It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we all say a prayer for the Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Pope John Paul..then.....

and Now...........

We all know by now I guess that the pope, is not going to last much longer. He is fading fast. The Vatican has never used the words they used, and it is so saad, yes he is dying and I pray and hope you will all pray too that he does not suffer and that if it is his time to go, that the Lord will take him quickly.

Here are some facts about the pope.

catholicism.about.com...

1. The birth name of Pope John Paul II is Karol Jozef Wojtyla. He was born May 18, 1920 at Wadowice, Poland.

2. Growing up, he was a great student and very athletic. He liked to play soccer, backpack, hike, and he wanted to have a career in theater. In 1942, he thought he might want a career in the religious life. In 1946, he was ordained a priest.

3. When he was 58, he became the Catholic Pope John Paul II. It was on October 16, 1978. He was the first Polish pope and also the first non-Italian pope since Pope Adrian VI in 1522.

4. Pope John Paul II can speak eight languages. He learned Spanish after becoming the Pope. He also travelled more than any Pope in history.

5. He has been an advocate for human rights for years. He wants world peace, and he has been actively trying to help the world acheive peace.

6. Pope John Paul II added the Luminous mysteries to the Rosary.

7. He has spoke out against abortion, artificial birth conrol, and euthanasia several times. He believes these things are not good in the world.

8. Time magazine called Pope John Paul II the Man of the Year in 1994.

9. Pope John Paul II has Parkinson's disease, but he still continues to write books explaining his faith. The best seller, "Crossing the Threshold of Hope," are answers from the Pope to questions from an Italian journalist.

Name: The birth name of Pope John Paul II is Karol Jozef Wojtyla. He was born May 18, 1920 at Wadowice, Poland.

Childhood & Education: Growing up, he was a great student and very athletic. He liked to play soccer, backpack, hike, and he wanted to have a career in theater. In 1942, he thought he might want a career in the religious life. In 1946, he was ordained a priest.

Religious Life: When he was 58, he became the Catholic Pope John Paul II. It was on October 16, 1978. He was the first Polish pope and also the first non-Italian pope since Pope Adrian VI in 1522.
Languages: Pope John Paul II can speak eight languages. He learned Spanish after becoming the Pope. He also travelled more than any Pope in history.

Assassination Attempt: In 1981, there was an assassination attempt on the Pope. He was shot, but he recovered. In 1983, he had a private meeting with the man who shot him.

10. Important Dates:

1920 - Born in Poland on May 18
1946 - Ordained a priest
1954 - Appointed professor of ethics at Catholic University of Lublin
1964 - Appointment as resident Archbishop of Krakow
1978 - Chosen by the College of Cardinals to lead the Roman Catholic Church.
1981 - Was shot by an assassin
1983 - Met with the assassin but the conversation was confidential

Prayer for Pope John Paul II

Roman Catholic Prayer for the Health of the Pope
In the religion Roman Catholicism, The Pope is the leader. Pope John Paul II has been well respected and loved. Catholics should pray for his health and well being.
Jesus, please wrap Your loving arms around our Pope John Paul II. Guide him and give him strength. Be with him when he's sick, troubled, or needs support. The Pope guides Your people, Lord. Help him everyday to follow Your will. Thank you. Amen.
AMen
catholicism.about.com...

JAK

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Kind thoughts angeleyes101, and I know that someone who doesn't hold any particular faith has offered a prayer.

Now that is something nice and caring a wonderful example of tolerance and compassion shared between people of different beliefs, and something I believe is desperately needed here on ATS of late.

This Pope is unwell and that's what he would like, a prayer. So despite his personal standpoint that is what the individual done, very respectful

That person has risen even further in my eyes. Kudos to them.

Nice post angeleyes.

Jack

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thank You Jak....i am humbled by your kind words....and don't deserve them, you are such a kind man..........now look you got me crying.....lol

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You dun a good thing, (don't cry).

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
3000 people died in last weeks Earthquake, 100's upon 100's of people are getting raped, killed, murdered every day....and yet a man who did nothing about the tolerence of homosexuals and reinforced non use of contraception is on the verge of death and were all supposed to pray for him.

While your praying for the soul of old John Paul...It may be worth considering other people in the world who have not had the luxuries and privlages afforded by the Potif.

Death by old age and Infirmity is not a tragedy..It's a fact of life and at least he can die with dignity lying on crisp clean sheets and being attended too by the best doctors collection money can buy.....other people are not so lucky and they need your prayers far more then the Pope does.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
EDIT: How about a little caring for the Pope. You don't have to be religous to care a bit.

Thanks much.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Zabilgy that was not nice, i think you are very rude to do what you just did.

If you have nothing nice to say then you should not post..

Anyhows,

Yes i will pray for him, angeleyes101 it is nice of you to think of such a thing, I am not religious but i have great respect for those who follow and live by there faith,

JAK

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A man is close to death

He means a lot to some people.

They are sad for him.

They are showing their respects.

Get over you egos and whatever petty grudges you personally hold and either leave the thread alone or show polite respect for someone else's beliefs.

Like I said before, some posts don't need anyone to cheapen them, your tolerance and respect is a shining example to all mankind.

And as for 'there are other people in the world are suffering?' Your insight is a corker too, thanks for that.

Jack

[edit on 1/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

EDIT: How about a little caring for the Pope. You don't have to be religous to care a bit.

I do care. I didn't realize this site was about censorship. I wrote what I thought was a nice poem for the Pope....

If anyone missed it, here it is again:

EDIT: *snip on the childish poem* Post it once more and there might be a problem. U2U me if that bothers you. Zedd.

Is this vulgar or anything? The Pope is tired and I just editted my own post to read God bless.....nothing wrong with saying God bless the Pope is there? I'm confused.....isn't this a nice homage to the blessed Pope??

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Zabilgy]

[edit on 1-4-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i MIGHT pray for him...

BUT people die daily and do i pray for them???

no...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yet again why are you people being so hard about it? Its not like if your mom is in the hospital sick and close to death you won't cry or pary some what for her. After all thousands die each day so who cares if your mom, dad, gradpaw gradmaw, girlfreind, aunt uncle are all sick?

Sorry Im not verry sacrastic and not mean but this is making me aggitated. This man is a father of all. He has accomplished more than I gaurenttee any one at this site. How can you say the pope doesnt care? How can you say that stuff about him and homesuxals. You people will always find the bad stuff in life. You cant be optmistic for once or actualy act like real people who have that thing called love.

I care for this man and so do many others show some respect please. In this case and in many other on this site please remember what you learned in Bambi ( and yes I know I am fault to my own advice, but just because I am a hypocrite at times doesn't make me wrong does it?) "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all."

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Father God,
I thank you that I can come to you through Jesus Christ and immediately have access to the throne of the ruler of the universe. I would ask Lord that as this man approaches death you would cause all things to work together in this situation. I would pray that if he hasn't already, he places his trust alone in Christ for salvation. I pray that those around him and family that he may have would turn their thoughts toward you at this time and his death becomes a stepping stone for true life. I ask for the billions who know of this approaching death that they themselves would take this time to contemplate death and realize that no one is guaranteed another tomorrow. That millions will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Amen

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanks you to those who prayed, and to those who have not..I respect your opinions, you have yours and I have mine, and I don't judge you for that.
I pray he passes fast my heart is heavy for him.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
As I usually go out on Fridays with my friends I just could notgo out I was bound to the tv watching and waiting for word on the Pope. Morbid.yes in a way.

But in watching about his life, I learned he lived under Hitler and Stalin, while attending acting class and becoming a priest. He loved to ski, kayak, play hockey and soccer. When he became pope he went back to his small town and from the window of the church where his house is nearby he sang to the crowd. He had a great sense of humor.
When James (calavel) the man who played Jesus Christ in the Passion of the Christ went to see his he was afraid, and the Pope told him, "James do not be afraid of me, you played Jesus." So James said, Father I thought Jesus was Italian, he stayed at home until he was 30, and disappeared, and so on. The pope laughed at this and never said anything just raised his hands and smiled.
To all people of other faiths this pope welcomed them with open arms I learned tonight. When he went to Boston, he told the Cardinal he wanted the Protestants and other religios figures there too, as they all served Christ. How very noble of him. There will never be another Pope like him in my eyes, he was against the death penalty, abortion, and kissed the man who shot him, If we all had his spirit of kindness, caring, forgiveness, love and understanding the world would be a better place.
I pray that God takes him home quickly, and he will see the face of the one he served for so long with such grace and dignity.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I want to thank each one of you who prayed for Pope John Paul. I am happy that he is at rest and free from pain, and that he is with the one he devoted his life too.
He was a remarkable man, and I for one will miss his contagious smile and strength.

Thank You to every one who prayed for him.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
if anyone wants to say a few words aboutt the pope, it will be published and you can go here........www.popejohnpaul.com... and sign his guestbook.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
actually...

i DID pray for him...

i guess i changed my mind...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ive already said alot of prayers for the pope. So here goes another one.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thank You Croat..for saying a prayer . I'm sure he heard you.

new topics

top topics

join