It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the space age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
how many of u think that we as humans will ever vinture past pur own solar system. i think it is possibale but not in my life time and i am 18 so i got a lot of life left to live. what do yall think?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blevins
how many of u think that we as humans will ever vinture past pur own solar system. i think it is possibale but not in my life time and i am 18 so i got a lot of life left to live. what do yall think?

i think we will but probebly not in my life either (im 14). but i sure would like to see it but if the world ends in 2012 then we wouldn't make it out of our solar system.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i am sure that i will see some kinda new thing in my life time bout as to what it is i dont know.

apc

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Will we ever get out of the solar system? As long as nothing happens that kills every last one of us, yes. It is inevitable thanks to human nature and its need to spread and expand. It could be 50 years or 5000. For instance if [or when] something were to happen that kills 95% of us, that would probably set the date back a little.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We could be on our way to Mars and have a manned Moon base operational, and by that time the Private Space Industry will be in full gear. Look out for Virgin Galactic as well as Scaled Composits and well ya know stuff like that. America's space prize has an expiry date of 2010 and that is Low Earth Orbit with a demonstrated capability to dock with an orbital space station.

www.space.com...

www.scaled.com...

www.space.com...

www.space.com...

www.elevator2010.org...

The next 25 years, we will see an upheavle in technology, check out this article for some Historical perspective and take into consideration that Technogical development is speeding up steadily approaching exponential proportions leading to well...that's another topic

nanonovusblog.blogspot.com...

I know this thread is about wether we will colonize the Solar System and it's only a matter of time, we will for sure see the start of it all.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blevins

In your life time you will likely see another solar system...up close, but it would be unmanned, and it would get there by solar sail. The only way people would actually travel that far and long is if something catastrophic happened in our own solar system, in our lifetimes we will see many space station and some moon basses ever growing, and a Mars base, which will be mush harder to sustain. People could go to another planet in another solar system, if they found out that it had an atmosphere like earths and had water, they could be "frozen" for the trip...we cant do this just yet, but probably will be able to with in a decade. Theres no reason to risk the lives of (what would have to be) a very large crew to a new system unless ours went down the gutter.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Murcielago actualy ur right just a cuple of days ago i went to nasa.com to do a projuect in one of my classes and i saw this thing where they used somekinda x-ray or something and they could see the movement of 2 new lplanets around a star not to distancent from here. the planets to there guess were gas giants and they were soo close to there sun that it only took them like 8 days to get around it. so yes i have seen another solor system. ill try to find the web stie sna post it.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If things stay at course, with the rapid rate of advanced technology, I give it within our lifetime (I'm 18 too). I feel that all it needs is one or two break throughs with a propulsion system or some sorth of advancement that can happen. I'm not to into science, but you know it only took like around 60, 70 years from the first airplane to the first space shuttle...that's not bad.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i have been looking into some quantam physics and it looks very promesing. i have read a few articals at my school and also a few books on it. things look very promesing not that i have look at more things.

top topics

join