It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soho enigma - Very latest photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
WHEN WAS THAT Mike Murray VIDEO TAKEN?

January 2003.

Originally posted by _Uforia_
I have one question....how is it that these alien craft can flight so close to the sun without being instantly incinerated?

Maybe they are high energy crafts (check David Sereda theory).

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would think that these objects are a real phenomena. Are they vehicles? Who knows. I think some of them are flaws in the CCD because the picture shows it perfectly level. how would the space craft know what position the camera was in to match its horizontal horizon?

This does not mean that ALL the objects are flaws.

I am sure that there are many objects in orbit around the sun. Are they vehicles? Who knows. I like to keep an open mind, but until one makes a right angle turn, I am thinking they are not under intelligent control.

I think we are not alone in the Universe. If they are here and came from light years away, they would be so advanced that they might consider us insects. They would have their fingers on the pulse of space-time. I doubt they would have anything to say to us. What would we say to an ant walking across a sidewalk? It would be a compliment for them to categorize us as apes.

Just my two cents. What are my two cents worth? About 2 cents, if that, depending on the exchange rate.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
You see the trail? Its way too straight to be an erruption from the sun. Also if this would be an asteroid or comet...he would have been burned up way before he gets so close. Also the trail should be more orbit and elipse like....the very high gravitiy of the sun would surely have an impact on something so close and 'uncontroled'. A CCD error should create the same sort of trail in front of the object...but there is none.

An interesting picture indeed. Good find!

The picture appears to be taken as a hydrogen alphaphotograph and, if so, the object must, presumably, be radiating it's own light, as it is clearly visible against the "glow" of the solar disc, as opposed to it being rendered invisible by the overwhelming "glow" from the Sun itself?? Now, if sunspots are around 4600K in temperature, does this mean that the object and it's trail are of a similar temperature?? And, if it is, then is it conceivable that any beings onboard could exist (not accounting for the intense radiation presuambly present as well)?

Just a thought....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I would think that these objects are a real phenomena. Are they vehicles? Who knows. I think some of them are flaws in the CCD because the picture shows it perfectly level. how would the space craft know what position the camera was in to match its horizontal horizon?

This does not mean that ALL the objects are flaws.

I am sure that there are many objects in orbit around the sun. Are they vehicles? Who knows. I like to keep an open mind, but until one makes a right angle turn, I am thinking they are not under intelligent control.

I think we are not alone in the Universe. If they are here and came from light years away, they would be so advanced that they might consider us insects. They would have their fingers on the pulse of space-time. I doubt they would have anything to say to us. What would we say to an ant walking across a sidewalk? It would be a compliment for them to categorize us as apes.

Just my two cents. What are my two cents worth? About 2 cents, if that, depending on the exchange rate.

But ants are not intelligent. Intelligent civilizations are probobly few and far between in our galaxy. I think they would visit us and hopefully make contact.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover

Originally posted by AlfredENewman

OK,I'll have another stab at this one: IF the SOHO images ARE those of genuine UFO's, how come they are released on "official" (NASA) websites at all?? Because of the close monitoring of such photo's (as you suggest) before being uploaded, wouldn't it be easier to simply "lose" them instead and not make them available in the public domain??

My theory on this is that some poor bastards are responsible at NASA sorting out all those pictures. I think it simply slipped through...no computer can do this work and human eyes get tired from time to time. Another thought was that someone posted it willing to show it to everybody. Maybe some bored and underpayed NASA employee.

In that case i like to remember one case of a secretary at some secret service agency i once heard about...every time she had to copy secret documents she somehow managed to make another copy for herself.
They found out fast but that shows its possible.

As soon as someone works some time at a certain place..people start to trust him and errors can easily occur unnoticed. Especially if you are responsible for sorting millions of SOHO photos lol.

By the way i found the very interesting photo i was talking about earlier. I scaled the interesting part and copied it into the main picture for better visibility.

You see the trail? Its way too straight to be an erruption from the sun. Also if this would be an asteroid or comet...he would have been burned up way before he gets so close. Also the trail should be more orbit and elipse like....the very high gravitiy of the sun would surely have an impact on something so close and 'uncontroled'. A CCD error should create the same sort of trail in front of the object...but there is none.

Funny thing is that a lot of these pretty real photos where captured and received from SOHO by a spanish business man with his own gigantic radio dish and a favor for astronomy. He just adjusted it so he was able to receive the SOHO datastreams too. It were also his photos which led NASA to the camera error statement and later to the comet/asteroid theory. This photo was NEVER released to public by NASA as far as i know. There are lots more of them!

Anyway it´s hard to tell...for me personal this photo was the cause i considered some of these photos to show real UFOs.

First off, nice pic. However, I must admit that I'm a little skeptical as to what it is. I think it could be a very man-made satellite doing some sort of routine test on the sun, as in sending a probe into it to get data on it. The government does a lot of things that we regular citizens do not know about.

Another thing; it's really hard to determine any kind of reference from the pics that SOHO took with that object in them, so we don't know at what angle the object was in relation to the Sun. It could very well be arcing towards the sun, and SOHO was in just the right spot to see it appearing to go straight in.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

OK,I'll have another stab at this one: IF the SOHO images ARE those of genuine UFO's, how come they are released on "official" (NASA) websites at all??

I believe it is part of the very slow program to make the public aware of the existance of UFO´s. Offcourse, they also deny it, but if they wouldn´t do that, things would go too fast.

I think that reports of observed UFOs have skyrocketed in the last years. I remember such a thread anyway not long ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
sephiroth,

In my book if you've ever watched Ants
and the way they go about their 'business'
it would be difficult to not recognize them as
intelligent.

there's a great poem by Robert Frost--Departmental,
re: Ants, as well.

I like the theory of crafts harvesting somesuch from the Sun.

(great pic of the B2, btw>) Hangover can you give more detail

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
(posted by Diseria - Wo's g/f)

As far as I understand, in respect to the original lasco pics, the 'saucers' are the different planets. WO looked it up because we freaked out one night looking at a lasco vid and found out that the disc was really Mercury.

(Honestly, I'd say double check what planets would be in orbit at the time the discs were seen just to double check and cross that possibility off the list.)

-Dis

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread but I noticed something in the latest SOHO images.

I assume you all remember this case:

SOHO got this one 30th of January:

You can see the similarity.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't think those are really UFOs. Most probably some weird reflections of the stars, camera lens related anomalies or a swamp gas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join