It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN -- more changes to become a 100% contributor-driven news portal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Excellent work on the overhaul SO, you've been busy I see. Looks like you guys have put some serious thought into this. I am glad we can choose why we either voted for or against a story. I look forward to the new changes I think they will make it a lot better.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And all this time I thought that issues raised by members' were being ignored. I see most, if not all of those issues have been addressed. I'm impressed. Nice work folks.
Perhaps now some members may feel a tiny tinge of guilt due to the tone of some of their previous complaints...

So will members...uhh...I mean contributors who have more than 25 upgrades but less than 75 be stripped of their Expert status and have to work up to the 75 total like everybody else? If the system is designed to ensure the "expertness" of the experts, then it only seems fair to do so. I forsee disturbance and a possible split amongst the ranks if this is not done.

Perhaps you missed out an option for the suggestions options, and that is "Insufficient content". Sometimes submissions are too sparse, with a one line intro and one or two line comment at the bottom. I know I have received a U2U edit request for insufficient content in the past.

Also for a "no" vote reason, perhaps you could add "not newsworthy enough", unless by "not appropriate for ats" you mean "not appropriate for ATSNN". There's an important, if slight, distinction there.

I'm a little confused as to the distinction between Moderators and Administration.

Moderators: The ATSNN forum will now have a moderator staff just like any other forum. However, their job is to keep the peace in the discussion threads, not manage submissions.

Administration: Me, Bob88, William One Sac and SimonGray. We can immediately upgrade submissions and other aspects of controlling submission problems.

A vote by a contributor is equal to 1 vote for both yes and no.

A vote by an expert will equal 2 votes for both yes and no.

And a vote by an Administrator will equal 5 votes for both yes and no.

So how much does a vote by a mod count for, or are they one and the same in this case?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
*BUMP*

I hope the awesome changes to ATSNN didn't get forgotten in all the April Fools hubbub.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Gosh! Seems like every two weeks since I've been a registered member of ATS, something changes. ATSNN submission have been my largest apathetic challenge..my poor head!

I do hope these most recent updates will better both ATSNN and ATS as a whole. The amount of work the admins have been putting into the site is amazing. Great work, folks!

And someday maybe I'll get around to submitting something I KNOW is right for ATS.

-VW

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah.. I'll call your *bump*

and maybe raise you another.. er later.

The best of ATSNN is on it's way folks... Get ready.. Get involved.. Get your submissions in now.

Enjoy the spotlight of ATSNN.. The reward is beyond the points.. but there are MANY for an upgraded story.. and many more for replies and good follow up discussions to a really good article.

A good news item can get thousands of page views.. people who have never seen ATS or ATSNN, will read stories there everyday!!

Most of all they get to read the collaborative discussions that follow the ATSNN story.. they get to see the best of ATS.. and some will stick around and perhaps join this grand community.

ATSNN is in your hands.. our hands .. we are an online community... and dare I say... The best online community EVER?

Now get your submissions in... Make an impact... enjoy the rewards.. Most of all make the best of your time always.. Here in this community!!

Gazz

[edit on 2-4-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
im getting more involved in the action now

i dont know how many news stories ive had submitted
but yeah, i feel we all should start off at square one. Make us all equal
EQUAL RIGHTS ON ATS!!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You've done it again. Great work and thanks!

ATSNN is a great place to be, and getting better all the time. Evolution at it's finest, I say. ...But I'm known for my bias so better take that with a grain of salt.

Seriously, good job.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

ATSNN Transition Period

Over the next few days, bits and pieces of the new ATSNN will come online from time to time. Don't be alarmed... change is happening.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your new ATSNN status is calculated when you visit the ATSNN forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It only takes one visit to initiate the calculation, and you'll get your total approved submissions at the top of the page.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't see any total at the top of the page, am I missing something?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I love to read the news articles and since coming to ATS...I get most of news from here...but I am confused on the whole news thing...who votes for news stories....how is this done?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Your new ATSNN status is calculated when you visit the ATSNN forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It only takes one visit to initiate the calculation, and you'll get your total approved submissions at the top of the page.

Worked fine for me...

I have 149 upgraded submissions!!

I'm an expert

Gazz

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have no upgraded submissions.

I'm a noncontributing sloth.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can see something saying zero submissions if I'm logged out, but still nothing when I'm logged in.

[edit on 4/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Will someone please answer my question above? How does all this work?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Check your profile.. you may have missed seeing it.. It should have updated your profile to Expert if you have over 75 approved submissions.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Will someone please answer my question above? How does all this work?

LadyV .. most of this can be explained in the original post by SkepticOverlord on page one of this very thread.

What exactly do you want to know.. that has not already been explained?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't have over 75, maybe 15 or so...I never saw a total at all, but does it only show it only once?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes it only showed it once for me.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I must have missed it at some point then, will there be a way in the future to lookup your current count?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join