End of the World/Dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
About a year and a half ago I had a very vivid, very real dream about 'the end of the world'. As far as I can remember it began in the bottom of a huge ship and I was in this room where all of the walls were metal and you could see the bolts holding everything together and the room was knee deep in blood, or at least bloody water and the other people in the room were supposed to be world leaders from different countries and different ethnic backgrounds. They were all fighting and I was in a corner watching then I remember one of them had a knife and decided to come after me while I was talking to this woman in the room and he stabbed me in the back. Out of no where two Native Americans come down the stairs into the bottom of this huge ship and carry me off to a secret room and nurse me back to health. It was a father and his young son.....both dressed in leathers and such. The time span of this I don't understand, but then the dream jumped to this building in a forest...some type of housing building where all the women were upstairs and the men downstairs. All young. 15-25 year olds about. We were kept there, like animals, and the females were allowed no contact with the males....but we were guarded by some sort of military. At one point in this dream there was a line of us in white hospital gowns and we had to wait for our "examinations" and from the line you could see two hospital tables in an otherwise empty room and these doctors would run tests on you .......I didn't see myself go through a 'test' or anything but some of the other people were tortured and cried. After my it was over I was walking up another set of stairs to the level where the girls were and I saw a guy that I knew from high school with his hand cut off and some type of metal in its place. He told me they did it at his examination, but didn't tell me why. Behind him was a doorway to outside and you could see mother aged women standing outside begging to be let in or for their kids, kind of in a riot form yet unable to do anything. I was then in the hallway of the 'dorms' or whatever you wanted to call them. A group of people were trying to escape from this place and sneak out a side door to a car that was waiting for them. I was debating on whether or not I should go with them, last minute I didn't because I couldn't leave my sister behind...who suddenly appeared in the dream. Luckily I didn't go with them because soon after they left we heard an explosion from inside and the car, with my friends, had blown up. After that the girls remaining had to stand in a ling for some type of roll call and we were made to kneel and look downward. A man in a military uniform walked down the line saying things, very mean, but I knew him. It was as if i had known him BEFORE the world had come to whatever it was. WHen he left two soldiers took my sister into a room and locked the door and no matter what I could do I couldn't get in ......after that I didn't see her anymore and the dream jumped to me being in another room, all dark, and I could see these two women/girls whatever.....one naked the other clothed with the clothed woman holding the naked woman in a spooning fashion. Both beautiful women, suddenly the naked woman looked an odd, sick color, very skinny, and wrinkled......but even more weird.....her breasts had become deformed and each had two nipples. She was dying. It was like I wasn't in the room - just watching like one watches a TV show. THe last part of the dream....I was in my room staring out a huge window through this very different, mutated forest and on the other edge of the guarded forest was a road and I had a terrible feeling that I was supposed to be running across the forest to the road where someone was supposed to be waiting for me to take me away. I could not for the life of me get through the _ The forest was an orange/green color and all of the trees were thick, twisting, and.....furry. Kind of like a mold growing on them. It was not a scary, black looking kind of forest. Just like nothing I had never seen before. Although the dream jumps around often, I remember a lot of details very clearly. It was all the same dream, same night, same sequence, same place. I just don't understand the connections between all of it. What do you think?

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hi Stephanie,

Gut feelings on what you have posted:

Sounds to me to be a bit of a spiritual abduction scenario. The theme of forced containment in some hospital type environment...people trying desparately to escape...and people just 'appearing' in and out of the dream sequence...it just has that 'feel' to it.

Maybe try this: Next time it happens, just sit down and meditate in your dreams...ignore the surrounding melley...no matter what happens...just focus on meditating, centring yourself and realising what you are experiencing is not real. The dream sequence may become more erratic and threatening when you do this...people you know in your dream may die horribly, or may turn on you, or you may find yourself within a more immediately threathening situation to throw off your meditation...to distract you, shock you and keep you 'within the game'. Continue focusing on the internal...hopefully that will bring you out quicker/easier.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Alien, I appreicate the advice, but how can I meditate while I am sleeping? Not sure of that one......and why do you think I have dreams like those because I still don't understand what it could mean???

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
...how do you meditate within a dream??

What IS meditation essentially?? Its a matter of the mind...of the conscious and subconscious.
What then are dreams?? Again...a matter of the mind...conscious and subconscious.

When you see it that way...then meditating within dreams is somewhat easier...for you are ALREADY within a blend of the conscious/subconscious. You are already, in a way, existing in a mindspace separated from your physical self.

Its about controlling that...calming that...shutting out the surrounding environment (be it in real-life or in dreams) and quietening the mind.

What does it all mean...sorry...which I had the answer to that one, but I don't. I'm trying to find the answer to that one myself...all I know is that you aren't alone in experiencing these types of dreams.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I was a traveller from another time or place...the cities and buildings were laid to waste. I tried to convince the people where or when I came from by showing them things from a box of stuff that came with me...but basically it was all garbage...nothing relevant. The skies turned red and opened up...and Satan came down with his army of angels/demons. Let me say this...Satan was a beautiful angel...clad in white...as they walked through a group of people...their souls were taken and their bodies fell to the ground. My wife was there...younger in her years...and even my unborn daughter was there...and they both said..."I believe you". Then the skies opened up and Jesus came down with His legion after legion of angels...and took back the souls and defeated Satan and his army in no time at all.
That was my first real vivid prophetic dream.
Then this dream came to me. It was at night...and I was at work...I work nights by the way. I couldn't stand up....like the earth was moving beneath my feet. My daughter was standing next to me. A couple of meteors streamed through the skies...then another...and another. Soon...the whole sky was filled with them like it was dayt ime. People stood around in awe...not believing what they were witnessing...some people just fell to the ground crying and yelling. Then I woke.
And lastly...the world was in chaos...criminals ran free...and they worshipped machines and used them like Ouji boards. I was being kept captive in a small community of "bad guys" and they promised me safe passage out of their city if I would worship one of their machines...I refused. So they did "bad" things to me and my wife to prove their point. Even weirder...they would drive cars around a dirt track in a race...don't know what that was all about...machines competing I guess. My wife shows up saying that she has found a car and a way out of captivity. But suddenly...one of the "bad guys" shows up and stabs me in the gut...and I felt the pain...with my wife witnessing my demise. I woke screaming in pain...and never wanted to sleep again. But hey...I have had many more dreams like this...but these three stick out most in my mind.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Those dreams of yours seem to be extremely prolific and prophetic IMO...also seem quite creepy! We just really never know what the end is going to be like. I think sometimes certain dreams prepare us for what we or our generations we leave behind may have to endure and face. So I see nothing wrong with sharing dreams with others who are willing to listen and perhaps remember what 'could' happen in the future~
Notice how we can so much better deal with terrible terrible things we see and endure in dreams? Although, some dreams seem so so real that even when we wake up it takes us a long time to shake it off! And like these dreams mentioned here by myself and others/you...they stay with us for years...like our minds need to remember them.

Alot of my dreams seem so dramatic to me sometimes, like I think Gosh, that would make for a good movie or book LOL!

I had one dream a few years ago where I was staying in a beach house with a bunch of people/friends. It was night and a few of us were awake and talking...and one of the guys asked me to go for a walk on the beach with him, so we were walking along the water talking and not really paying attention...when I said "that's weird, I don't feel the water on my feet" and we looked down and it was gone! We could see in the distance that it was like sliding backwards(as though it was being sucked up) We could see all the sea life and stuff that normally hides under the water, just flapping around-it looked really odd...we continued to walk and talk(not really thinking anything of it??) and then I felt this cold cold air and then we were gasping for air-like we couldn't hardly breathe-a creepy silence came over us and we looked out in the distance where the water should have been and we saw a huge wall of water standing up for miles in the sky, it seemed. Everything was silenced and like frozen even we froze and then we started to run towards the beach house and kept looking back at the wall of water-we couldn't run fast enough like the sand was quicksand...we finally got to the house and we ran inside yelling for the others, but they were asleep and wouldn't wake up-almost like they couldn't hear us! I kept thinking were we the only ones to see this?? Anyway, then I woke up-or atleast don't remember what happened after that...that dream was very frightening to me..The water looked soooo creepy just standing there like a wall...oooh I get chills picturing it right now...

I've had a ton of different dreams like these...I swear I could write a whole thread full of dreams like this! As I'm sure many others could do as well..it does feel good to share them, even if they seem dumb to others-they can be quite scarey for the dreamer..and I love to hear about other peoples dreams and even compare them to some of my own-pretty freaky when they match up...

Magestica

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Mine always involve a hurricane, at times it's really intense and frightening. The only other was a dream where I was waiting in a large room and all the outside seemed to be lava and disintegrating rock. There was a door at the end of this room, but no-one seemed to want to go through it, everyone cried before they could walk through.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have had these dreams on and off for a few years now.
starting with basic zombie dreams which have now esculated into a large unstoppable flesh eating virus which i seem to be imune to.
usually starting off at a familiar location, then leading to unfamiliar territory where a mass exodus is taking place. i never seem to be in any danger but its strangly intense and scarey. i cant say it's a reacurring dream as they are all different. i'm sure i have weapons in these dreams but i can never remember using them on anyone or anything. somtimes they wake me in the night because they are so scarry but to be honest i enjoy them.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I remember a dream that I was sleeping, and an intense bright light had woken me up!
I had risen from my bed to look outside at this light, when I heard a very loud thundering voice that had said, "I am coming soon"!
Once the thundering voice had finished speaking, I felt a hand on my shoulder!
I turned my head to look at what just grabbed my shoulder, and all I had seen was the devil's red hand with claws...then I woke up!

I had what I thought was an end of the world dream!
All I can remember is, I am gazing at the clear star filled sky,
and the stars start to fall slowly, and disappear as they burn out!
I also remember seeing severe lightning, and a foggy haze starts to cover the place, and then it gets harder to breathe!
I remember seeing many ufo's hovering around, I ran into the house to nestle my children as the gases from the stars,or whatever it was took our breath away and the life from us...then I woke up!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have had several, but most had no religious conotations.

One dream I had when I was around 8 yrs old was really weird, but I woke up so refreshed! There was some type of object from the sky that was going to hit the earth and cause massive destruction. Everyone knew the exact time it was going to hit and everyone was sitting outside watching the sky. I'm not sure if it was some type of nuclear weapon or something not of this world. I am sure that it was a summer evening and the sky was orange and pink. There was a sense of peace that seemed to envelope the earth and an understood sense that nothing could be done to prevent the object from destroying everything. I looked at my watch, said "Its time.", looked at the sky and woke up.

Another dream I had a couple of years ago. Its wasnt so much the end of the world as it was the preceeding years before the end.....in a strange sort of way.

I just remember waking up to another day, using the bathroom, watching TV and what not. Then I realize I'm out of water! Water was a precious commodity since all of the fresh water supplies had evaporated. A gallon of water costed about $200 (pretty ironic since I used a toilet and brushed my teeth). Everyone lived underground, but you could travel above ground with special suits. The sun was extremely close to the earth and the rays were deadly. Stores were above ground but they had no windows. The sky was constantly orange, even at night. Night was the only time you could venture above ground without a suit. There were people in the store saying that the end was near because the sun was going to soon explode. I woke up and all I could say was wtf?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Does anyone want to go through here and find the common symbols or ideas within our dreams? If I have some time later I will, meanwhile, here's my addition to the discussion...

I'm standing around in a driveway with a bunch of my friends and one of them notices there are two moons. As everyone looks at those I scan my eyes around the sky and notice there are a lot more of them. Some were bigger than others and there were at least 8 of them. I didn't have time to count because I saw an enormous stone looking wheel. It's bottom was just under the horizon and was covered in symbols. They were very simple, like a few lines and a curve, no specific or known shapes that I could tell. It looked like writing of some kind. It had at least two, maybe three rings of the symbols. The largest ring I would guess had 12 rings because my recollection of the spacing and general number would require at least twelve. The next ring closest to the center had the same spacing but obviously fewer because of the smaller ring. There may have been another ring but I'm not sure. The center was a circle and had a symbol in it but I can't recall what.

The wheel ended up crashing into the earth and when we got up to see what happened the area that it hit had become ocean. Basically the house was the start of the water and the driveway was fine. The water and everything touching it was grey. In my head I could see a map of the United States and a chunk of California was fallen off/grey (I live in Texas though).

We found out there were these things people were calling "gargoyles". In my head I could see a video of one, it was skinny and the size of an 8 year old. I couldn't really see any wings but the next thing on the 'video in my head' was it hunting. I could see a large gorilla looking animal with an large white exposed jaw bone (weird, i just realized that it looked like those weird cattle mutilations where they remove the lips or whatever so that the whole jaw is exposed). It was running on a red looking ground, like in arizona with mesas in the background. As it ran a gargoyle swept in through the air and picked the gorilla off of the ground, like an eagle snatching a mouse. I was surprised at how the little thing picked up the 6 foot plus gorilla thing.

Next thing I remember I wake up in some random house basement, so that the window is very high (level with ground) and short. I could see the shadows of these gargoyles trying to get in the _ I reached up to bang on the glass but it didn't even flinch. There were two of them and a young child who looked about 7 or 8 years old. They just stared at me. I reached into a drawer next to me, trying to make it look like i had a gun, I even pointed my hands like a gun at them. They appeared to laugh and then they walked away. I apparently went back to sleep because I woke up again to a shadow at my _ This time I broke the glass with my hand and stabbed it's leg with a broken shard. When I cut him my vision magnified so that I could see the tip of the shard against it's skin, which took up my entire view. Nothing happened after that.

When I woke up (in my dream) I talked to my friends and learned that the grey stuff had collided in other areas and that it seemed to spread out and turn everything grey. It was also rapidly heating up the earth. Our plan was to drive north to Canada and try to live near the arctic. The weather would be better and it was remote so maybe we could survive undisturbed. I woke up in real life while we were driving.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The strangest experience, or dream, or whatever you'd call it happened at Disneyworld of all places, on my senior class trip. I have to state that I was awake, and sober, (dammit..
). We'd just gotten through with the spaceship earth ride, and walked to the bottom of the exit, when I experienced the weirdest thing.

I looked around, and the park was empty. Everything looked as if it hadn't been visited in a long time. There were vines and rust all over the rides, and weeds were coming up through the walkways. All of a sudden, I felt the ground moving, and big fissures started appearing in the ground. I watched them widening out, and the ground kept moving. I looked at the sky, and it was grey, but cloudless. The sun was in the sky, but it was sort of dim. The sky started getting black cracks in it, and strings of jet black started coming down from the cracks. I could hear some very loud sound that I can't describe, but it just churned my guts. Then it's like everything "shifted", and I was back at the bottom of the exit ramp, and the girl that I was with was looking at me very strangely. She said, "For a second, you looked like you were 900 years old.". That happened in 1984, and I'll never forget it. Dunno what was going on there, but I was 18, and the furthest thing from my mind was the end of the world. I mean, I was in Disneyworld for cryin' out loud.

Now I've had some nuclear strike dreams in the past couple of years, and they feel very real, but I know that when I'm asleep, my mind wanders, but that waking dream was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. The nuclear blast dreams are just that to me, dreams... I mean, who would nuke Asheville?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
mine are completely different.
I always end up flying no matter what scenario the end of the world is in.
id be at the shops when a hurling meteorite crushes the old lady in front of me, i stat running to the edge of a tall cliff by the sea so then i fly away.
and then wake up.
cool huh

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by offtheheezay

Everytime I fly in a dream and someone like Freddy K. is trying to get me, I'm like, "YaY, I can fly and he can't reach me!"
Then my flying powers fail and I am real low to the ground, and he comes to get me, as soon as he tries to cut me, I get higher, it really gets my adrenaline pumping!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

I can understand why things like this are important for human beings, but what I do not understand is that why do we always have to believe that such dreams actually predict something.

Almost all humans will see a dream about end of something, great catastrophe or any similar things. We have 6.5 billion people on earth, all dreaming one third of their life. This pretty much means that absolutely every single day somebody sees dreams like these, yet nothing happens. And when something does happen, we have a guarantee that somebody DID see a dream about it.

I think it is all just about propability for any human to dream about something versus the propability that somebody does have those dreams before something happens. That's all there is to it, I think.

I challenge everybody here to reason against my arguments with logic, I want to know if it is even possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

One of the best sources to look for common symbols in our cultures and reams is Carl G. Jung - Mankind and his symbols. Its a rather large book, but well worth the read for anybody who wants to truly understand these things.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I HAD A END OF THE WORLD DREAM LAST NIGHT. IT WAS VERY INTENSE. I STARTED TO SEE AL THESE WIERD THINGS IN THE SKY. IT FELT LIKE IF THE SKY WANTED TO FALL, THEN I SAW LIKE BALLS OF FIRE COMING DOWN LIKE RAIN. I WAS REALLY SCARED. I STARTED TO THINK ABOUT ALL OF MY SINS, I DON'T HAVE TO MANY THOUGH LOL. THEN I SAW JESUS LOOKING AT THE EARTH AND HE LOOKED REALLY SAD. SO, I THOUGH THERE IN THE DREAM THAT HE WANTED TO TELL ME SOMETHING LIKE BE READY THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END SOON

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
see my end of the world dreams are differant. in my dreams i know it is happening. the whole world is in a panic. we all know what is happening, so we are getting ready for it. people are running trying to get away. even though they know they can't. when we look in the sky it is black. there is no sun, no clouds. everyone then falls and begins to pray. i never see what happens next. i wake up in a cold sweat.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, I'm very happy that I'm not the only one who's had this. I experienced what seemed to be an "end of the world" dream last night that went pretty quickly. I don't have intricate and long dreams that I remember.... but I thought this was pretty odd. I was sitting in my room looking out the window when this HUGE ball of darkness, almost as if it were like a giant meteor, started taking over the sky. I just remember immediately praying (oddly enough I'm not too religious), and was just freaking out.... right as it started to explode... it ended.

I know it was dumb, but I wanted to share.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join