It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the U.S. by the Koran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1111980180248

it be embarrasing if it did not come on 2007. the Koran would be a lie thanks to the cleric. i prefer the Koran stays out as neutral since it is a book of belief like the Bible interpreted by believers instead being used to predict end of nations or religions or unbelievers.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Koran may as well be a comic book as far as its ability to predict the future. It was written by a man and that’s it.

The Koran contradicts itself over and over again, how can anything coherent at all come from any document like this?

BAH! The Koran, Bible, whatever, they are books of hate. Hate those who do not believe. These books predict nothing but violence and hate.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There was a huge thread on this yesterday in another forum. Pretty interesting. I think people should bring up prophecies from other text more often.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How can people take words on a book as actual fact, come-on these books were all written by ordinary people. There is noting unique about them its all a bunch of BS, do you know how may tie people have predicted the return of Christ thought history? I am baffled why people believe this crap.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
How can people take words on a book as actual fact, come-on these books were all written by ordinary people. There is noting unique about them its all a bunch of BS, do you know how may tie people have predicted the return of Christ thought history? I am baffled why people believe this crap.

What do you believe in westy?
Do you believe in the constitution?
In the american law?
In the service values?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't believe in god or religion if that is what you are asking.

How can you believe in it its a law you don't believe laws, they are necessary for a civilized world.

In the american law?

What is the American law?

In the service values?

I believe in serving our country and protecting it.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
In the american law?
In the service values?

And the same question can be likewise asked of you or virtually anyone else.
Your point, devilwasp was what? To question someone who may feel differently from you? Seems he has responded to your inquisition type questioning, you care to respond to me asking you the same as you asked WestPoint23?

seekerof

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Before I start I just want to say This isnt any kind of "dig" or any attempt to hurt/offend/insult or be negative to any person....just trying to answer in my humble perception...

I don't believe in god or religion if that is what you are asking.

Wasnt quite what I was asking but along those lines..
I was meaning do you believe in say the values of the core or believe in your country?

How can you believe in it its a law you don't believe laws, they are necessary for a civilized world.

Well do you believe those laws are right?
I mean do you believe say thr right to own firearms is ok or wrong?

What is the American law?

The laws you obey...or is that just the consitution?

I believe in serving our country and protecting it.

Ah right...now I've got a link (this in no way is meant as insulting or anyway negative westy just trying to show you how(IMHP) religion works)
Damm this is hard..
Right, you believe in the service/corps values and regs right?
Well the same goes for say the ten commandments....the service values were written by normal people werent they?
Same with the ten commandments (supposedly)

Why do you believe in rules set down hundreds of years ago?
Because you think they are right, the same with people think of religion because they think its right..

Am I makeing any sense with this?

Originally posted by Seekerof
And the same question can be likewise asked of you or virtually anyone else.

Yes I could be asked the same questions and anyone who wishes to do so is welcome to do so...I was just trying to get a refrence point, I relise now that the tone of those questions was far too....agressive I think the word would be..

Your point, devilwasp was what?

Explained above....

To question someone who may feel differently from you?

Question everything...but thats another story and another thread...as I said before was just trying to get a "link"..

Seems he has responded to your inquisition type questioning, you care to respond to me asking you the same as you asked WestPoint23?

Yes he has and answered quite excellently I might add, I am sorry for the late reply of this I have been rather....distrated and forgot about this thread...
My humble apologies..

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Wasnt quite what I was asking but along those lines..
I was meaning do you believe in say the values of the core or believe in your country?

Values are different for every person mine are different from yours so its an objective view. I don't agree with everything my country does.

Well do you believe those laws are right?
I mean do you believe say thr right to own firearms is ok or wrong?

I don't agree with some of the laws in the U.S. but for the most part I thin they are right, especially the second amendment.

The laws you obey...or is that just the consitution?

The constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and other laws are branched out form it and cannot violate it.

Right, you believe in the service/corps values and regs right?

Yes I believe in those.

Well the same goes for say the ten commandments....the service values were written by normal people werent they?

Why do you believe in rules set down hundreds of years ago?
Because you think they are right, the same with people think of religion because they think its right..

I mostly agree with the ten commandments but that's not the issue. I don't have a problem with people that follow it, I just don't agree with the people that think it came from good or that everything, that everything's controlled by god and all the after life stuff.
If the constitution said follow these laws because its gods will or you will not go to heaven, I would still follow the laws but I would not give a damn about the part about heaven and god.
See what I’m trying to say? Your trying to compare me believing the laws and people believing in god its two different things devil.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1111980180248

it be embarrasing if it did not come on 2007. the Koran would be a lie thanks to the cleric. i prefer the Koran stays out as neutral since it is a book of belief like the Bible interpreted by believers instead being used to predict end of nations or religions or unbelievers.

I agree with you. Like the bible, the koran is baloney. The dangerous thing is that fundamentalist believers may read these texts and induce the events themselves. Like following the scripts in a play. That's what I'm scared of.

More and more I am seeing that extremist Islamists are no different from extremist Christians and vice versa.

xu

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
since this post has the same subject with the other one, I'll post it here as well:

couple of years ago there was a live discussion show on TV here in turkey. the guest was a writer who wrote a book named "Kur’an-i Kerim’in Sifresi" which translates "the code of Khoran". actually the man wasn't a writer but a mathematician who analyzed the book in terms of code breaking, mathematics and numerology etc.

I do not recall much of his other sayings but I recall one clearly because it had the words both asteroid and NASA in it.

The man said that in year 2006 an asteroid over 1 km radius will impacts the pasific near america (it could also be atlantic though). And later on there was a discussion about a call from NASA to this man to work for NASA. The guy was looking very convinced about what he was saying.

I remember he was very disturbed about the reactions he got from the religious society and he was saying that if he knew the reactions he would get, he wouldn't write the book. He was very troubled actually, because for some muslims around, playing around with a holy book by using a calculator was no good obviously. He was trying to explain himself that he meant no harm to the book and muslim beliefs and by doing what he did he thought he was serving the holiness of the book but I guess he continued to get death threats.

He also said his notes was manipulated by the publisher before printing, so overall things were a mess. but as I said the asteroid and the NASA part was very clear. I didn't read his book, and not heard any news about him, I searched the subject on google, but the ones that contain NASA and the asteroid don't work, even the google cached pages give error.

note: the guy was not a religion man or a radical, just your ordinary mathematician working in a university.

if you want to look it up the books name is "Kur'an-i Kerim'in Sifresi" by the writer "Ömer Çelakil" printed in 2002 (so this is older then the jewish version?)

My opinion is neutral, I personally believe end of the world prophecies are BS, as any other prophecy is.(except global warming). But since I do not know how this man came up with this idea by analyzing a book, I cant tell for sure.

This post is just to say "there is something like this also"

I remember at the time I suspected that the real cause of the iraq war could be to secure enough land piece other than current america in case of a natural disaster.l

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I mostly agree with the ten commandments but that's not the issue. I don't have a problem with people that follow it, I just don't agree with the people that think it came from good or that everything, that everything's controlled by god and all the after life stuff.

Interesting perspective there. I say that because it's always been my opinion that the most damage comes from those "people that follow" instead of the "people who think". Especially in cases like this where it directly effects peoples lives everywhere.

I mean, who gives a crap what someone else believes or thinks as far as Morals, God, Afterlife, etc. What causes the problem is all the "following", especially if they follow it without even being in agreement with it.

Which brings us to your next comment:

If the constitution said follow these laws because its gods will or you will not go to heaven, I would still follow the laws but I would not give a damn about the part about heaven and god.

How does that makes any sense??? First of all, if it said "follow these laws because it's gods will" and as you said you don't believe in god, then why follow them?? You assume that those laws are actually correct and good for you and others, but what if it said "The Constitution hereby states that all politicians can rape, steal and murder while the citizens have the right to be slaves and shut the hell up."

You see what I'm getting at here??? Simply following something makes someone into a Machine and not a living person. Now obviously I realize that someone who has a system of belief that is destructive is also just as dangerous. However, the person of no belief system at all that just does what their told is possibly even worse and is IMO already dead, except they continue to be animated.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Values are different for every person mine are different from yours so its an objective view. I don't agree with everything my country does.

I agree they are diffrent for everyone else but I was just trying to get a link.

I don't agree with some of the laws in the U.S. but for the most part I thin they are right, especially the second amendment.

The same goes for the ten commandments with anyone who believes in that god..

The constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and other laws are branched out form it and cannot violate it.

Ah right..thanks for clearing that up.

Yes I believe in those.
[/qutoe]
I think I have explained above where I was going with this so no need to comment...if you dont mind me asking what service values is it you follow?

Thats your opinion and your right to decide that and I respect it.

See what I’m trying to say?

Yes for once I think we have actually reached an "understanding"....

Your trying to compare me believing the laws and people believing in god its two different things devil.

Not so different as you would believe westy....They believe in gods law the same way as you believe in the constitution...I was just trying to show you one angle of this picture....I hope I have done so....

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How does that makes any sense??? First of all, if it said "follow these laws because it's gods will" and as you said you don't believe in god, then why follow them?? You assume that those laws are actually correct and good for you and others, but what if it said "The Constitution hereby states that all politicians can rape, steal and murder while the citizens have the right to be slaves and shut the hell up."

Actually I have read the constitution and I agree with most of the laws, If it said all that other stuff then I would not follow them because it conflicts with my moral view NOT my religious one as I don't believe in religion. And I don't consider morals as religion.

You see what I'm getting at here??? Simply following something makes someone into a Machine and not a living person. Now obviously I realize that someone who has a system of belief that is destructive is also just as dangerous. However, the person of no belief system at all that just does what their told is possibly even worse and is IMO already dead, except they continue to be animated.

So you don't follow laws you make up your own? And I have morals I don't just do what I’m told if I disagree with something then I’m no doing it. However like I said before morals to me don't equal religion of belief in god.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually I have read the constitution and I agree with most of the laws, If it said all that other stuff then I would not follow them because it conflicts with my moral view NOT my religious one as I don't believe in religion. And I don't consider morals as religion.

So you don't follow laws you make up your own? And I have morals I don't just do what I’m told if I disagree with something then I’m no doing it. However like I said before morals to me don't equal religion of belief in god.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Allah can't even help his people win wars and you beleive this?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
Allah can't even help his people win wars and you beleive this?

Nethier does god help people win wars....or dont you remember WW1?

new topics

top topics

join