It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN -- more changes to become a 100% contributor-driven news portal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
What did surprise me though is that I got a "NO" vote U2U feedback because my news submission wasn't a conspiracy item. I posted it under the Science Technology subject. So ... is ATSNN now going to ignore all advances in the Sciences or was this some odd error?

Other than this... great job! ATS seems to get better every day!!!

Terapin is right I see articles being voted down because it is not conspiracy related, I have had more than a few U2U telling me so my self, among others LOL. People are forgetting that ATSNN is a New Portal to the world and not the conspiracy website of ATS that we here the members spend so much time at.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Cool new ATSNN Feature: List All Contributors

www.atsnn.com...

Try it, you'll like it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That's way cool and convenient, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All "posted by author" on the ATSNN and topic pages now lead to the author's list, and we also now have links to the author's list for everyone with more than 10 posts in threads in the ATSNN forum.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
SO that is really cool -- thanks.

Now it looks like I am going to have to be searching for more articles to post so I can fill up that page.

Seriously thought -- thanks for all of your hard work on this.

edited for spelling -- it is really late -- sorry

[edit on 5-4-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This new system looks the biz.

Would it be possible/viable to create a submission option that does not include the editorial and opinion feature?

My reason for requesting this is for those that have an eye for news but not the time to write blurb.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by mickmeaney]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well, all things considered, I am happier with this more evolved voting system. It seems that many suggestions made were considered and implemented nicely. At least the authors now get a reason right away when a no vote is cast. That was something that bugged me for a long time.

Quality appears to be improving in ATSNN articles, as more and more of the newer members (oops, i mean contributors) get the hang of it. Interestingly, to do accurate voting, one needs to understand the ATSNN submission guidelines, and that in itself should redirect voters/contributors back to them. Which in turn reminds them of the guidelines for their own submissions and improves them.

The only issue left I that I feel is still improvable is the the no vote because of a repeated story. This still does not prompt the contributor to search for duplicates prior to posting, and instead places the burden on the voters (and the senior staff). I really feel this is the responsibility of the author, and maybe that's because I used to do extensive ATS searches prior to writing any stories, so I was used to it. But on second thought, maybe it is fair that the task of bringing a story to ATSNN be split up between the author and the voter. Certainly makes the job easier on the author.

I am curious: Has the repeated story problem gotten any better, or worse since the newest changes have been made?

In any case, I have renewed hopes for ATSNN with these changes, and maybe I'll even start submitting again (not that anyone cares). The new contributor page and links to all authors submissions are nice touches, too.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I really like the new voting system, but I noticed a couple of problems today.

I have a submission that keeps getting “Yes” votes and subsequent Upgraded U2U messages, but the article is not being upgraded. When I click on the upgrade link, the title still has “(submission) (news)” in it.

I have another submission that is getting “No” votes and anonymous U2U’s saying various things should be fixed, but the edit button is not available, so I cannot revise it.

Would it be possible to add a small optional comment when we vote on a submission? I have gotten several U2U’s commenting on one of my titles, but there is nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. So, I am getting No votes, and I don’t know how to fix it or what is wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
I do have a suggestion, however. I do kind of miss being able to see the number of votes than an ATSNN article has recieved. I understand (and support) the reasoning for hiding it from members. However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to hide it to all but the author of the thread, since we can't vote on our own submissions anyway. I think it would be a handy tool for us who like to monitor the progress of our own submissions.

I love the new system too, but think this would make it perfect! I think seeing the total votes for your own submission would be very helpful and a nice feature...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join