It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush...CANCELS the Space Shuttle Program!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In a very rare announcment, President Bush said that he has signed a Presidential decree canceling any future federal funding for the space shuttle. A reporter then asked Bush "What about the space station, is it going to be shut down" Bush replied with "we plan to either hold an auction on Ebay or give it away to our international partners."

I didn't relize that Bush has that much authority over Nasa.

"We cannot find any justification to continue deficit funding of a program that has no application other that proving that with enough money America can do anything," said Bush.

Bush cancels Shuttle

This is kind of a shock to me...What ever happened to it being retired in 2010?

(hehe)

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
First reaction: NOOOOOO!
Second reaction: Wait isn't it the first of April?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Heh heh, had me going until the ebay reference

Of course, the shuttle is living on borrowed time, so the axe is going to fall sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So now whats to happen?

WHATS NEXT!?

Bush... What a jerk.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What's the April Fool's Day joke--the bit about the space shuttle or Bush being honest for once?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No way. I'm not believing this until I see it on NASAS website or on a news source I consider reliable.

Quote from NASA www.nasa.gov...
"In 2004, President George W. Bush gave the nation a new Vision for Space Exploration. Even as he was doing so, the Mars rover Spirit was beginning its journey across the Red Planet. Ultimately, Spirit and its companion rover, Opportunity, confirmed that open water had once existed on the surface of Mars, raising the question of whether life may have developed there. Answering that kind of fundamental question is the core of the Vision for Space Exploration. In 2005, NASA will continue to bring the vision to reality by returning the Space Shuttle safely to flight, sending another spacecraft to Mars and developing the tools needed to further explore the Earth, the moon, Mars and beyond."

Oh and its still march in US north eastern time.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nice one, they should have left the Ebay part out, It woulda made this April Fools Joke much more believable heh. Good try though.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i was mad sort of shocked intell i read the ebay part but if its not a joke im going to get mad. lol its not like i can do anything else about it

[edit on 31-3-2005 by homeboiabe]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Let the jokes begin!

Personally..I'm waiting for SO to pull something =]

-wD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong...
But isnt it March 31?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
antigovFZ777 it is a joke.

Bush Cancels Space Shuttle Program

Washington DC (SPX) Apr 01, 2005

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It depends on where you live. April 1st in a lot of places already, almost here in Florida.

Plus, there may be tech reasons the webhost uploads it early. Plus, the sites figure to get the jokes up early, so word-of-mouth gets them out during the bulk of the day.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Definately an April Fools joke

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
lmao, hes gonna sell it on eBay is he? ill have to give it a look.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
yeah like bush is gonna have such a non-emergency press conferance in the wee hours of the morning lol. i was going untill i saw the date.:lol
ops they posted too early.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
lol. Im really NOT USED to jokes on this site. Almost everything i read here i take it as if the people are serious. And thats what they saw, read, heard, or believe. Of course i will never straight up believe its true until i have my own proof...

So this post caught me off guard. lol. Ouch.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Have no fear, I won the bid on Ebay and the Shuttle Program will continue, next mission we will fly to the SUN!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Don't do that again. Lol. You had me scared for a moment. Until I saw the Ebay thing, then I figured that this was one big joke.

Now to see if SO does any thing. He had a lot of people going back on halloween, maybe he'll do something on the NWO taking over.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well the ebay part didnt set off any alarms but only because it was a quote from bush

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Some other quality April Fools here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join