How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
135 to 145 depending on which test.

There are different types of IQ tests. There are 6 to 8 recognized tests and they are not the same. General knowledge, math , logic and spatial abilities are all represented in different ratios in different tests. The way you think has a great deal to do with the outcome.

Everybody is different. Most of us are smarter in some areas than other areas. The higher the IQ score the more your capacity for learning. This does not necessarily mean that high scorers use this capacity. Many low scorers end up being smarter in the long run because they keep on educating themselves.

I like to learn. I cant help it. I read every damn thing I can get my hands on. It's an addiction like smoking or alcohol. I can't sit with what I know and be content. I always need more input.
I'm extremely smart but that doesn't always help in the real world.

I can't remember numbers. I can't remember names of people I meet.
I like people and they like me but only one on one. I'm not a part of the crowd.

Other than that I have a wonderful command of myriads of thoroughly useless information and can recite crap that almost nobody cares about. Most people don't get me unless they are interested in the same things as I am.

I've noticed some animosity towards people with high IQ scores. It's as if some people resented it. Don't let it bother you. Every high IQ is balanced by shortcomings in some other area. Every low IQ is balanced by other gifts.
It all works out if you put effort into your life.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
How do geniuses with IQ's Of 140 - 200 think? How do you geniuses feel emotionally, socially, and what are your ideologies in life?
I would like to hear from posters who have official test results, and other forms of IQ test.

[edit on 113131p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

Hi Liquidation. I wouldn't call myself a genius but my IQ falls in your range so I'll try to answer your post.

As for official test results I was tested by the military, twice, so I hope that is 'official' enough for you.

Emotinally I'm pretty detatched but that's a reflection on my personality and experiences. I'm not an emotional person but I can become enraged if I am not careful.

Socially I am largely disinterested in people on anything other than a superficial level. I find them dull for the most part but like anybody else I am interested in different people for different reasons. I like people who can challenge my mindset or who have a good sense of humour. Nothing unique there.

Ideologies? I trust my instincts.

It feels sometimes like I am two different people. I have to be one type of person to relate to others and function but on the inside I am watching things from a different perspective. Things seem clearer or more complex to me than to other people around me.

Oh...

and I can program a VCR, no problems.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Haha! you guys are living in a fantasy world! - results from On-line tests and other non-serious tests! Haha! LOL!

And to read that so many of you claim to have a REAL IQ above 140 - I think I laugh myself to death! Haha!

Is that from the Wechsler-scale or Stanford-Binet scale?

Wow! I didn't know! - soo many genius at ATS!

With those fantasy scores, all of you could join Mensa! ROFLMAO!
www.us.mensa.org...

But Now! - back to earth, and the reality!....

98 IQ is the average IQ for the US!
www.sq.4mg.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

IQ averages in US States - best estimate available

www.sq.4mg.com...

Kind regards from an European with a lousy 121 IQ

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm sure that most of the Internet ones aren't that great.

I took mine at school and the library.

Further, I'm not sure that it is that unlikely to find that there would be a greater number of people in the above average category on a forum like this.

You are required to write, and be somewhat fluent in order to be accepted. No one is going to get by on their boobs and their football skills. (okay, maybe a few could get by on their boobs)

The nature of the board requires that you spend some of your free time in thought. That you spend time doing free- association about mundane topics. That you listen, and question what you is told to you. That you can associate previous knowledge to current information feeds. That you seek out other information sources, requiring at least some interest in thinking about information and understanding it.

Not that people mightn't fail at all of those things. Failure and incorrect conclusions is part of the process of thinking.

This board is a self-selective group. The nature of the topics implies that the people on it read, seek out information, are curious, tend to free-associate.

[edit on 2009/3/9 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd My life is reasonably ordinary and as for politics and beliefs, I'm a liberal, tree-hugger feminist Democrat. My presence here on ATS has given me an impetus to learn things outside my usual fields of experience and it's really enhanced my work at school.

since you're a super mod, if I reply with something critical of your post, but not insulting, do i get points taken off?

just making sure before i post.

-

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I consider myself emotionally self-controlled, although I'm constantly having to fight off the barbs that I sense in my enviornment. When I give myself permission, I can be rather overwhelming at times.

I've always been uncomfortable in social situations, probably because I was isolated in early childhood and then suddenly placed alongside charismatic, self-loathing people starting around the 2nd grade. In addition, I'm convinced that our generation doesn't derive as much enjoyment from casual social interaction as gen-Xers and baby boomers.

I don't practice any religion. I've found practically all of them to be gravely misleading, compared to what I've seen after investigating them beyond the surface.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am 15 years of age and I got 144 for an IQ test- honestly. I always knew that there wasn't something quite right about the world and since my 14th birthday I have used the internet and various books to learn more about the scene behind the curtains

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

It is not that there is something wrong with the world, it's that you have a sense that there is another world greater than this. Many great minds in the world, both in the East and the West, such as Buddha, Guru Nanak and Wittgenstein have emphasised living in the world, just as it is. The world is only problematic if you problematize it. If you simply live in the moment without becoming attached to the suffering around you, you can turn life into an enjoyable flow. You can equally enjoy both the conditions of suffering and the conditions of pleasure, witnessing everything as just another experience in a possible infinite experiences.

How does a person with an IQ of 140 and 200 think? My answer, slower than somebody with an IQ of 240-300, which in turn is slower than 340-400. If such celings do indeed exist that is. My point is it is an irrelevant question. Having a higher IQ simply means you can process certain data faster than somebody with a lower IQ, but this is only a quanitative difference. It has no bearing on qualitative difference i.e., the quality of ones experiences in life, ones ethical judgements and spirituality. Hitler is an example of somebody with an IQ of 140, and he indeed was a good processor of information, but lead a very lousy quality of life: paranoid, slightly schizophrenic, evil, perverted. On the hand, Einstein had a similar IQ, and he lived a far more dignified life.

A fundamental error one makes is to compare IQ to wisdom. There is no entailment between IQ and wisdom. You can have a high iq and be unwise, and a low IQ and be wise. Thus there really is no need to start compartmentalizing people in the world on the basis of IQ, this is simply exercising a dogmatic and totalitarian standard where the quality of ones opinions is measured by IQ, giving importance to people in the world who have high IQ and undermining the others. This is very much a reflection of the prevailing ideology today: academics have higher quality opinions because they have higher IQ(higher logical, verbal and mathematical ability) But then consider a man like Wittgenstein, who was incredibly academic, but opined that the real knowledge belonged to common people.

That is to say those people with lower IQ's are not necessarily less wise than those with higher IQ's. In fact, Wittgenstein's considers them to even more wiser, because of the depth of their life knowledge. This is a healthy attitude to have. As soon as we get rid of these dogmatic standards that only academics can tell us about the world, we realise that we can learn about the world from anyone and everyone. Even a 5 year old child can tell us things about the world that can enlighten us. Next time you meet someone, don't judge them for how clever they are or not, rather see them for what you can learn from them. Everybody is a repoistory of knowledge, you just have to tap it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by influx.destruction
I am 15 years of age and I got 144 for an IQ test- honestly. I always knew that there wasn't something quite right about the world and since my 14th birthday I have used the internet and various books to learn more about the scene behind the curtains

Ego's, thats whats wrong with the world. Built into us as a species. Sorry, but we cant fix that.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I consider myself fairly educated as I do have two (2) masters degrees. One in psychology and the other in biological science. I am 56 years old and the last time that my IQ was tested was in 1986. At that time it was rated at 153 but as some in here say, I don't think that is a great judge of intelligence. I think that IQ is raised or lowered by actual brain activity. The more activity the better and the less, it can actually go down. Nor do I think that IQ is a constant thing either. When you consider people like Einstein, he was probably far beyond any of this. Where most of us have a cerebral divide, he did not. The was no separation between his two brain lobes, and yes he was an extremely intelligent man. His theory of evolution was based on another theory of gravity which one day we will find that every thing is based on the theory of gravity, which is now, no longer a theory.

My self, I have a very complex personality, difficult for many to deal with or understand. Sometimes or should I say most of the time, very difficult for even me to understand. I think constantly, which is a hassle in itself. I just can't stop myself from doing this. It's very hard to carry on a conversation with me for others as I am usually thinking of something else, rather than what they are talking about. I seem to move far beyond the topic of conversation very quickly and by that time I am far past the conversation. I have an uncanny memory and can remember the slightest of details from many years ago, some of which mean nothing to any body. I also remember a post I read in here from years ago that some one said that they had an ability to connect things that others might not. I seem to have that same ability. I did it many years ago, such as some of the writings in the bible connecting them to every day occurrences that may have happened thousands of years ago, and today those connections are being made. I have never thought of myself as an intelligent person although I have been told by many that I am, many of which have told me this I thought to be much more intelligent than myself. I could look around the world years ago, and connect things that are happening today, such as the wars that we participate in and the things that go on behind closed doors. It never seemed that difficult for me to figure those things out. Others things that I used to try to figure out many years ago that are just now beginning to be talked about such as the media, including magazines, T.V., radio and others forms of the media too. They are just not the truth about 99% of the time. These are the things that people actually base their life on and I have always though it crazy. For example, I have never purchased any thing because of some advertisement...Never...Not once. Go figure. I have always known some how that all these are scams to get you to buy something and it just doesn't affect me. And honestly, I think that it should, but it never has.

Any way,I just thought that I would post up and say, that I do not think that a high IQ necessarily means that you are intelligent, but rather you have the ability to be intelligent if you utilize what you have to work with in your head. Unfortunately, I have never been able to do this for some unknown reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I tested at 156 when I was 13 years old and have never been tested again. The only things I can tell you that I notice are different between me and most people are that I A)overanalyze, everything; B)Seem to be better at looking at things from multiple perspectives than most; and C)I am empathic. Dont know if it has anything to do with my IQ, but I most definitely FEEL the emotion and energy of others.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I can memorize a textbook page after reading it once, and read said page in about 1 minute. I can grasp concepts faster than most folks seem to. Besides the stereotypical "High IQ powers", I usually surprise anyone who I am in a conversation with by relating two totally unrelated topics. For example, I could be looking at a bird and suddenly relate its flight to the an electrical impulse. I don't quite know if that a direct result of a high IQ or if that's just a personal oddity. Besides that (and winning at chess a lot) I can't really say what there is that's different without delving into someone else's brain and thinking their thoughts for a while.
This is a great idea for a post though, how other people think is something I've often wondered myself.
By the was my FSIQ is 160 (tested at age 19 for a friend's psychology research at my alma mater)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by waldheimat]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

Well considering I have a 135 I would imagine kind of like me..... I think this quite often " Those #ing idiots!!!!!!!!! "

More than likely it involves a lot of frustration at the stupidity of the common person. I am not the smartest tool in the shed but I have found out long ago that not all men are created equal. Most people live for today and only think with their sexual organs while other people actually put other things first surprisingly.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

I am not sure if I consider myself guineas because my spelling totally sucks, but so did Einstein’s.
When I was in the third grade I was tested and it was determined that my mind worked faster than my mouth and hands could keep up with, but my motor skills were normal so my mind was too fast. Anyway I find myself doing a lot of math in my head and I can figure my grocery bill within s few cents tax and all before I get to the register.
Um, I read people pretty well; I pick up on things other people seem to over look. I am also considered to be weird to some people but I have learned not to care. In high school I learned to act dumb to blend in. I can mirror those around me and blend in with any crowd, rich, poor, gangsta, the well educated and the mentally challenged. I think my last IQ test showed me in the 150's. So I am not on the real high end of super smart but I have my strengths. Emotionally I suffer, I have a hard time expressing my feelings and I very seldom cry (and I am a girl LOL... weird huh???) Sometimes I do not even know how I feel myself, like when I am hurt I show rage because I cannot express the pain. I have spent some time in therapy and this has helped tremendously. For a long time I thought I was crazy, turns out I am just smart. Oh and I do not like very many people in general, I mean as far as getting close I do not do that easy. I do not trust very many people, I have a lot of people I am friendly with but very few true friends that I would trust.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Its hard, emotionally detached from the norm but still subject to very volatile and violent emotions, able to process information and see connections much faster than the average person leading to both ease in social situations and difficulty if I decide not to slow myself down for a conversation.

My IQ is 167 I was tested over the course of several days at one of the largest hospitals in europe as part of a psych evaluation test.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
IQ tests are flawed. No I am not saying this because I have been tested, scored a low mark and hence have a complex about it. I am saying this because it is based on learnt information. So IQ is perceived intelligence. Take aboriginals for example who score low in traditional IQ tests but have the most amazing memory. They have developed that over the years out of necessity, for survival and traversing the huge landscape that is australia. Anyone can get a phd in science or art or engineering. University and school is about dedication. Noone is good at math unless they have learnt the techniques and practised applying it. IQ tests are used by certain races to label others as stupid and hence inferior (aka caucasian and african.. no I am caucasian.. no complex here either). To limit oneself because of a number is the epitomy of being stupid. To hold oneself above others because of a number is even worse. Infact the word intelligence even limits itself toward stupidity. It is just another label. People don't be arrogant and don't feel stupid just because of a flawed test and a sociatal label. That's my rant for now. here's a little image i created for abit of a laugh.. abit relevent to the times

img14.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Having read just about all of these posts, I feel confident enough to draw two conclusions from what I've read:
a) Many of the people who know their scores were honest and
b) Many of the people who didn't know their scores, either used an inflated score from an online "test" or simply made one up.

I really don't believe there are as many 140+ IQ scores here as were reported. I mean, let's be serious... is it even close? Someone brought up an excellent point a few posts ago about the average American IQ score. Most likely, the average IQ score for ATS members is slightly above average (only because I doubt there would be as many sub-normal IQs here as there are members with scores above normal). At some point as we go down into the sub-normal category, people lose the ability to navigate this forum (as well as the Internet, computers, etc.).
Removing those with exceedingly low scores from the population raises the average. It's as simple as that.

That being said, it is highly unlikely (statistically, speaking) that over 70% of respondents in this forum have IQs over 140.
People who were honest about their scores stand out as having reported scores that fit the pattern of what we would expect. Of those who reported exceedingly high scores, I think we can, more or less, guarantee that they are being dishonest, which leads me to question why.

ATS is completely anonymous so what is the pay-off for reporting a ridiculously high IQ score? People do not engage in behaviors that aren't rewarding in some way. What do people expect to get out of trying to pass themselves off as geniuses? Are they expecting some sort of praise?
Are they just curious to see what others say about their post(s)?
What is it that prompts you to report clear statistical anomalies like that? Could someone please explain that to me? I really want to know!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Haha phusion... very good point. It's quite obviously because they want to feel special. It's like that movie catch me if you can.. it feels good to play the role of someone you're not
. I also can't believe how special people think they are. I feel embarassed just reading the memos people have written on their struggles in life as an 'ultra intelligent human being'. Infact I got many laughs pooring over the 33 pages. But please people why bother lying about you intelligence quotient? It's just a number.. that means next to nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've taken the IQ test through university manditory lab when I was in 1st yr psych. I got a 194 and it helped that I lived in the US for a while since it is an American standard test.

so what? 194? I'm still an idiot. I am 42 and someone else pays my bills because frankly I don't know how nor want to know how. I forget to take out the garbage on tues nights and often forget my own phone number.

The test frankly means nothing to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hmm well yeah there you go. I just can't believe these people going on about how special they are. It's the thread ops fault infact for contemplating the idea.

new topics
top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join