It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wierd email reply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Befor you read this remember, I AM A NEW TO THIS STUFF, So if i say sumthin stupid tell me kindly
(or dont tell me at all)

Just about 2 weeks ago I found the email address of a retierd area 51 worker and emaild him with a couple of questions, just today i found a message sent by hotmail "[email protected]" that said that the message was cancled by an unknown source, I looked at the send date and noticed that it was sent the same day that i sent the email. (i didnt check my email for a while because my mom grounded me
)

Then i found another message that was sent about two days ago that said that my email could not be sent and it was from "[email protected]"

Now this is whats wierd if you havent gotten it already.

[email protected] sends auto messages to hotmail users when an email has faild to send.

-what outside "unkown" source could have stopped my email from sending?

-only [email protected] sends email faliure messages (I would know I made a folder to keep all of them in, and the folder is now on my desktop with about 50 faliurs, all frome "[email protected]" and none from "
[email protected]"

-email faliure messages are sent as soon as the message is cancled/somehow stopped, I know there arnt anny emails that take about 2 weeks to send, (the email i sent was smaller than this post, and there were no atatched files)

-if all email faliur messages are sent by [email protected] then whats [email protected]?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

whats [email protected]?

Whatever it is, it's in a non-existent domain...

Got an IP address?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by umanohone]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think OMC2-S13.phx.gbl is an AOL (or yahoo) mailer daemon. Were you sending the email to AOL, or an AOL (or yahoo) affiliate?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Seth76]

My bad, this is a microspoof mail server. Another exaple with phx.gbl is 207.68.146.41 that resolves to sasch1031302.phx.gbl

Why can't microsoft set up proper dns?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
maybe its the devil.
but seriously i have no answer for what that could be, it sounds slightly interesting though.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The email account is non existent. The orig message was from the 1st time the message was attempted to be delivered. The system continues to try to resolve the address for usually 2 days then gives up and lets you know that it has timed out.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think you opened this thread at the right topic. Aliens are behind your E-mail loss, and aliens sent you warning mail. You are not supposed to deal with aliens this way. They are watching...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemron
The email account is non existent. The orig message was from the 1st time the message was attempted to be delivered. The system continues to try to resolve the address for usually 2 days then gives up and lets you know that it has timed out.

both messages were different.

and iv sent messages to aol useres and yahoo users and this still hasent ever happend

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hmm, quite strange, is'nt .gbl a multinational server thing?

Also, welcome to ATS, dont believe what everyone syas, expecialy people with usernames that start with "V" and end with "U".

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Some viruses happen to own their own smtp engine, and are able to send themselves to people with a sender adress that doesn't even exist, just the kind of "[email protected]", so check it maybe...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus666
Befor you read this remember, I AM A NEW TO THIS STUFF, So if i say sumthin stupid tell me kindly
(or dont tell me at all)

Just about 2 weeks ago I found the email address of a retierd area 51 worker and emaild him with a couple of questions, just today i found a message sent by hotmail "[email protected]" that said that the message was cancled by an unknown source, I looked at the send date and noticed that it was sent the same day that i sent the email. (i didnt check my email for a while because my mom grounded me
)

Then i found another message that was sent about two days ago that said that my email could not be sent and it was from "[email protected]"

Now this is whats wierd if you havent gotten it already.

[email protected] sends auto messages to hotmail users when an email has faild to send.

-what outside "unkown" source could have stopped my email from sending?

-only [email protected] sends email faliure messages (I would know I made a folder to keep all of them in, and the folder is now on my desktop with about 50 faliurs, all frome "[email protected]" and none from "
[email protected]"

-email faliure messages are sent as soon as the message is cancled/somehow stopped, I know there arnt anny emails that take about 2 weeks to send, (the email i sent was smaller than this post, and there were no atatched files)

-if all email faliur messages are sent by [email protected] then whats [email protected]?
The first problem is that you should stop using hotmail. Unencrypted email sent across the Internet is like a postcard, anybody who can get their hands on it or intercepts, can very easily read your email. Email isn't private, unless you start taking some security measures, and encrypt your messages.

Guide to GPG, aka crypto for Windows
Explanation of Public Key Cryptography because I'm too lazy to explain it myself.

top topics

join