It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Faster.

This is not the real question, the real question is "how do wise men think"?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Smarter.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think I analyze things and think pretty hard and deep about a topic, before chimming in on a subject. I would think that most people in that range would do the same, and have very analytic minds, be able to memorize and engrain the thoughts and learnings into a part of the brain, to be stored away for when that info is needed,

Im more curious about autistic people and people like the Rain man guy, or the the man who can look at a skyline and draw everysingle detail, down to a crack in a wall. amazing the Human brain, its like they use a different 10% or more of their brain, just like a slacker oops, I meant Politician, would use 1% of his/her brain, just enough to get the people brainwashed with idiotic policy and and ideas.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have always thought it interesting that your IQ is your socalled intellectual age divided by your chronological age.

Basically it is measuring how much you know compared to what you are supposed to know. According to this you would think average should be about 100. That would be your two ages being the same.

When I took tests to join the military my IQ was 145. I don't think it is anywhere close to that now. I have aged a lot and not gotten very much smarter.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hmmm...pitty, I am more in the 230-330 range....depends on what I've had for breakfast.

This question is not for me.

edit on 16/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
IQ is drastically overrated. Basically it measures how computer-like your brain is, identifying pointless patterns, calculating sums, referencing things against a database in your memory, etc.

Its ironic that the "smartest" people Ive ever come across, are some of the biggest fools Ive ever known. Theyve always been easily indoctrinated, and hyper-resistant to the suggestion that things are not as they seem to be. Part of that is pure ego on their part ("Im so smart, if things really were not as they seemed, I would have already seen it!") , but I think there is more to it than that.

Im sure everyone has met fools with high IQs in their life times.

True intelligence, IMO, has nothing to do with how quick you can calculate 317^54, or how many languages you know. It has to do with being able to see and discern the truth through the enormous cloud of BS thats obscuring it; its your depth of perception into the true nature of things; its wisdom.

One of the saddest things, I think, is seeing an old fool whose supposedly super smart, but it terms of wisdom, is borderline retarded.

I think OPs question is completely irrelevant to anything important, and serves (not deliberately) as a distraction. The question that should be asked is how do the wise think. Unfortunately since society places such a low value on wisdom (very important) and such a high one on arbitrary IQ numbers (ultimately very unimportant), people arnt interested.

Personally Im much more interested in how a person like Buddha or Jesus thinks, rather than the 200 IQ mathematician wanker who cant even see that 9/11 was an inside job

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I'm going to say that a person with an IQ within 140-200 thinks in the same way anyone else does. All thought is based on innate characteristics and learned ones. Some just respond differently based on what they have retained. Some learn the hard way. IQ is a biased test devised to measure certain areas of intelligence, but should not be limited to academic skill sets. There are many forms of intelligence and many constructs that aren't accounted for. The one thing we should all focus on is: we can always learn more. there are always things we don't know, and there are many things we will never know. Our job is to learn and educate others on the facts, in the hope that we may all have a chance to learn the truth regardless of measured intelligence.

You should read what this guy thinks about innate charateristics from a thread here called:

A Question About Girls (Not Relationships)
The fourth response:

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by swan001

If she doesn't like you in a romantic way then she won't flirt with you. The evolutionary explanation I read about why girls want to "go out" with bad boys/troublemakers is that those kind of boys will play around more with other girls - seriously - and if they get pregnant with a son the son is liable to carry that playing around gene too, which means more offspring in the long run. Girls probably don't even know why they do it, but "life will find a way" and that way seems successful in evolutionary/passing along DNA terms.
"Girls probably don't even know why they do it..." Don't you think that a woman would WONDER why she does what she does? For the record I completely agree with what you have posted.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Personally Im much more interested in how a person like Buddha or Jesus thinks, rather than the 200 IQ mathematician wanker who cant even see that 9/11 was an inside job

But yet you believe Jesus was a real person...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They tend to think very, very, quickly, and usually, get frustrated that the people around them can't think that fast.

Quite often people with very high IQs are socially inept because of this.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
let me be the 17th person to post

"I'd have to knock off 50 points to tell you"

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've tested in the low 140s for my tests, but I would hardly consider myself to be a genius. But I do feel I'm a lot smarter than just about everyone I interact with.....which admittedly could be debateable considering my way of life.

For me I just feel extremely bored with everything, and refuse to work for any sort of company or man. I will work for myself, be my own man/boss, and just in general do whatever I want. I've gone to college for business, but it all just seems like such a basic and completely needless endeavor, so I quit going. I've basically resigned to the fact that life is meaningless if you have to be an employee/slave to the man. That's one so-called genius' perspective on life.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
IQ is drastically overrated. Basically it measures how computer-like your brain is, identifying pointless patterns, calculating sums, referencing things against a database in your memory, etc.

Its ironic that the "smartest" people Ive ever come across, are some of the biggest fools Ive ever known. Theyve always been easily indoctrinated, and hyper-resistant to the suggestion that things are not as they seem to be. Part of that is pure ego on their part ("Im so smart, if things really were not as they seemed, I would have already seen it!") , but I think there is more to it than that.

Im sure everyone has met fools with high IQs in their life times.

True intelligence, IMO, has nothing to do with how quick you can calculate 317^54, or how many languages you know. It has to do with being able to see and discern the truth through the enormous cloud of BS thats obscuring it; its your depth of perception into the true nature of things; its wisdom.

One of the saddest things, I think, is seeing an old fool whose supposedly super smart, but it terms of wisdom, is borderline retarded.

I think OPs question is completely irrelevant to anything important, and serves (not deliberately) as a distraction. The question that should be asked is how do the wise think. Unfortunately since society places such a low value on wisdom (very important) and such a high one on arbitrary IQ numbers (ultimately very unimportant), people arnt interested.

You and I have at least one thing in common, I am much more interested in how Jesus thinks when it comes to many things, but it's not bad either to try to understand what others think as well. I am of the opinion that Solomon of the bible was a wise man indeed. He wrote some things about wisdom and folly, well worth reading. Satan wasn't born yesterday.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was always bored with school, and I am usually bored with work. I get off on very complex problems that involve depth of thought but not many small details (like programming, for example). I am often not very productive because I live for a problem, no matter how insignificant, until I solve it.

I am often depressed by the world around me. I don't see how any intelligent person could not be.

I am Liberal/Progressive and nearly a pacifist. My perfect world would be a Libertarian utopia, but that could only occur if everyone were like I. The reality is that people need structure, guidance and assistance from the state. To be a right-winger in this world is the moral equivalent of cruelty to animals.

I am successful, but not extremely rich, because money is meaningless to me. If I can pay the bills, I am fine.

I believe that the teachings of Jesus are profoundly wise, but I do not believe in mysticism or superstition. I think organized religion does more harm than good.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
How do geniuses with IQ's Of 140 - 200 think? How do you geniuses feel emotionally, socially, and what are your ideologies in life?
I would like to hear from posters who have official test results, and other forms of IQ test.
[edit on 113131p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

Emotionally, life is bittersweet, a stewing pot of mixed emotions.
Socially, friends are important, you feel valued by others even if it was not their intention.
I believe Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
There are a people who build their houses on sand, and a people who build their houses on The Rock, on The Truth. Both those on the sand and those on The Rock experience the harshness of the winds and waves.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
IQ tests are timed so, despite a lack of consensus on what exactly constitites intelligence, one thing is clear. Intelligence includes an element of rapid problem solving ability and perception. I have met many other genius level people and we do not always process information in similar ways. Personally, I think intellect varies as widely as people's idiosyncratic ways of processing emotion.

That being said, I would equate intelligence with some batters' ability to see the spin on a pitch. People can be trained to read a pitch, but a naturally talented hitter can do it faster, perceiving more cues more quickly, and with less effort. I see more and can read into something deeper and faster than someone less intelligent. If speed is not critical, however, that other person can eventually see into something just as thoroughly.

So, generally speaking, those of us with high IQs are simply faster.....not necessarily smarter. The gift is in making learning easier, and is very often completely wasted. For the average person with a desire to learn, IQ is not a barrier to being "smart." Intelligence has its uses, however, especially in roles that require people to process novel information quickly.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think I went off the top of the screen, wrapped around and reappeared at the bottom, but with an angular, drifting sort of asteroidal intelligence.

I can't locate anybody who knows the things I know.
I don't understand why people are so amused with the simple things like iphones and football.
It seems like I've gone up the river.

I think in terms of symbols and archetypes. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am a conspiracy factualist. And I make up words. That is the proof. I have discovered hidden things on a hidden calendar. The coolest thing about it is that the stock market moves on this calendar so I imagine some day I will be very rich. Then I can do the simple things with the other people.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

This is a really good post. I found it a very interesting read. Do you practice Tao daily and do you ever find yourself wavering in the discipline? What is your physical activity like? Do you exercise daily as well? Do all of these help you deal with stress in your daily life? Have you ever dealt with a personal tragedy and how did you deal with it?

I am curious how a high IQ helps in dealing with personal loss/tragedy that creates several emotional pain? Those of us with a lesser IQ I would imagine have a harder time dealing with that?

Sorry for the shotgun questions...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I do not have common sense naturally, I do not suppose, and cannot remember mundane daily things very well because my mind is always elsewhere. I excel in logic, philosophy, languages, history, physics.. but I had to turn math into a language to understand it well. I see patterns in everything. I have a strong faith in GOD, and think the most awesome thing in the world to decipher is religious texts.

I also think I am ignorant, because there are too many things I do not know, but people believe I am intelligent. (they told me I must have a low way of thinking of myself so I quit informing people I was ignorant) but I have a high IQ, and do not yet know how that makes me intelligent.

I do not care about what entertains most, I care nothing for money or shopping or possessions or television. I want to learn things and prefer to read. Reading texts and gaining knowledge is my form of entertainment. I can go days without sleep if I am learning something new.

I do not know how I think. Maybe someday I will learn this too.

And, my mind thinks even when I sleep, I get some of the best solutions when I am sleeping. The only time my mind stops thinking is when I pray.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but this is what I think about how high IQ people think.

On a serious note, I have known several people with really high IQ's.. Not batting 1000, if you know what I mean. There is a fine line between genius and insanity. This is especially true with Sheldon LOL!
edit on 16-4-2012 by berkeleygal because: video

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by kegs

True. The smarter you are, the lonelier you may be.

It's depressing to watch society devolve into a conflict between the ignorant, unwashed masses and their smarter peers.
I hate to say it but as far as the U.S is concerned, the masses are winning.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join