It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Conflagration

Odd. This thread almost drew me out some years ago as well. It's nice to see it active again.

There are a great many 'gifted' people on this site. I can see it in their writing.

I wonder if some of the people who contributed to this thread have reverted to lurking, or have left us behind forever.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

You can see it at schools.

Some are straight A students at everything and excel at everything. They were also sticklers for study and used to spend hours studying.

Other like me were a mixed bag. Constant A's in the sciences, History, Maths, Geography and could coast through without even trying yet I was mediocre at English and flunked French, RE, Metal work and P.E (You americans call it gym) because they lost my interest. My final Exam papers read A* A* A* A* A B B C F F F

Also I and most people who were top of my year group were brought up with books from babies. My first memorys were looking though history and Science picture books. I was always taken to History and science museums as soon as I could be put in a pushchair.

Does reading books and learning as a toddler increase IQ? Or do we like books and learning because we had a IQ?
edit on 25-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

How do geniuses with IQ's Of 140 - 200 think? How do you geniuses feel emotionally, socially, and what are your ideologies in life? I would like to hear from posters who have official test results, and other forms of IQ test.

I think in pictures. Especially when doing math, numbers sort of flash at me. 20+ years ago when I was in school I constantly got grief for not showing work for problems even though I could demonstrate it in front of teachers that it was not necessary.

My thoughts are very incoherent most of the time jumping from subject to subject ignoring whats going on around me. Tends to make people think I don't listen. Which honestly I don't, I hear them but I don't actually listen to them unless it's a direct one on one conversation. Even then I drift off into my mind.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In massive cognitive leaps of intuition and imagination.

With laser-beam focus and pinpoint precision.

Deeply, singularly.

To the exclusion of everything else, for better AND worse.

In our heads, in our hands, in our hearts and toes and knees.

Outside of the usual constraints of space / time.

Wherever the road leads.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

First of all the IQ test is flawed to determine intelligence.

Knowing this puts you at 180 automatically.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

If you were at "180" you wouldn't just notice a flaw, you'd create a solution.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

Like this?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well.. I don't know my IQ and really don't want to. My parents had me tested as a teen and simply told me that knowing your own isn't a positive or constructive thing. Given life experience and seeing some above average who knew it by test results? I've come to agree...

Having said that, I had a wonderful college studies instructor who spent most of her working life as a PHD Neuro-Psych specializing in injury induced learning difficulties. In teaching us study skills, she started with the basics ..and what this thread seemed to ask (if no one else got this in the 40+ pages..lol)

That is your brain on average intelligence. The important part for this are the Dendrites. Each of those represent, as it was explained, a fragment of knowledge. Something learned, grows a Dendrite. 2+2 learned to be 4 ..grows one. Learning a month later that 8 divided by 4 is 2 will grow another one. If you merely think of the first example, while learning the second....the brain cross indexes related info and Dendrites grow together or on top of one another.

The OP asked how smart people...or exceptionally intelligent people..think? Well, the above is a general graphic that is representative of the structure for average folk.

She then showed us a representation taken from Einsteins brain. Where the Dendrites above have room and are clean, sharp lines to be separate from one another? The Einstein version looked like a child gone insane on a wall with crayons, in every direction. A mass of tangled ivy, might be another.

The impression I got is that when I say 2+2? You and I think of 4 instantly. Einstein would have thought of 4 and then a dozen permutations that branch from that core problem, as well as relative meaning and purpose for asking ..all in the same second we're forming the "4" thought.

At least that's the thumbnail version of what took a couple hour lecture to fully explain in class.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is there somebody on this forum who knows if very smart people need less sleeping time than the ordinairy folks..?

And if it is a given that very smart people need certain guidance in life if they want to succeed later in life. I mean,..that these smart people need someone close who can help them focus on what is important...to know..to do..

Any takers..?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree high IQ probably mean very little.

Its about drive.

I know some high IQ people that never progressed beyond mundane jobs or basic education cause they couldn't be bothered.

On the flip side I know some people with 120ish IQ who passed med school and have got bright futures ahead, mainly because they have a insane amount of dedication.I also know a Bio Chemist who was about 120 who last time I checked was doing his Masters at Cambridge

Im in the middle I got my Degree with Biological sciences and left it at that, couldn't be arsed to go PhD or take it to med school nor did I try to get in to Oxbridge I just got a average degree from a average institution. And I probably wont ever win a noble prize as I don't have the patience to stay with a project for more than a couple of years

Though that may be cause I picked Biology based on how many career opportunity it would open in my area rather than what I was most interested in. If I had gone into history I would most likely have a PhD and my own line of books by now as I suck history knowledge up like a sink hole and even think in history terms and analogies as some of you here know. In fact I have had some PhD history's professors ask me were I got my masters from (I never took it beyond A-Level lol) so I dunno things may have been different buts its too late now.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

zatara
Is there somebody on this forum who knows if very smart people need less sleeping time than the ordinary folks..?

I don't think it matters. Though alot seem to be nightowels

zatara
And if it is a given that very smart people need certain guidance in life if they want to succeed later in life. I mean,..that these smart people need someone close who can help them focus on what is important...to know..to do..

Any takers..?

Its very important. In my experience from myself and friends , we get bored and switch off very easily which can lead to slacking, destructive behaviour, depression or just drifting aimlessly. I used to bunk off high school alot, in fact one year I missed 1 in 2 days! I was so bored and fed up with it! To make it worse the subjects I was good at the teachers never bothered as they knew I consistently brought in A's so they wouldn't even care if I did my homework or turned up and the subjects I was bad at the teacher never bothered with me as I was so disinterested they didn't think me worth the effort! In fact it was only English my teachers gave me special attention as I loved my book's and saw I was bright yet struggled with spelling and writing due to my dyslexia. And I used to normally turn up for those classes, they did there utter most to keep be engaged and learning.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
DP

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Personally, I think this whole IQ thing is rather silly. Though, I think IQ's are a lot like certain organs.

Say "eyes".

Some have 20/20 vision.
Some have 20/100 vision.
Some have 20/10 vision.

But what you're looking at is sometimes more important than how you see it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would also say if you wanna know how smart you are don't bother with IQ tests just ask yourselves these simple things:

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Do you think Youtube is a good source of trustworthy information?

Do you think John Lear was telling the truth?

Are you scared of Comet ISON?

Did you buy the Nibru nonsense?

Do you think ALL vaccines are bad and a con?

Do you trust politicians?

Do you still believe the world is flat ?

If any of these are a yes your not smart

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I had 2 no's, 1 maybe, 3 yeses, then I got distracted by something shiny.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

beezzer

I had 2 no's, 1 maybe, 3 yeses, then I got distracted by something shiny.

Well you are a rabbit so thats pretty good

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Let me get this straight ...

I get all of my information from YouTube and the Internet.

The truth is.

John Lear is going to be riding on Comet ISON.

He is taking a ride out to Nibiru.

He will be giving Marisol filled vaccines to all the trustworthy Politicians.

PS. When you walk off the edge of the World. Don't look for me to catch you.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

whyamIhere

Let me get this straight ...

I get all of my information from YouTube and the Internet.

The truth is.

John Lear is going to be riding on Comet ISON.

He is taking a ride out to Nibiru.

He will be giving Marisol filled vaccines to all the trustworthy Politicians.

PS. When you walk off the edge of the World. Don't look for me to catch you.

Duh! how stupid havent you heard the latest from crazy town? ISON is Nibru !

(Im jokeing for anyone who just jumped in to the thread)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

zatara
Is there somebody on this forum who knows if very smart people need less sleeping time than the ordinairy folks..?

Any takers..?

Half of geniuses utterly fail at life. People think they want their children to be Mozart, but don't realize the bag of problems that come with it.

The way the school systems are designed, utterly fail geniuses. I was always an average student because I only did what was absolutely necessary to pass. An entirely different method is needed to teach some geniuses.

The problem is that you know you are smart, and you don't have the need to prove anything to anybody.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Same. Duke's gifted and talented list. 99th percentile mathematics and sciences standardized tests. Did homework in class, else never. Extracurricular activities related to creativity + maths/sciences. Couldn't stand english, but learned/intuited enough to pass.

Then came middle school. By this point I was too far advanced to bother. I had absorbed enough outside of school to think this system could possibly properly educate me.

What's a Pgenis to do? Be a loser, of course. GED at 17, attempted college a year early, and was severely disappointed.

I get called a genius just as often as whatever combination of derogate terms you can imagine. We just don't work well in the system, it seems.
edit on 25-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join