It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Black Labyrinth APRIL Fool

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wait...

What?!

*stands dumbfounded*

I'm with frayed1 on this... I don't think that this was right...
All the countless hours of work I put into this game have gone to waste. What am I suppose to do now? Personally I don't think it was funny, but, I will all too soon get over it.

_df

]

[edit on 3-4-2005 by DarkFlame]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That no words can explain. We are all in a Black Labyrinth right now whether you’re aware of it or not!

Duh! And I sought a bit of escape from my personal black / bleak labyrinth by diving into the diversion offered up here. I get aplenty of woe in the real world / labyrinth....that gets blacker each day, it seems, whether anyone else is aware of it or not!

My mistake.....I assumed too much, I suppose. Guess I better just shut up before some one tells me I'm whining.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
did i win???

i don't get this thread...

was it a joke???

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
did i win???

i don't get this thread...

was it a joke???

What was your answer to BL? And yes, Tablet said that the poems were just ideas on the game, so theoretically we haven't even started working on the actual game.

_df

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
My mistake.....I assumed too much, I suppose. Guess I better just shut up before some one tells me I'm whining.

I agree with your first post sentiments on page 1.
It is not a mistake you made. And you are not whining IMO.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by smirkley]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sorry for the trouble that the Lupus Labyrinth have caused. I am deeply sorry about this Planned fools that were started way back in October 2004 after two weeks that the link appeared on both site.

To save anymore headhace, ignore all that I said on Black Labyrinth. The April fools should have ended on April first.

I am not impersonating anyone and rest assured it will NEVER happen again.

again, we don't know if everything you need is on that site. I'll take back all the fact and theory stated in on this thread to save the misinterpretation about the game.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by tablet]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tablet
this game by default is cryptic and there’s no introduction, no guide nothing. Just a link on both site that link you to www.blacklabyrinth.com

Indeed, you can't even be sure if something is part of the game or not. All that is 'known' is that there are ATS sponsored games and that one was supposed to have started around the time the bl link at the bottom of everypage appeared. Outside of that, lupus copy, ice wolf, anyone might not have anything to do with it in anyway, or they might be absolutely essential.

In other words, Cow_file and Lupus copy was our Labyrinth and the members here have been playing our Labyrinth instead of the actual Labyrinth which is BL.

Ah, well, you guys are just a bunch of dickheads then.

that’s why we throw in what we thought was relevant to BL into the poems (to contribute)

So what does the techno-shamanism website cited in one of the Lupus copy poems have to do with it?
Also, the previous games seemed to be played openly by a number of people. However, I think that perhaps find the rings tapped the site of its membership that is competent of solving these sorts of things, and that that is why there doesn't appear to have been any progress on BL.

IF we didn’t do this, by now we still doubt whether BL is a game or not.

I think its rather obvious that the game started a while ago. THe appearance of the link, and the fact that it started spining, and also the fact that admin isn't saying 'we're going to start that new game any day now' should've sufficed.

We are here to play a game of Black Labyrinth with the ATS members.

Are you here to help solve the game/win it or just to dick people around?

I am honest and sincere about this thread, if there’s something you do not understand or want to know on our part, let me know.

Why don't the two of you openly contribute to the game for now then? The find the rings game had people setting up web pages to try to serve as a clearinghouse of information and such. There are probably a few dozens 'steps' to this game no? So anyone playing, assuming that they aren't almost finished with it, would benefit by sharing their information, because they'd get information in turn from it.

We all have theory about BL. This game needs more facts than theory so far we only got one fact

Alright, so whats the theory?

You've said you have nothing, other than that its a game.

Fact: Everything you need to know is at the BL main site.

This is not known. I recall hearing that in the FtR game, that some stuff would be on other websites only for a certain amount of time (thats the really disturbing part, what if the game is literally unsolvable at this point). But the BL website can't be said to be all that is needed.

You’re not wasting time, you’re experiencing Black Labyrinth!!

People were experiencing a little trick you and another poster created. Its part of the game in as much as its something that happened in gameplay, sure.

I’m a digital artist, I use tablet to do most of my studying

So why have the two of you not been able to get any of this steganographic information out then?
Don't mean that to be insulting, what I mean is, if you have decent experience with manipulating and creating these sorts of files (not the codes necessarily tho), then why haven't you made any headway?
Perhaps you were trying the steganography on a hunch, rather than any definitive thing, and its just been a dead end?

Also, at this point we can say that that website you guys had sited is completely meaningless no? I mean, you said you figured one thing out, that the game had started, and that you 'passed on info' in the poems, (even tho you have no info) so that whole 'i ching' stuff is a waste no?
At least that confirms that it doesn't work.

So what now eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There is no question on the BL site. Just exactly what are you trying to solve? Its the equivalent of staring at a rock in your backyard and trying to find out its meaning.

Surely if it was a game there'd be a set of rules and a riddle/question?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
There is no question on the BL site. Just exactly what are you trying to solve? Its the equivalent of staring at a rock in your backyard and trying to find out its meaning.

Surely if it was a game there'd be a set of rules and a riddle/question?

thats the thing, there are no rules, there is no 'question'. Look at the Find the Rings game.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm glad you guys finally came out. I knew you guys were messing with us, but I couldn't figure out if you were "in on it." Why? Well, just read the
Terms And Conditions Of Use
, specifically # 4 and #9:

General Rules for Participation In Games/Promotions Where Prizes Are Offered

-4- Staff members and family of staff members (moderators, super moderators, administrators, and any other user of the staff-only forum) are prohibited from participating.

-9- Any member discovered mimicking actual game clues, came personalities, or any other aspect of any Game, Promotion, Sweepstakes or other prize-offering event who are not authorized to do so will face immediate ejection from all access to the AboveTopSecret.com domains and forfeit any and all game prizes that have been awared but not yet shipped.

Why didn't you guys get banned?

Anyway,

I have taken a somewhat literal approach to BL. I am treating it as a labyrinth. Playing around with the BlackLabyrinth image, I extracted this:

For more info on what I'm talking about: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It bears a striking resemblence to the Labyrinth at Notre Dame de Chartres

This is a great site: check it out if you're interested in my take on it!!! www.kensmen.com...

Here is a 7-circuit variant

I also ran across this cool page but I don't know any German:
12koerbe.de...
This person disects the Chartres Labyrinth and it looks cool.

I am basing my research on two criteria: 1) that the BlackLabyrinth is an actual labyrinth of sorts and 2) that there is more than one labyrinth (if you click and hold one non-rotating BL image over another non-rotating BL image, and ever so slightly rotate the image you're holding, the same effect of a swirling/rotating BL is produced, suggesting to me that there is more than one labyrinth).

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang
... will face immediate ejection from all access to the AboveTopSecret.com domains...

Why didn't you guys get banned?

Well, it says "face" banning, not "will be banned". Like at work, a "terminatable offense" doesn't always result in termination.

Seems to set a bad precedent to me, though. Since any member could be part of a game, what happens the next game if someone posts what appear to be clues?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We are all grown up people here but sometime us two have this childish side where we like to pull stunt. This is an April fools gone bad stunt. The experiment to test the outcome, unfortunately it’s not how we expected it to end.

Human characters are so unpredictable and we’ve miscalculated. And we realized that we’ve started a domino effects, something which no man have controls over.

I see all the points people made here in this thread… this whole stunt shouldn’t even be allowed.

But at no point did either of us say that these were definitive clues. Just like when any other member posts a link to a site or something they think is helpful it doesn't necessarily mean that it is part of the game. Just because Lupus spoke in rhyme doesn't mean he was part of any "game" in fact if you look closely he posted in several other threads (introductions and dark days) in the exact same style. Just to re-capp, Lupus never said he was part of any game.

And all along I’ve played along to carry out this April test, and also stated that us two are not part of BL. I guess our mysterious poems and behavior is what makes people thought that we’re part of the game. Paranoia.

Also I didn’t check the game FAQ, so that’s another mistake on my part plus the fact that I’m new to ATS and haven’t follow any previous game. There will be no next time for us, we will not pull anymore stunt. This is our first and final.

Considering what SkepticOverloard talked about on the Black Band, I feel that we should put this April fools to rest for if we continue we’ll end up falling into the trap of the Black Band.

I came here to lift the Lupus Labyrinth and remove it. So that it doesn’t cause anymore headache and trouble in the future.

I hope no one ever attempt this stunt again, we know it’s rather silly but we started it and somehow must end it. And so this is how it ended.

- tablet

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tablet
But at no point did either of us say that these were definitive clues.

Oh, I see. And real clues from the admins are going to be posted in flashing yellow 20-point bold surrounded by arrows marked, "This is an actual clue!" are they?

That's just really annoying.

Nezuji

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I find it hard to see the tablet i meet on ID , with the one here, do you rember
the talk we had about Dr.Jim game, how none of this stuff was for you ?,
i wonder if i have those on the harddrive someplace, it's been quite awile,
but the tablet i meet on Id was in no way going to even get what was going on,
let alone pulling a joke like this yo , i really don't think your the same peep, yo
no one would know unless hey they talked to you so long ago.........so who are
you really, one more member who is like 6 diff peeps yo , heheh hahaha
i like the game here but BS is never what any of us want yo!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What happened to Fiorinia's post??? What did she/he do that was worse than the false clues tablet and lupus copy posted?????

top topics

<< 1   >>

join