It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN -- more changes to become a 100% contributor-driven news portal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hahaha

My counter is working in reverse. I was at 3, had a story upgraded wicked quick, and now my counter says 2.
The calculator works fine for me, just the display is fuggeldy, and apparently punished me for the upgrade.

hehe

I guess that would explain the -1's huh?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You must have done something, mine is working now!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Funky oddness in code... started fresh... now it seems to be working fine.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The retally button confirms that I have 36 accepted submissions but my profile continues to say 0.

I got one upgraded and my profile tally went up to 1. I clicked the retally again- it still said 36, not 37, and after clicking retally my profile went back zero.

Conclusion: It seems to be counting submissions from before the new system only, it's only displaying new tallys, but the retally button is only tracking old ones. It looks like experts aren't ahving the same problem for the most part.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Vagabond,
It works for me now, I got 27.
Did you hit the ATSNN-icon to count them again?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
If you don't yet fell like voting, but want to offer suggestions to the author, contributors will be able to send the following comments anonymously:
- your grammar or spelling needs work
- good story, but your intro is too biased
- good story, but your source is shaky
- your headline could use rewriting

I don't see how to send a comment regarding grammar without voting "no." I don't like to vote down a story based solely on grammatical or structural problems, unless they go unfixed. Am I missing something?

[edit on 05/4/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I don't see how to send a comment regarding grammar without voting "no." I don't like to vote down a story based solely on grammatical or structural problems, unless they go unfixed. Am I missing something?

you can vote again after the corrections have been made click the last button that says learn about

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't see how to send a comment regarding grammar without voting "no."

Click the bottom button, "learn about voting" for an explanation of all buttons.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OK, now I have my 36 but the two that I have had upgraded since originally being told that I have 36 are not being counted. I will have to see if my next one gets counted now that it is crediting my 36.

I think i'll cry if it never counts mine ever again and i dont get my 75

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Okay. I've re-read the explanations and as I understand it, a "no" vote is final and sends a message to the submitter relative to the reason . The fix buttons do not assign a vote, but send a message to the submitter relative to the problem.

What if the grammatical error is in the analysis/opinion section? Is that considered the "intro?"

I'm sorry. I'm probably having a cognitive malfunction or something.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have a few (more)thoughts on the system, 1. The bottons should be made bigger and clearer and 2. More descriptive button titles and 3. How about the Contributor title also be a link to all the stories that has been upgraded by the title holder?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Seems to be working fine on mine...

Great work SO!

Anyway I'm off on holiday everyone so I'll speak with you all in a week!

Phxion

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Working fine for me now.

Re the voting system, perhaps grammar should be a "fix" option instead of a "no" option. It's a shame to have to vote no on a story that has great story content and the source is fine, but simply needs some touching up on the grammar/spelling.

$0.02

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
excellent work SO, hope you managed to fit in some free time among all that coding

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great work SO. I like the new system quite a bit!

I do have a suggestion, however. I do kind of miss being able to see the number of votes than an ATSNN article has recieved. I understand (and support) the reasoning for hiding it from members. However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to hide it to all but the author of the thread, since we can't vote on our own submissions anyway. I think it would be a handy tool for us who like to monitor the progress of our own submissions.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Your profile shows 115, and Val's is also over 100.

So... even though the code may have showed 0, your account was updated correctly.

Thankee.

Catch me if you can Val!

uh-hem...hey, nerdly-werdly. I just posted my first reply in an ATSNN thread and got my Expert reading. All's I have to say to you is - read 'em and weep.

Until FredT comes over here and rains on my parade - just call me Queen of the 'sperts
...that's Mr. spert to you good-buddy. LOL!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've fixed my problem and I've discovered an interesting consequence those with false zeroes need to be aware of. None of your new submissions will be counted until after you've corrected your tally in your mini profile.

I'm pretty sure this is how I fixed mine:
Go here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then go to any ATSNN article and click the button in the upper left corner which looks like this.

The number in your mini-profile and the number you are given by clicking that second link (which you've already done unsuccessfully if you are like me) will now finally correspond, and any upgrades you get from now on will be added to that number.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Until FredT comes over here and rains on my parade - just call me Queen of the 'sperts
...that's Mr. spert to you good-buddy. LOL!

Speak of the devil
I happily cede the Spert title no rain needed

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
What did surprise me though is that I got a "NO" vote U2U feedback because my news submission wasn't a conspiracy item. I posted an article about an amazing new form of metal that has glass like properties and it 3 times stronger and 10 times springier than the best industrial steel and I posted it under the Science Technology subject. So ... is ATSNN now going to ignore all advances in the Sciences or was this some odd error?

I think that a lot of people think that everything here has to be conspiracy related even on the news -- I was under the impression that the news articles could just be some cool or interesting -- I think that is something that will only be worked out as people realize it doesn't have to be conspiracy related -- unless of course I am totally and completely mistaken (not the first time for sure if I am) .

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Terapin,

That was just the opinion of one person. Your story has already gotten enough YES votes to elevate it.

[edit on 4/4/2005 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join