It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hanoi jane Says Vietnamese Visit Was a Betrayal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

"NEW YORK — Jane Fonda (search) says her 1972 visit to a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun site, an incident that brought her the nickname "Hanoi Jane," (search) was a "betrayal" of American forces and of the "country that gave me privilege."

"The image of Jane Fonda, 'Barbarella,' Henry Fonda's daughter ... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal ... the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine," Fonda told Leslie Stahl in a "60 Minutes" interview that will air Sunday night.

www.foxnews.com...

Thought I would never live to see this day. Now what am I gonna do with those 10,000 hanoi jane pistol targets?

Still don't wipe out all the torture prisoners endured after this stunt, but at least she admitted her mistake. Godbless you jane.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is she finally growing up? Took long enough!
Well ... at least she apologized and admitted she was wrong.
Now she has to make reparations.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Is she finally growing up? Took long enough!
Well ... at least she apologized and admitted she was wrong.
Now she has to make reparations.

I think since her ex-hubby Teddy Turner (Mr CNN) gave 1 BILLION dollars to the UN she should have ME appointed to special ambassator to the UN for the shutdown process. It would take me about 20 minutes to make it happen and turn out the lights as everyone left the building. Is 20 minutes too long?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
She was right after all. I think she is trying to run for a political office, hence the "reflection."

If anyone had listen to the ditzy blonde, there would be about thirty thousand less US servicemen and about a couple million Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodians. Oh well, Traitor!!!!

If a german citizen had stood up to Hitler, would they also be called a traitor thirty five years after the fact?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by IComeWithASword]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A little late for her IMO.

This should have been done years ago and I kinda doubt the sincerety of it at this late date.

But then I am biased on this

new topics

top topics

join