and became side tracked with something, I can't recall now what it was. I eventually passed out. When I came to, it was still night time, but the door of my room had been ripped off (and was missing). When I walked into the living room, the room was a mess, like a tornado hit it or something. I could tell something violent occurred, but what it was, I don't know. My companions were missing, vanished without a trace. I felt so lonely, and I wondered why I was left, alive and alone. I decided to look out the windows. What I saw made me die a little inside. The moon was out, about ¾ full. It cast an eerie light on the surroundings. Total devastation. Buildings had crumbled, torn apart, possibly by bombs. Shrapnel and other things littered the streets. The one thing I noticed was the lack of corpses. Where did everyone go? What happened to everyone? If it had been some kind of missile or bomb attack, the streets would have had at least several corpses. And why was the apartment building I was in practically untouched (save for whatever the hell came in and ripped apart the apartment and took my companions). As I was eying the surroundings, I went into this 'mode'. I started thinking of what kind of vehicle I'd need, how to get to the stores to get whatever food/supplies that were still there and still good. I checked the lock on the apartment door (which was still in one piece...how strange), considering no one was there but me, I determined the lock to be relatively 'safe' for use, and I then started to think of how long I could stay there on canned goods and supplies until I would have to move out into the country and start farming for my food. When I began to think about how I would obtain gas for the vehicle, I woke up.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I've dreamt of both of parents passings two weeks before they died/became ill respectivly. My most recent prophetic dream was of the ice storm in January down south. If I have a dream that I'm disturbed by, I'll mention it to my husband just to have his collaberation and to freak him out a bit muhahaha Seriously, I don't have a dream precluding all devastating events. It's sporatic and seems personal as if my subconcious is preparing me for what is to come.

My end of the world dream happened many years ago but, I also had the same dream repeatedly over the course of a year or so. So vivid and the same everytime. It was a nuclear detonation. We were not at war at the time this was a suprise attack. It happend north of me, Kokomo, IN or more likely Chicago, IL although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see the mushroom cloud from Indy. Anyhow, I remember seeing the mushroom cloud far off in the distance. I was trying to make my home but the traffic become impossible to navigate. I abdonded my car and found my way to a music store where we all just sat on the ground and listened to 'Dark Side of the Moon.' I know that sounds silly, I'm just relaying what was in the dream. Every time I had this dream I woke up in a sweat. I haven't had this dream for over ten years but, I can still vividly remember it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I keep having odd dreams about the world messing up like earthquakes or nuclear wars, idk where it is really taking place, but I know that I am never scared in any of my dreams, actually being a leader or hero.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I keep getting these dreams of 2012,

The first is a bit vague as to when, but is sometime in late 2012. I go outside my house, and everything is burning. The homes all around mine are burning, and my house starts to catch on fire. My family and i get into the car to escape, but we really have no where to go because everything is burning. This dream seems more symbolic to me though.

The second takes place right as we are approaching the time of 11:11 UTC on December 21, 2012. I have had this dream atleast 10 times in the last 4 months. Everything seems to accelerate, time and space. I hear what sounds like a machine powering up (starting in a low hum, and raising pitch and intensity, you know what it sounds like). As we approach the zero point, its like everything is happening at once, and time is moving exponentially faster, until it accelerates into infinity. At the zero point, there is a flash of white light that permeates everything, and what seems like a portal opens. I cross over to find myself in a wondrous environment and then wake up. The weird part of this dream is how vivid it is. It doesn't feel like a dream, it kind of feels like im living it. I'm disappointed when i wake up and find out it was just a dream. Everything was so beautiful.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplehelix888
I keep having odd dreams about the world messing up like earthquakes or nuclear wars, idk where it is really taking place, but I know that I am never scared in any of my dreams, actually being a leader or hero.

Ditto. I always have dreams where i crowd is running away from something they are terrified over. I am almost always the only one staying calm. Many times i engage this thing (usually a monster mutant or terrorist) to try and take it down. Sometimes i succeed, but other times i might die. Regardless, i feel satisfied when i'm dying that i wasn't a coward.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Originally posted by triplehelix888

Ditto. I always have dreams where i crowd is running away from something they are terrified over. I am almost always the only one staying calm. Many times i engage this thing (usually a monster mutant or terrorist) to try and take it down. Sometimes i succeed, but other times i might die. Regardless, i feel satisfied when i'm dying that i wasn't a coward.

Of the many dreams I recall on a good night I have the "running away" types, pretty much always involving zombies..... its pretty much me constantly on the move, going up and down hallways/buildings. Those have become relatively common, which isn't really surprising considering I've played/seen tons of games/movies with zombies.

As for significant one-time only "war" dreams that stuck with me was one from a good 4 or so years back. I remember being in an large vast plane/range between mountains..... the ground was brown and darkened, as were the skys..... they were cloudy with consuming pitch darkness expanding and flowing with lightning.... fighting through them was the light from the son, any bit of light that did get through showed through fiercely. It was quit perfect for the scene that was put before me. On one side sat modern military; tanks, helicopters, planes, pretty much all vehicles.... never really did I actually see the soldiers. The only people I saw seemed to be the people I saw my self standing amongst on the other side of this plane...... we all had quite the interesting clothing.... robbish thick material made of some kind of polymer. I didn't really get to see the who won or even the initial clash..... just both sides getting closer and closer to meeting in the center.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have had for the past 2 to 3 years a recurring dream. I am at college and I am failing several courses but continue to go to the classes I am interested in. Only I am troubled because I cannot graduate with a degree and all my time in school is for nothing. Now this dream, which sometimes can occur 2 or 3 nights a week and drives me nuts, had an interesting twist one night not too long ago. You see, in reality, I did drop out of a 4 year college after failing some courses and I only got a 2 year associate degree and this is the basis for my recurring dream. Well one night the dream began as usual but then I found myself in a empty classroom at college. I was sitting in a chair and across from me was a man sitting casually in a chair also and holding a piece of paper rolled up in his hand. He was very calm and somehow comforting. I said to him in despair that I did not have a degree, which he was holding in his hand, and that all my time in school was a waste and for nothing. He looked at me and understood my anxiety and said quite calmly "with what is going to happen it will not matter". With these words came the impression that it would not matter that I nor anyone has or doesn't have a degree. Degrees would be meaningless in light of these events to come.

I have had many apocalyptic dreams that were recurring 10+ years ago. They had lights in the sky, strange weather, unearthly intelligences, military jets in battle etc. But this was the calmest dream I have ever had that implied the end of the world. It was also the most recent one on the subject after nearly 10 years of no apocalyptic dreams.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

About 5 years ago I had a dream. This dream changed my life and since then I have been preparing for the worst. I have been stocking up on supplies. Food, water, clothing, medical supplies, camping and hunting exquipment. I have prpared an escape plan and found what I believe to be the perfect location to survive.

In my dream it was Feb 2012 and Pakistan declared war on India. It was a war that went nuclear. Eventually The United States and United Kingdom were at war with Russia and China. Missiles were like birds in the sky they were flying everywhere. WWIII had began. Millions of people were dying all over the world. The war last 10 days.

In every country there was no power, food or fresh water. The sky was black cities were burning and flames could be seen for miles and miles. People we dying in the streets, there was coas everywhere. People were trying to flee the coastline and head inland to the bush.

I live in Australia and with the way the world currently is with earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions and the threat of war on our doorsteps people need to prepare for whats to come. Becuase something big is coming and it will happen within the next 4 years.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Hello, I'm new here. But recently came across this site attempting to research a book I am writing. The stories I have been reading are quite interesting. I am very open minded and believe anything is possible, which brings me to my "story".

I remember being four years old, and waking up one morning. The sun was coming through my bedroom window so brightly. I remember looking down at my hands, my feet, feeling my face, and actually feeling relieved and overjoyed to "be alive". Everything seemed so vivid...I don't know for sure "where I was" before that moment. My daddy looked the same, my sister looked the same, but somehow, I have always known something "unexplainable" happened to me. I am now 34 years old, and since that day I have had a reoccuring dream, or nightmare, however you want to look at it. I am in the backseat of a station wagon. My baby sister is sitting next to me, my mother is driving and my father is sitting next to her. The world around us is literally falling apart. The ground is dropping into a deep abyss of hot, molten rock. Everywhere I look around us in the dream, is beginning to appear more like the Grand Canyon in AZ, USA...only it's shaking and falling. When I was young, I would wake from this dream feeling terrified, and once again, grateful to be alive. I am still having this dream to this day. certain aspects have changed however...instead of me and my sister in the back seat, it is my two daughters who's age difference is the same as my sister and I, my older daughter is a spitting image of me at 7 and my younger looks just like my sister. I am driving now instead of my mother, and my son is next to me in the front seat rather than my father. Is this a type of "time-slip"? I have never really considered looking at the clock after waking from these dreams, but I am very interested in learning more about what they mean!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I never used to remember any dreams, but recently I have been recalling a few as well as a couple of lucid dreams where I figure out that I am dreaming.

Not that this helps, as the people I am with clam up when I start asking direct questions. And I am still only recalling fragments.

In one dream a few months ago there was sort of disaster scenario, something happened which didn't make sense, at which point I realised that I was dreaming and went up to some guy to ask him when was all this going to happen. He just smiled and made some cryptic comment to the effect that you will know when the time comes. So I thought "thanks for nothing", and went over to some other guy to ask him, but before I got there I got an itch on my real body which brought me out of the dream. Couldn't get back into it to find out when this was going to happen.

A few weeks ago I had a dream where I was being shown photo slides of a disaster which I got the impression was India, or that region. It was a devastating flood, and I think I was seeing the next great disaster.

And last night I was in a cave with Rolf Harris(!) who wanted to show me some art. His helper took some rod like objects about 8 feet in length to a corner of the room and propped them up against the wall, but as I watched him I realised that the art was already in front of me - a pot of earth.

The next fragment I remember was being in a street, which I figured was Australia, but only because Rolf was there earlier, and I was on a street near a crossroads, the road quite steep down hill, name of street began with "p" but I just can't recall what it was. But I do remember that the second building along was an oblong building with a glass
front, which I thought was a launderette. It was no.17 and it was the source of the end of the world.

I realised that I was dreaming in this one as well and that I had to get the word out, to warn the authorities. I got up and was writing down everything in this dream, quite a detailed report, everything I needed to pass onto the police. But I was still in the dream and this report is now lost somewhere in my subconcious. Then I was on a train where I got off at a stop in some strange spooky town, which seemed the same but was alien. And finally I hopped back on the train because I had forgotten my shoes and had been walking around barefoot.

So frustrating to wake up properly and not be able to remember the name of the street. I could have googled it.

I have ordered a herb called Calea Zacatechichi, which in Mexico is called the "dream herb" - it itensifies dreams and aids dream recall. I hoping that if I have anymore lucid dreams this will help me to remember all the details. I'll keep you posted if it works.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by akkad

That's strange...I too have had a dream where I'm on a train pulling into a strange, "alien" town. But in my dream, I do not get off the train because of the strong sense of danger all around me. Also, I have my children with me in my dream, so I have more of a natural instinct to stay on the train and protect them.

Is the sky glowing red, like it's dusk in your train dream? It is in mine and there were others on the train with me, but I did not talk to anyone, instead I am comforting my children and telling them everything is going to be alright, that as long as we stay on the train we will be safe.
Just curious if there is any similarities between our dreams. I feel strongly that all of us who are having these vivid dreams are being prepped for something...I think eventually, groups of people who have specific "jobs" are going to start having the same dreams, which will bring them all together in person. When that begins to happen, we are getting close to the main event I think. Just my opinion. Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
End Of the World Dreams.........I am preparing a reveal of all my Prophetic Dreams very soon, like it makes any difference Humans seemed to make the same mistakes even when they have the warnings staring them in the face.
Two of my most recent dire PD's(Prophetic Dream)

03/33 Great Flood.....how great I don't know, two years earlier Ladies head made of fire and rock.....Mount St Helens.....Yellowstone two years later? which could cause a Great Flood. I'm just connecting the dots.

2182 The last Human Being Dies......I'm led to believe, dies in the present form we are currently in or that the beings left are a newer breed?... All I know it wasn't as straight forward....maybe the ascension of the final soul?

I have had others but these are the most far reaching.
edit on 29-4-2011 by DreamerOracle because: errors

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Greets,

I have had the same dream for years, going back to the late 70's. It is always the same dream and I cannot think of any time that it has changed:

I am on a street in Detroit where I grew up. It is late evening and the sky is cloudy and has a very red cast to it. It is warm outside and there is a warm breeze. The streets around me are 100% void of all life and sound. As I walk along the street I see a large flock (100's) of blackbirds sitting on a building. I continue to walk and the street is again empty. I look up and see a flock of Blue Jays (100's) on another building. I continue to walk and the street is again empty. As I pass an empty lot I see a huge pack of dogs (100's, all german shepards). This continues as I walk and walk and pass various groups of animals. Eventually I hear a loud voice say "and the beasts of the fields shall gather onto themselves".

I have had this dream dozens of times. I should say that as a result of my 42 months in Iraq I now have sleep issues (started in 2005), for which I am medicated. I no longer have dreams of any type. Except for this dream. It remains.

I have searched and have never been able to find the quote, so no idea if it is religious in nature. Just thought I'd share this recurring dream. Better days...........

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i had one where there was a big explosion in the sky i was looking out of the window the ran down stairs after i remember waking up thinking the sun exploded

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Quicksilver

It freaks me out. I dream about running away from something every night and the worlds around me has fallen. Some are me running the others are me fighting back. but im alone against dozens but i'm never losing. im always having to pick up survivors and protect them but once the fighting stars i am always alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Me too....
But in my dream it was the first day of Junior high, I was writing an essay, and the bell had rang so it was time for lunch and when I got outside it was steaming hot out, and then black clouds covered the sun and the rest of the sky and then they vanished and it was outer space!
There was this plantet, it was oddly shaped but it was in a rectangular sape but it was round on the edges...so then asteroids started coming down everywhere but for somreason me & my friends, family, and even some people that I didn't even know were still alive, so me and my class ran to my house and it looked like it was broken into and it was! but by one of my best friends she was still in elementary school and she was huddled up in a corrner crying, she said "m-my sister" then I said "what about your sister?" then she said "sh-she's dead" then I sat beside her and tryed to comfert her, then the telephone rung and somone that was in my class answerd and it was my mother! she was alive! so she said "Is Alana okay? Is she with you?" then my classmate said "yeah here she is" so then I picked up the phone and said "oh my god mom what the heck is happening!?" then she said "the worlds ending hunny sorry you had to find out this way" then I said "wait...what....you knew when the world was going to end!?" then she said "I didn't want you to freak out" then the phone shut off and we lost all electricity, the entire world did! but it looked like it was day time because of all of the explosions.
I said "we should do a head count" so we did and 3 kids were missing so we went outside and split up to try to find the 3 others, and 3 people stayed with my friend in my house...
I tryed to run to my neghbours house to see if anyone in my class may have ran there but when I went there it wasn't their house it was down-town! I didn't know what was happening, places were changing and I didn't know where anyone was I was surrounded by strangers, injured, poor, sad strangers! then I saw a light some sort but it was ghost white, so I went in it and I ended up dieing after I went in it I woke up....it felt so real, I told my family and friends about it and they said "maybe God is trying to tell you somthing" then I just said "yeah.." and then went on here and wrote all this

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
K I never had a end of the world dream before today. I've had the typical natural disaster dreams but this was crazy. Well it started off on my family saying we needed to leave so we all packed up as fast as we could and left to some place. It was like a glass house with like 500 to 600 people in there. We were all waiting for something when these huge massive waves started coming out of now where. We all found a place to hold on through these waves. A little while later a weird ship came. I guess it was what we were waiting for, they called for all the younger kids first then the rest of us piled in. This ship took us i guess in the ground or the hollow earth. I seen a alien that looked like a grey at some point, but the rest looked human. We were took to this huge place in the ground to stay. We were given food and water, even took us to go to school. Keep in mind this place had stars and everything just like our sky. I remember talking to some girl and that's how i found out we were on earth just inside of it. She talked about something about he people who wanted to be saved were saved. Then i woke up... any thoughts on this if anyone know how to analyze dreams i would love for you to do it to mine. This dream has been the weirdest by far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join