It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie of 2003

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How will be held responsible inside the intelligence agency? They are already telling us what I already knew. If I knew that, and don't have top level clearance.

Bush was head of the CIA. When did intelligence go wrong?

We don't have credible intelligence on anyone else. Again when did the intelligence go wrong?

Be easy,

KLS

"It starts now"

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Say that again? and what exactly "starts now"?

mod edit, big quote

[edit on 11-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What exactly is the great lie of 2003? your post isn't too clear on what it is your trying to say. I would like to hear more.

mod edit, big quote

[edit on 11-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignignot

"It starts now"

Let's hope it's not what I believe it is. That's all I'll say right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthswan
Let's hope it's not what I believe it is. That's all I'll say right now.

please, oh pretty please wont you tell me?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

What exactly is the great lie of 2003? your post isn't too clear on what it is your trying to say. I would like to hear more.

If you had to ask that question, I don't think anything I could say would explain to you. Just in case, the war we are in, intelligence. Lie after lie after lie.

KLS

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

How will be held responsible inside the intelligence agency?

Who was held responsible for the prison abuse scandal? I think that's a pretty good indication of how relaxed the feeling of responsibility is these days.

It's telling that CEO's are held responible only when money is involved.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The quality of ATS is certainly improving.

Nice job

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If you had to ask that question, I don't think anything I could say would explain to you. Just in case, the war we are in, intelligence. Lie after lie after lie.

So you are trying to say the war was based on lies? Alot of other people already think that too.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignignot

please, oh pretty please wont you tell me?

A good thing can only last so long, and enough lies will bring down the house. The sad part about it, is people believe everything is okay. To many people are walking around with blinders on, like a fresh pair of sunglasses.

KLS

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We know it was based on lies, who will be held responisble? How much involvement in the intelligence did family members have? This goes real deep, but the american way is to assign a committee to it, and reform it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
C'mon there, Darth Swan, with a name like that I'd expect you to be both graceful and brutal. You're being neither!

I like these kinds of posts where you have no idea what the poster means and yet you feel compelled to dig deeper. I searched for three 2003 historical events that are factual. I list them here:

March 11 -
Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraqi fighters threaten two U.S. U-2 surveillance planes, flying missions for U.N. weapons inspectors, forcing them to abort their mission and return to base.

March 13 - Human evolution: The journal Nature reports that 350,000-year-old upright-walking human footprints had been found in Italy

May 1 - George W. Bush landed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, in a Lockheed S-3 Viking, where he gave a speech announcing end of major combat in the Iraq war.

...Tell me if I'm hot or cold with any of these. I wanna know what the heck you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What is forgotten by many at ATS and the world at large (and let us not hypthesize about whether it is caused by dumbing down, by the general mushroom effect of media, or by middle American apathy) is that Cheney deliberately and knowingly programmed the cessation of interagency communications. Then Rumsfeld was charged with deliberately and knowingly establishing the OSP (Office of Special Plans) with the specific goal of gathering and reporting SOLELY that intelligence that backed the predetermined invasion of Iraq, irrespective of validity or quality.

The Bush administration is a collection of FRAUDS who have abused the intelligence services more than any administration in history. But this is never learned, or forgotten by most, who are taught better to live in fear and loathing and xenophobic terror.

The spies who pushed for war

Julian Borger reports on the shadow rightwing intelligence network set up in Washington to second-guess the CIA and deliver a justification for toppling Saddam Hussein by force

Thursday July 17, 2003
The Guardian

As the CIA director, George Tenet, arrived at the Senate yesterday to give secret testimony on the Niger uranium affair, it was becoming increasingly clear in Washington that the scandal was only a small, well-documented symptom of a complete breakdown in US intelligence that helped steer America into war.

It represents the Bush administration's second catastrophic intelligence failure. But the CIA and FBI's inability to prevent the September 11 attacks was largely due to internal institutional weaknesses.

This time the implications are far more damaging for the White House, which stands accused of politicising and contaminating its own source of intelligence.

According to former Bush officials, all defence and intelligence sources, senior administration figures created a shadow agency of Pentagon analysts staffed mainly by ideological amateurs to compete with the CIA and its military counterpart, the Defence Intelligence Agency.

The agency, called the Office of Special Plans (OSP), was set up by the defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, to second-guess CIA information and operated under the patronage of hardline conservatives in the top rungs of the administration, the Pentagon and at the White House, including Vice-President Dick Cheney....

OLD NEWS.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

KLS

LOL your on a site that has a million conspiracy theories and you start a thread that just says The Great Lie of 2003 and then mention the CIA and just leave at that. seriously this sites purpose is to promote Truth, if all you want to do is come on here and play little games then by all means head on over to www.belowtopsecret.com... and put your post in chit chat or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If you can't put 2+2 together and get "Bush adminstration lied about WMD" then perhaps you need a remedial education.

Of course everyone with a gut instinct for truth knew he was lying about it 2003.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Decided against my remarks atm, plz remove.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Smallpeeps,

Since you can't see what I'm talking about, it's been in the news, the little coverage that it does get,

THE WAR IN IRAQ WAS A LIE. To get in front of the world and say what was said, and it is not tru, what does that make it. Yeah, yeah, everyone is blaming the intelligence agencies. Well we have to take a look at who who use to be in charge of these intelligence agencies.

If I had the top secret clearance to provide docs, i would. But since I don't, I can't

Bordnlazy,

It shows. As far as I'm concerned, "conspiracy theory" as you put it is a term that Neo cons love to use. What more information do you want? Do you want quotes out of the 600 pages. This goes back to my previous statement, If I had the top secret clearance to provide docs, i would. But since I don't, I can't.

I posed a question, referring me to another website shows a lot.

Now, if you read what I said fully, I said, "Bush was head of the CIA. When did intelligence go wrong?"

The CIA's job is to lie. I don't know what happy world you live in but, when you make a response and relate back to something make sure you relate back to the whole statement.

"A little game", I'm sorry I don't see anything funny about what was said. This latest commissions findings are disturbing, and if you can't see the GREAT LIE OF 2003, there is nothing much that can be said.

Please have a nice day.

KLS

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Darthswan]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I new before Bush was re-elected that if he won, we were going back into Iraq. But it is amazing how they played the public, and not many seem to care. A scandal like Bill and Monaca draws more attention, than invading another country, and thousands dying.

Meanwhile those responsible are getting promotions instead of being put on trial. Condaleza Rice gets promoted to Secratary of the State, Wolfowitz becomes head of the World Bank.

While prior to the war, those that spoke up are gone. Richard Clark, Paul Oneal, and now Colon Powell.

I also worry about what this administration will do next.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It was a British and Russian failure to...so you can pin everything on Bush...yes...it does look like he f-ed up big time...but so did British and Russian intel...which strike me as odd...if the intel was that bad...why did 2 other major countries believe it also?....

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Base,

You are so right, it's enough blame to go around. For all of the intelligence agencies to be wrong. They did anything and said anything to go to war. Our credibility was already shaky, and now it's worth is just like the dollars worth.

Clinton, Bush I, and reagan are all to blame. The reason why I pin just about everything on him, because him and his society almost bankrupted a university, and when the govt jumped in to stop them, they changed their focus and moved into the gov't.

Our downfall is systematically, by design. If we don't get them out, they will attempt the same bankruptcy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join