It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by NightShift

IQ tests should ask questions that can be applied in real-life situations. I would love to take a proper, sit down IQ test with honest questions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

I have an IQ of 146. I have a BA in Political Science, and a B.Ed. My brother has an IQ of 162, and most of my friends have IQs above 130. I was tested when I was young, as most of my friends were. I still take IQ/intelligence tests from time to time for fun, but I don't put much stock in them anymore, and I don't believe they are an accurate measure of intelligence.

Everyone thinks a little differently, and that's important to understand. IQ tests are a measure of a few very specific skills: Vocabulary/language, logic/math, and spatial reasoning.

Creativity, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, kinesthetic ability, and others are all equally (if not more) important to success/happiness in life.

I'm very 'intelligent', in the classical sense of the term, but I have a lot of problems as well. I spend a lot of time vacillating about minutiae. I have weird hangups, and I get impatient with people who can't immediately grasp certain concepts. At least, I used to. I've matured a lot. I'm a teacher now, and I've learned to understand and appreciate the limits of classical intelligence, and embrace the needs of diverse sets of learners.

I have conflicting views and philosophies, and I'm still not sure exactly what I believe about a lot of things. I trust my mind, and my conscience. I tend to over-value the most recent opinion I've been exposed to, and I give a lot of weight to the perspectives of those close to me. I try to surround myself with intelligent people, and I have little patience for ignorance. Most of my friends are high IQ, and very learned.

Intelligence is not that important, but it does affect the company you keep, and that's really the most important factor. If you surround yourself with people who are knowledgeable, rational, and who challenge you -- you get smarter, and you learn and grow.

IQ is not that important. Raw intelligence and ability to learn is important, but not nearly as important as learned skills such as work ethic, determination, and the ability to set goals. Most of my high-intelligence friends are not particularly successful in life. They're very bright, but they don't relate to people very well, and they often suffer from addictions and psychological issues.

I know complete knobs who are very successful and happy. They can't grasp advanced concepts in any subject, and they're limited by their intellect, but they're perfectly integrated into society, happy, and live fulfilling lives doing something they love. I also know brilliant artistic and logical geniuses who can't remember to brush their teeth or file their tax returns. They work dead-end jobs because they lack the self-confidence, drive, and interpersonal skills necessary to survive in a career environment.

I don't have children, but I plan to. I do hope that they'll be intellectually gifted, but I won't care if they're not. Every child has gifts -- they just need to be developed. A good support system and good mentors is ultimately far more important than raw intelligence.

Those are my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by The Sword

I take back that comment about the unwashed masses.

It's still difficult to sit back and watch things slide downhill. I'm struggling with ideas on how I can help improve society.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by The Sword

I take back that comment about the unwashed masses.

It's still difficult to sit back and watch things slide downhill. I'm struggling with ideas on how I can help improve society.

The real difficulty is that they won't let you help them Literary agents won't participate. It is difficult to convey a good message.

Do not forget that you are dealing with the same sort of people that sentenced Socrates to death. Murdered the Christ guy, shot Ghandi in the head, killed Martin, and anyone else who would come along who dared to love them and try to REALLY help them.

The "unwashed masses" prove themselves to be just that over and over again. The believe themselves to be masters of their own universes, and to some exent that is true, but they are all rather low thinking in their deliberations, if any.

It is a real puzzle that the majority of folk think that wisdom is a bad thing and irrationalism is a good thing. It is a real puzzle. Their enlightenment has always been right in front of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

He sounds like a good father. It would be nice if more fathers were like that!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm 145.

I think the single main difference between how I think, and how other people do, is that I have faith in my own mind. I don't rely on scientific (or any other authorities) to tell me how to think.

I truthfully feel that although atheists think of themselves as being really intelligent, in terms of the ones who worship the scientific establishment, they are probably less actively intelligent than most people, because they rely on other people to tell them how to think.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrew123
Hmm well yeah there you go. I just can't believe these people going on about how special they are. It's the thread ops fault infact for contemplating the idea.
What's rediculous to me is how so many truly believe that they are not special. One can learn a thing or two from anyone. You here are proof that each one of us believes that anyone reading here can learn of you, the difference lies in whether what you have was constructive or destructive.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A better question would be; "Do people think?!" followed by "How do people think?!"...

And why stop at 200? Why not push your luck and go for the 300?

By the way, an IQ of 1000 is still not comparable to people with intuitive intelligence skills.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
A better question would be; "Do people think?!" followed by "How do people think?!"...

And why stop at 200? Why not push your luck and go for the 300?

By the way, an IQ of 1000 is still not comparable to people with intuitive intelligence skills.

I agree the question could be asked "Do people think?!"

You ask, why stop at 200? the answer is because there is no higher score than 200! That is the highest possible score on any IQ test...

Albert Einstein had an IQ of 160 to give you some perspective on IQ scores.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have read about half this thread and have come to one conclusion.....Everyone on ATS is a genius......LMFAO!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
How do geniuses with IQ's Of 140 - 200 think? How do you geniuses feel emotionally, socially, and what are your ideologies in life?
I would like to hear from posters who have official test results, and other forms of IQ test.

[edit on 113131p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

I feel like having a Beer! LOL! Having a High IQ is often overacted on TV as aperson who is Brilliant yet a GEEK or Socially awkward...but that is not always the case. I have a 174 IQ. I like Hunting and Fishing....I even have a pickup truck...LOL!

But sometimes...I have a hard time when I have to go to these CD Release Parties as one of my jobs is in entertainment and this often occurs in either NY or LA....and at the party are some people who THINK they are smart and put others down who are not so tuned in with their Self Created Scene. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and sometimes for my own twisted enjoyment...talk to them with a crowd around to expose exactly how UNCOOL and STUPID they are....I know...not nice...but no ones perfect. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Don't know my IQ for sure, and I doubt 99% of these posters did, either.
I'd love to give an elaborate response, but I'm not at liberty to do so without actually knowing for sure whether or not I fit within this category.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
IQ 143 and 141 tested at age 6 and 18 by Licensed Psychiatrists.
Father: Intelligence officer in Navy, Vietnam.
Grandfather: intelligence officer in Air Force, WW2.

First of all, any of these people saying that they are "Christians" or "Spiritual" and have high IQ's, they are full of #. Anyone who has the real thought processes to understand true reality and truly understand evolution and genetics over billions of years is not going to believe in some mystical sky creature.

Long history of drug and alcohol use. Forced to work #ty jobs to get by until finished with lawschool.

Had uncontrollable ADD since I was very young, unable to focus on what's in front of me. Some call it hyper awareness, being aware of every tiny detail around me at all times but unable to focus on tasks in front of me unless I use extreme focus which is draining.

Can only be around other people for short durations, because mind is constantly analyzing and computing the statistics and probatilities of all their actions and possible behaviors and motivations behind them. Large groups are much worse. Very paranoid and unable to accept help from others due to possible theories.

Theories constantly disrupting my life, they range from rational and genius to totally insane, but at the times of their development they seem totally rational. Written several novels but never published them due to fear of rejection.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
They tend to think very, very, quickly, and usually, get frustrated that the people around them can't think that fast.

Quite often people with very high IQs are socially inept because of this.

Yes! This is truth.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
People always think I'm an asshole because I think too fast and talk too fast without measuring the possible emotional repercussions my words could carry due to the inherent need for efficiency. I spend most of my days apologizing when I come back to it later on and realize what I've done. Every person around me tells me how smart I am. It's nice to hear but makes me an ego maniacal freak. Makes me feel like a God. Then I do something stupid and I'm back to normal.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
"I used to be conceited, but now i'm absolutely perfect"

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Emotionally: In my adulthood I am happy, although usually fatalistic and somewhat detached, punctuated by moments of extreme frustration.

Socially: I am content socially. I have a small group of friends that respect my space, my husband, daughter and I are close knit, and I like the community we are in. I am one of those people that would prefer to be alone more than most others could tolerate.

My ideologies in life are highly subjective and complex. At my core I would say I am a universalist religiously and a humanist socially, but nothing is absolute.

For the record, I don't take much stock in I.Q. tests, they are a limited measure of intelligence. But I test in your range so I figured I would contribute. I don't think we are really much different than anyone else. Reading this, it seems our values are all very similar, and I would wager just about like everyone else's too.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

I think idealistically.

I am anti-social. I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder (SAD) in my late teens, I have since recovered dramatically from its effects.

I am emotional to a point, but I never let emotion interfere with logic. I am not affected by loss or sadness.

I don't think it has anything to do with IQ to be quite honest.

I have known many people with similar IQs who have a very different thought process that I do, mine being a very unique thing. In recent times I have found that I don't forget much of anything, yet I have trouble initiating my recall memory unless placed with a trigger to do so. Constantly my mind is blur of multiple images and thoughts all at once, racing between topic and topic, and I simply stop it at the location that I want to reflect on at the time. It didn't always used to be like this - this started happening after I was diagnosed with severe depression and SAD and then overcame that, yet it still never returned to normal. Whether or not it is a chemical imbalance, a mental thing, or just my general thought process, remains to be seen.

As for my IQ, I have taken 3 tests, 192 (15 years old), 172 (18 years old), and 184 (22 years old). Note that the lower score was during the height of my depression years, so I'm sure it had some correlating effect.
edit on 5-5-2012 by gwydionblack because: additional information

edit on 5-5-2012 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hrm, how do I think? I think faster, read faster, come through multiple points at one time, multitask, and generally annoy the crud out of anyone that wants quiet time.

How do I think within the context of being a "high IQ" with a lot of other "high IQs" around me? I'm very creative, and don't care about their level of intelligence, as long as I can get whatever my point is across.

But it's a big Meh for me.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
not sure much can be said, except we're oddballs that refuse to take anyone's demands without an adequate reason for it. pretty sure every tag kid I've ever seen refused to obey unless the orders made sense to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join