It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You are not stupid - there is a learned technique to the IQ tests .. so disregard the results..

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd have to lose 60 IQ points to tell you

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Well the difference is I know I'm stupid, compared to people who actually are smart because I've had the chance to actually associate with a couple here and there. They just see all sides of a problem.

I'm stuck think linearly going down the wrong road. They're altogether somewhere else.

I respect that.

And there're people who have the same IQ as me but are excelling in life because they care. Having the willpower to make s*** happen is at least as important as high IQ.

I respect that too.

I don't respect laziness. I don't respect people who're entitled.
edit on 17-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I am not going to to and fro with you Jonny but I guarantee you are smart.

We use 5 % of our brains - and our brain is like a muscle in a way, it needs exercising to open different channels and networks.

You could challenge your brain by learning something different - like art / music / a language ..

Most people are not genius they are like you and I and probably all on this thread [ whatever they think ].. challenge your brain in different ways, believe in yourself and you might be amazed.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm only around 135, but I work with some pretty sharp people that are CEO's, etc. The main thing I see (and no one posted this yet) is that they look at things from a lot of peoples point of view. And if they feel they are missing someones point of view, they talk to them and get it. This way sound decisions can be made. This technique also let's you to filter out the "noise". Noise is someones personal bias, ego and allows you to see who the liars are and confront behaviors.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

Used to be 154, but it's been steadily declining these last few years. Even so, if you really want a thread with a few hundred million replies you should ask what people think that have an IQ of 70 to 90. They're all over the place! Recently overheard a woman talking to a work associate (the associate said nothing, just pretended to listen). The important things on her mind were bubble gum and smelly feet. ZZzzzZZzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

We use 5 % of our brains - and our brain is like a muscle in a way, it needs exercising to open different channels and networks.

Time to put this myth to bed, though it's usually claimed that we only use 10% of our brain. But that's wrong too.

In reality, this claim is 100 percent myth. We use all of our brain. The only instances where there are unused regions of the brain are those in which brain damage or disease has destroyed certain regions. The Origins of the Myth Researchers suggest that this popular urban legend has existed since at least the early 1900s. It may have been influenced by people misunderstanding or misinterpreting neurological research.

The ten percent of brain myth

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

This is an old myth we should have done away with long ago. Here are some facts that refute it

- Studies of brain damage: If 90% of the brain is normally unused, then damage to these areas should not impair performance. Instead, there is almost no area of the brain that can be damaged without loss of abilities. Even slight damage to small areas of the brain can have profound effects.

- Brain scans have shown that no matter what we're doing, our brains are always active. Some areas are more active at any one time than others, but unless we have brain damage, there is no one part of the brain that is absolutely not functioning.

- Evolution: The brain is enormously costly to the rest of the body, in terms of oxygen and nutrient consumption. It can require up to 20% of the body's energy—more than any other organ—despite making up only 2% of the human body by weight.[11][12] If 90% of it were unnecessary, there would be a large survival advantage to humans with smaller, more efficient brains. If this were true, the process of natural selection would have eliminated the inefficient brains. It is also highly unlikely that a brain with so much redundant matter would have evolved in the first place.

- Brain imaging: Technologies such as positron emission tomography (PET) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) allow the activity of the living brain to be monitored. They reveal that even during sleep, all parts of the brain show some level of activity. Only in the case of serious damage does a brain have "silent" areas.
Localization of function: Rather than acting as a single mass, the brain has distinct regions for different kinds of information processing. Decades of research have gone into mapping functions onto areas of the brain, and no function-less areas have been found.

- Microstructural analysis: In the single-unit recording technique, researchers insert a tiny electrode into the brain to monitor the activity of a single cell. If 90% of cells were unused, then this technique would have revealed that.
Neural disease: Brain cells that are not used have a tendency to degenerate. Hence if 90% of the brain were inactive, autopsy of adult brains would reveal large-scale degeneration.

Source

(damn, Walter Matthau beat me to it!)
edit on 17/3/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
TRUE intelligence does not mean you do well in school or have a phd. Some of the world most intelligent people drive buses or work as bouncers. fact.

The truly virtuous man is he who practices the law of justice, love, and charity, in its greatest purity. If he interrogates his conscience in regard to the acts accomplished by him, he will ask himself whether he has done nothing wrong, whether he has done all the good in his power, whether no one has cause to complain of him, and whether he has done to others all that he would wish others to do to him. Being filled with the sentiment of charity and kindness for all, he does good for its own sake, without hope of reward, and sacrifices his own interest to justice.
He is kind, benevolent, humane, for all, because he sees a brother in every man, whatever his race or his belief.

If God has given him power and riches, he considers them as A TRUST confided to him for the general good; he is not vain of them, for he knows that God, who has given them to him, can take them from him. If the constitution of society has made other men dependent on him, he treats them with kindness and benevolence, as being his equals in the sight of God; he uses his authority to raise them morally, and not to crush them by his pride.

He is indulgent for the weaknesses of others, knowing that he too needs indulgence, and remembering the words of Christ, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone."

He is not vindictive, but remembers only benefits; following the example of Jesus, he forgives all offences, for he knows that he will only obtain forgiveness in proportion as he has forgiven.

He respects the rights of others, as established by the law of nature, as scrupulously as he desires those rights to be respected in his own case.

_kardec
edit on 17-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Back in the late 60''s , when the Selected Service draft was in effect, i had a real low draft number, which meant that the Army was going to get me any day. My dad told me to go down to the local Navy base and inquire about joining. When I went down there, they asked me if I would take an IQ test, which I agreed. I was able to score a 145, and it got me aviation training in the cold war. That IQ test definitively got me out of ground forces in Vietnam.

I have always looked upon that incident with mixed feelings. Some of my friends never came back from that fiasco, and I have always thought that was a very unfair advantage that many of them did not receive. On the other hand , it probably saved my life.

edit on 17-3-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have an I.Q. tested at 170. Don't have to believe me, but it's true... You asked.

I have NO friends. I find myself having to slow my thinking down when talking to the average person, kinda like when you are talking to a child. I am not bragging, you asked, I'm just answering you.
I am married, but it too is just a hobby. I enjoy manipulating people to my bidding.

I am independently wealthy, of my own making. Making money is just a hobby to me, it is very easy to do. I can't understand why most people have trouble creating wealth.

I also stay very bored. I never officially finished High School. I was too bored, and too busy with other things. I did get my G.E.D. Made the highest score ever recorded in my State. I also have no degrees, but I am self taught in literally dozens of disciplines. I have gotten to the point in my life whee I have almost run out of things to learn.

Being very intelligent is almost a curse. I am unhappy, bored, and depressed.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darrell41653
I have an I.Q. tested at 170. Don't have to believe me, but it's true... You asked.

I have NO friends. I find myself having to slow my thinking down when talking to the average person, kinda like when you are talking to a child. I am not bragging, you asked, I'm just answering you.
I am married, but it too is just a hobby. I enjoy manipulating people to my bidding.

I am independently wealthy, of my own making. Making money is just a hobby to me, it is very easy to do. I can't understand why most people have trouble creating wealth.

I also stay very bored. I never officially finished High School. I was too bored, and too busy with other things. I did get my G.E.D. Made the highest score ever recorded in my State. I also have no degrees, but I am self taught in literally dozens of disciplines. I have gotten to the point in my life whee I have almost run out of things to learn.

Being very intelligent is almost a curse. I am unhappy, bored, and depressed.

You have proven my point that IQ test are not a accurate method of determining intelligence.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Cloud based thinking is the way to go.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

You could challenge your brain by learning something different - like art / music / a language ..

Actually, that's inaccurate that we only use 5% or some other fraction of our brains. fMRI scans and PET scans have proven otherwise. I don't remember the percentages but practically speaking most folks use most of their brains much of the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

You have proven my point that IQ test are not a accurate method of determining intelligence.

There are now considered to be . . . IIRC . . . 7 Intelligences . . . don't know if I can recall them off the top of my head, or not. Been a while since I taught all this . . .

--NORMAL IQ TESTS basically test verbal ability; math ability; reasoning; reading comprehension and particularly vocabulary.

--MUSIC IQ

--BODY IQ--IN MOTION--SPORTS--HOW TO MAXIMIZE BODY POTENTIAL IN MOVEMENT

--SPATIAL IQ

--ARTISTIC IQ

--EMOTIONAL/RELATIONSHIP IQ

Seems like there's another one or 2 I'm not remembering.

No one is a genius in all of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sorry, if this is off-topic.

As I see here are lots of really intelligent people. I would really appreciate if anyone could take a look at the numbers of which I need to figure out the mathemathical relations . I made a post about that in the off-topic forum.

Thank you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'd have to gain 60 points to tell yo-. . .

OOOH! Something shiny!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was barely 142 last time I was seriously tested. On less reliable ones I have hit 176. I have pushed myself the last few years to gain more knowledge so who knows. I'm told I see the world differently, and I think I am at least a bit Aspie. My son is much more Aspergers than I am, I think he will be smarter as well. He has already memorized genus and species of hundreds and hundreds of animals and dinosaurs among other things.

Everyone is very different though. some highly intelligent people are very at ease with people, some are even sociopaths who can read and manipulate everyone around them. How people view and solve problems can be just as different.

In order to get a proper answer you would need to create and organize a test to standard to see when these people fall into.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
Sorry, if this is off-topic.

As I see here are lots of really intelligent people.

Thank you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or deluded people with big egos ?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Azza

Yeah your lack of IQ is apparent, hahaha.
You just had to come and troll on some Christians,
can't let people say they are Christian without insulting them.
You probably aren't even aware of what motivates you subconciously to do such things.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join